• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

So I guess Sirchez is pretty popular here? I was friends with him through out High School, and him, myself and some other friends we knew in real life used to play Dota competitively. This was our clan video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZVduKOijeA which he made Lol (he's also the one who says "I know you want this"). He's Gannon if you don't recognize him, it was 8 years ago now haha. We were one of the top NA teams when Dota first entered the competitive scene, and it eventually became Verge/eMG (although I stopped playing by then).

We all tried to convince him to play Dota 2 when it was first coming out, but I guess he made the right decision. Pretty cool that he's as big as he is, he's a great dude :p

He's awesome! I love his attitude and he seems an overall nice guy. It's one of those "known" people that makes you think "wow, I wish I was his friend" kinda thing lol.

Then again, I also want to be Tyra Banks' friend... (?_?)

drawkcaB

"wtf annie support reported"

Yep. Hell, what, a good third of the common supports started off with the same reaction.

annie is so good though. i remember my laner got a DC at the start. i held off thelane and got fairly fed.

I can't imagine you're telling me with a straight face that you thought Annie Support was a good pick the first time you heard about it.

Brand supp is pretty good, it's really hard to dodge Pillar before you get boots so you keep eating that shit and getting bullied out of lane. He's pretty mediocre once laning is over, though.

He has pretty good a getting roaming picks because the angle's he approaches at makes getting his stun easier, but yeah.

Neol

I can't imagine you're telling me with a straight face that you thought Annie Support was a good pick the first time you heard about it.

I thought it was stupid as well until I saw the terror that was Lucian and Annie botlane.

the freelo was real

bidguy

Banned
So I guess Sirchez is pretty popular here? I was friends with him through out High School, and him, myself and some other friends we knew in real life used to play Dota competitively. This was our clan video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZVduKOijeA which he made Lol (he's also the one who says "I know you want this"). He's Gannon if you don't recognize him, it was 8 years ago now haha. We were one of the top NA teams when Dota first entered the competitive scene, and it eventually became Verge/eMG (although I stopped playing by then).

We all tried to convince him to play Dota 2 when it was first coming out, but I guess he made the right decision. Pretty cool that he's as big as he is, he's a great dude :p

yea i like watching his streams the most

i started playing nasus because of his videos

iosefe

image.php

CC and DMG bruh

(no it took me a bit of time. like a day)

zkylon

zkylewd

NO

I agree and I cringe any time someone says "I'll play support" and then picks her because I know they're just gonna build AP items and charge lazers.
i mean if you're going to play lux support, it's like a much shittier zyra, you might as well build all ap

I blame Zkylon.
but but but you said my bindings were good T_T

Yeah, I just saw it mentioned as such on the free characters when picking before a match, and just thought, "Okay!" A bit misleading how she was labelled for someone who is new to the game. XD
yeah, the tags are a bit confusing

basically lux is a "mage support" in that her spells have a ton of utility because they provide shields, vision and crowd control. very similar to how orianna's a mage support.

but lux's primary role is definitely mage as she deals a ton of burst and aoe damage, you don't want her as support since she's not that useful without gold, and since supports are almost always somewhat gold-starved in comparison to solo laners she's just much better in her right place in the mid lane. also since she's a pretty decent roamer that can do a lot of annoying things with her ult, she's better off mid where she can easily go killsteal top or bot or just annoy the fuck out of the enemy jungler while he's doing red lol

drawkcaB

I just can't buy a fucking win. Had one my best ever Braum games (0/1/23, won bot lane handily which spun off cait to 20/4/xx), doesn't matter. Once again, as was the case in every fucking match I played since last night, my jungler was useless dead weight. 3/16/19 Elise with fucking Zz'Rot and Mikael's. I don't know how you miss that many fucking cocoons. Every single goddam time I'm a game or two away from having a 50/50 record matchmaking hands me a bunch of fucking suicidal idiots and I lose 7-8 in a row. Every. Fucking. Time.

I feel forced to go back to jungling just so I can dramatically increase the odds that he won't be a fucking tool. Not playing support for the next few days, I know that much.

i feel the same except that whenever i win bot lane my adc decides that he has a randuins omen instead of an infinity edge and frontlines the entire game.

Nekofrog

Banned
i had a bad set of games last night until i went back to what works. jungle pantheon. gank for my top lane mundo twice in 6 minutes, let him kill the nasus twice and he's set for life.

do the same for my midlane except take the kills there because who cares about TF, let him get his own kills with his own ult ganks

neko between febiven and yellowstar i got 120 points i can literally beat everyone else's fantasy team right now with just those two guys as my team.

drawkcaB

i had a bad set of games last night until i went back to what works. jungle pantheon. gank for my top lane mundo twice in 6 minutes, let him kill the nasus twice and he's set for life.

do the same for my midlane except take the kills there because who cares about TF, let him get his own kills with his own ult ganks

That's a big part of my frustration. I'm actually playing champs I'm pretty solid with at support. Just gonna practice some Top or even ADC if the role former is too busy tonight.

zkylon

zkylewd
this is what i would do so her face's more centered (also sharpened it a bit and cleaned up some bg details)

ibb5cZYQmP5cVs.png

lose a bit of hair but i don't mind

edit: uploaded overshapened version... whoops

Normally I never complain about this sort of thing because I recognize that more often than not, I'm one of the weakest people on my team. This, however, was really frustrating.

2-6 in my placements so far. Probably gonna be bronze at this rate.

Nekofrog

Banned
Ended season 3 silver 2.
Placed Gold 3 or 4 (i dont remember) in season 4 going 9-1.
Ended season 4 as plat 5

am currently 3-4 in promos. dat silva life inc

Arthrus

Ended season 3 silver 2.
Placed Gold 3 or 4 (i dont remember) in season 4 going 9-1.
Ended season 4 as plat 5

am currently 3-4 in promos. dat silva life inc

It happened to me, and it'll happen to you!
Plat 5 to Silver 2. The game I knew is just chaos now.

You guys were plat, you're already dealing with Silver bullshit
this is what i would do so her face's more centered (also sharpened it a bit and cleaned up some bg details)

ibb5cZYQmP5cVs.png

lose a bit of hair but i don't mind

edit: uploaded overshapened version... whoops
Losing the part of the Fiora hairdo and the flower is no bueno

zkylon

zkylewd
Here: (quote to see)

ty

i tried doing this last season but ended up being too lazy to

in general i was really lazy about ranked last season, and probably will be this one

i think i've gotten to a point where improving doesn't really matter to me anymore

i just liked the colors u used and figured it would be fun for the 2/3 games it lasts

what's "cambio" mean tho? like a champion swap?

ty

i tried doing this last season but ended up being too lazy to

in general i was really lazy about ranked last season, and probably will be this one

i think i've gotten to a point where improving doesn't really matter to me anymore

i just liked the colors u used and figured it would be fun for the 2/3 games it lasts

what's "cambio" mean tho? like a champion swap?

Just give it a try.

LP gains and losses.

I still hate the idea of Annie Support. She doesn't have much non damage utility that benefits a team. I guess because I don't itemize damage on a support that's why I don't like supports who only do damage, because to me that's not what a support is about.

zkylon

zkylewd
I still hate the idea of Annie Support. She doesn't have much non damage utility that benefits a team. I guess because I don't itemize damage on a support that's why I don't like supports who only do damage, because to me that's not what a support is about.

i appreciate the variety

i mean if you think about it it's not much different from say leona who actually deals similar-ish damage with her passive, just that the carries get the credit.

personally i liked playing annie mid already, so playing her as support is fun too

drawkcaB

The one time I tried it I found Annie support to be kinda boring. Not a very dynamic champion to me. I do get why people would like player her though. Bursting down someone is terrifically satisfying. I found the lows between those moments really low.

Do win streaks during placements hold any weight? I'm 5-3 atm after winning 3 in a row today. Going for 7-3, but worst case scenario is that I end up going 5-5. Hopefully that's good enough for Gold V. (was GV last season)

i appreciate the variety

i mean if you think about it it's not much different from say leona who actually deals similar-ish damage with her passive, just that the carries get the credit.

personally i liked playing annie mid already, so playing her as support is fun too

Leona has a stun that comes off cooldown a lot more often, a passive that provides damage boosts to teammates and an ult that provides a slow. Plus her E gives her a gap closer of sorts.

Annie has a stun that requires charging, a personal shield, and three nukes. If the shield could be put on teammates, or if Tibbers was actually more useful than as a nuke she might almost be a decent support. Right now she's just an underfarmed AP carry when played as support.

Neol

So I just tried Zz'portal with Rek'sai.
The idea is to leave the voidspawn pushing while I move to other lanes with my ult.

I'm not so sure if it's a great item.
What do you guys think about the Zz'Rot Portal?

Its very situational.

The only time I see it viable is if your a tanky top laner who needs more split pushing presence/power. But even then I wouldn't rush it as an early item.

zkylon

zkylewd
Leona has a stun that comes off cooldown a lot more often, a passive that provides damage boosts to teammates and an ult that provides a slow. Plus her E gives her a gap closer of sorts.

Annie has a stun that requires charging, a personal shield, and three nukes. If the shield could be put on teammates, or if Tibbers was actually more useful than as a nuke she might almost be a decent support. Right now she's just an underfarmed AP carry when played as support.

i don't see really what's so different, leona and annie both have reliable stuns that are way better offensively than defensively and you don't pick either for peel or for utility or shields or buffs or anything else, you pick them for hard engage. annie's just more damage oriented while leona's more cc oriented, but they're both pretty low on the utility front

I hope I did Newt proud. Got an amazing kill on a mid-flight Lee Sin with my Boomerang Blade. Blitz was awesome, J4 was awesome, Rumble was awesome and Ori was very confusing in what she was doing ... but I will be damned if all she was doing didn't work out great.

2-4 in placements after a really rough day. I'm taking a break for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom