• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Watching the Jinx preview video, wouldn't the rocket autoattack cel-shade-style smoke clouds get really distracting with high attack speeds?

Also I really hope they don't try to make Tristana more wild/serious/"animalistic" to use the Riot post terminology. She was one of the very few champions in the game, along with Teemo and Braum, who actually seem sort of cheerful or happy instead of dramatic, frowny, and angry.

There are a few others who are happy in the "gleefully insane" sense like Ziggs, Lux, and Jinx, but I can't think of many in the "pleasantly cheerful" sense.

There are a few others who are happy in the "gleefully insane" sense like Ziggs, Lux, and Jinx, but I can't think of many in the "pleasantly cheerful" sense.

Part of why I love playing Nunu. Can't be mad when listening to "You won't like him when he's angry!". Sona's relaxing too - "Adagio, Summoner.", "Harmoniously." - if not really cheerful. I find Corki's attitude great fun (and base skin Rumble's, though he's definitely approaching pyromaniac status). Braum's probably the best bet from recent releases.

my brother who played dota for 10 years (when I started playing league he kept playing dota) just switched to smite because he thought dota2 was becoming too casual-friendly

smite seems to gain some popularity at least
thats certainly an interesting direction to go for him id be curious what he'll think of it in a few months
It's a great game, my only problem with it is that the laning phase isn't engaging at all because there's no focus on lasthitting and it's kinda boring since it's basically right click forever. If they improved that it would be so much better.
i think you still get more gold from an actual last hit vs a death near you but it's hard to notice

also the targeting could be improved to help with that as it's kind of unreliable and seems harder than it should be if you were actually trying for last hits

Sofo

Aaah! Finally some AD scaling on Trist! I love the rework, both visually and gameplay wise. Rocket Girl looks even more awesome (although all her skins look so crisp now!).

Pd. I keep quoting Tristana and Braum when I play them. "Is that a rocket in your pocket?!" and "TEH HART IS ZE STRONGEST MUSCLE!" (idk how to write that accent down lol). I also quote "Quit floppin' around!" from Nami >_>;

I might have a problem

Nekofrog

Banned
tristana is the og jinx

"come on, i wanna shoot something"
"look at the pretty explosions!"
"DIRECT HIT"
"is that a rocket in your pocket?"

zkylon

zkylewd
you belong in a museum is the best quote in the game to say out loud imo

took me years but i think i finally have ez's voice down

jerd

my brother who played dota for 10 years (when I started playing league he kept playing dota) just switched to smite because he thought dota2 was becoming too casual-friendly

smite seems to gain some popularity at least

This is weird to me because even though I like Smite I've always seen it as the most casual friendly by FAR. Everyone has crazy amounts of CC immunity, including adcs, to go along with their insane mobility. Also as Nev said there is no last hitting.

Tristana's exposed midriff on her default skin is a little weird. Don't really see how that was necessary. Speaking of unnecessary: Nidalee and Katarina being on the receiving end of yet another skin, made worse by Kat's being terribly uninspired.

The Jinx one is cool though, if only for those The Wind Waker-esque explosions.

Sofo

Tristana's exposed midriff on her default skin is a little weird. Don't really see how that was necessary. Speaking of unnecessary: Nidalee and Katarina being on the receiving end of yet another skin, made worse by Kat's being terribly uninspired.

The Jinx one is cool though, if only for those The Wind Waker-esque explosions.

Yeah I agree it's not really necessary but it does look like the stereotypical "soldier chick" outfit, with a tank top that exposes the belly button, so I guess they were going for that.

I was wondering why I was liking Jinx's skin so much lol, and of course, it's the Wind Waker smoke haha. Thanks for pointing it out!

Blizzard

Banned
Teemo.

YOU WANT MORE OF THAT?!
Yep, Teemo is cute and funny.

Part of why I love playing Nunu. Can't be mad when listening to "You won't like him when he's angry!". Sona's relaxing too - "Adagio, Summoner.", "Harmoniously." - if not really cheerful. I find Corki's attitude great fun (and base skin Rumble's, though he's definitely approaching pyromaniac status). Braum's probably the best bet from recent releases.
Agreed, and I forgot about Sona. I don't have the Nunu Bot skin but the voice lines are great.

I just bought my own cable modem and swapped it in today. Place your bets if I'll still get disconnections during games! *edit* 999 ping during loading screen, finally down to the normal 96 after the game started. Scary start.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah the vfx on the jinx skin are pretty great

and bare midriffs are a part of life, it's silly but whatevs. at least pirate trist looks great

also i was editing this ahri pic and just realized i'd totally buy a short-haired ahri skin... or short haired lux... with glasses............

Blizzard

Banned
yeah the vfx on the jinx skin are pretty great

and bare midriffs are a part of life, it's silly but whatevs. at least pirate trist looks great
Great? Didn't they rob pirate Tristana of her hook hand?

Also I made it maybe 2.5 minutes into the game before my internet died for a minute or more. Oh well, at least now I have an expensive cable modem for a couple of years.

DeadNames

Banned
I actually really dig new Trist. Something about her just seems so free flowing.

She's like a yordle version of Jinx minus the craziness.

The quality of Riot's VUs make me so fucking pumped to see new Taric. I wanna see a fucking fabulous, handsome hammer wielding model of glitz, glamor, and gems. And they had best keep his /t and /j.

Blizzard

Banned
As soon as I got ganked by another lane in a bot game, my internet died. Yet enough of it apparently stayed up for Malphite to walk into range (in vision), ult me, kill me, and maybe do a couple of other things while the reconnecting dialog box was up and I was locked into standing still.

Then the brand new $100 cable modem, apparently reporting great signal just like the last one did, completely reset itself, with all the lights going off and eventually back on.

Once everything came back up, pressing 'Y' did not do anything. I had forced camera lock until I died, and then 'Y' worked to toggle camera lock again.

I am BAFFLED by all this.

I've even had cable technicians check the line before (not one but TWO technicians checking everything at the same time), making sure signal was decent, even taking out a splitter or two inside the wall. Worked great. Now crazy.

Nekofrog

Banned
i mean if you've isolated your equipment, then it has to be something beyond your control at this point

i'd get on your isp's ass or run a tracert like i said earlier

kbehwv.png

This needs to be an actual skin.

GODDAMNIT THEY TOOK AWAY MY BUCANEER TRISTANA'S FUCKING HOOK HAND GOD FUCKING DAMNIT ARERRGGJGJGJJFGLDFLGDFLG

I'm not that mad, just disappointed.
You could bring this up and they'd probably change it like they changed Surfer Singed's board after his visual update.

What's with Kat and Nidalee getting holiday theme skins. They already have the christmas skins, and now chinese new year.
Couldn't drum up enough inspiration to think of something for any of the 120+ other champions. Had to go with the umpteenth bland outfit for Katarina.

zkylon

zkylewd
What's with Kat and Nidalee getting holiday theme skins. They already have the christmas skins, and now chinese new year.
it's weird but i mean, the nidalee christmas skin is super old and kat hasn't got a skin in like two years (which was that christmas skin too)

not exactly a waifu conspiracy :p

Sofo

I think the critcism with these two getting a skin is that both Katarina and Nidalee are hella obnoxious. It might be my own personal experience though, when I first started there was a Kat or Nid in every game... zzzz.

Nini guys!

zkylon

zkylewd
cuz kat got like two skins in 1 year.
well that was before my time so no clue about that. imo most kat skins are kind of bad but then again she doesn't have a very interesting theme or kit/vfx to do something fun with

i also think that kat being really popular and being one of the faces of league (she's been in like a ton of trailers and posters and stuff) may be why she gets so many themed skins (like halloween, xmas and chinese -sorry for being so ignorant- thing).

she's just like teemo

I think the critcism with these two getting a skin is that both Katarina and Nidalee are hella obnoxious. It might be my own personal experience though, when I first started there was a Kat or Nid in every game... zzzz.

Nini guys!
well yeah but i'm not mad at the guys making skins for that, i'm mad at balance/reworks teams :p

Blizzard

Banned
i mean if you've isolated your equipment, then it has to be something beyond your control at this point

i'd get on your isp's ass or run a tracert like i said earlier
I've already spent an hour or so of hold / phone support time in the last two days, and had technician visits in the past. I guess I'll have to schedule another one and see if they have any ideas.

As I mentioned, tracert simply does not work since I literally cannot get anything outside the modem at the times when signal is down. Sorry for the off-topic. It AFFECTS League for me. ;_;

garath

I've already spent an hour or so of hold / phone support time in the last two days, and had technician visits in the past. I guess I'll have to schedule another one and see if they have any ideas.

As I mentioned, tracert simply does not work since I literally cannot get anything outside the modem at the times when signal is down. Sorry for the off-topic. It AFFECTS League for me. ;_;

Sounds like you might have a bad cable run to your house. If you can get into your cable modem's diagnostic menu you can monitor the signal on each channel and determine if it is weak. too weak and it might make the modem reset sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom