• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

06f6e470d6c72ddf374c15bdeec5ab20.jpg

343f9e1fb0cc8e41126bf8972434806c.png

NEVER

GIVE

UP

Had a game just like this today. Team wanted to surrender like 5 times and we eventually won. It's like the slightest things that make people want to quit.

Hero

Anyone else getting a lot of connection errors when trying to login in to League? I have try to multiple times to log in.

Sofo

Had a game just like this today. Team wanted to surrender like 5 times and we eventually won. It's like the slightest things that make people want to quit.

I feel in normals that's not so bad. Sometimes you want to just have a do-over and work on your mistakes while they are fresh.

In ranked, I think surrendering is just silly. I mean it's not like we are playing versus players much more skilled than us, and throws do happen. ;o

Bacon

I feel in normals that's not so bad. Sometimes you want to just have a do-over and work on your mistakes while they are fresh.

In ranked, I think surrendering is just silly. I mean it's not like we are playing versus players much more skilled than us, and throws do happen. ;o

I know what you mean. In normals if someone dc's or the game is on tilt I want to surrender as soon as possible because it's basically a waste of time for everyone to keep playing.

In ranked there is no reason to give up, especially when the majority of people are still in promos.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just supported a draven in ranked that said he was bronze v last season. We got dumpstered in lane by a gold ii corki and janna.

The system works! Every game so far has been a landslide.

Bacon

Morg is straight up carrying my scrub ass through these promos. Love this champion. Seems she's just out of reach of the 6 bans most of the time now too!

Anyone else getting a lot of connection errors when trying to login in to League? I have try to multiple times to log in.
I've been getting this too. I have to try multiple times to get through. Sometimes I run the launcher as an administrator, but I doubt that works any better since I also have problems when I do that as well.

Also I figured if I'm Bronze II, I'll just play to improve and not to focus on climbing.

iosefe

I'm at 5-2 in my provisionals atm. I think i've played morg for 4 out of the 5 wins.

Nice!

bronze is a sad sad place.
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1707500036/33986904?tab=overview

the yi says literally nothing in champ select until after reksai is already locked in. reksai agrees to go top and jayce goes bot. Jayce and i had a great laning phase. then i went scrub and die to Velkoz for the rest of the game

but we won fairly hard and they surrendered.

Oh my god.

I just discussed with my jungler (Shaco) for about 6-8 minutes, maybe 10 minutes, in post-game lobby.

I don't know why, I usually don't care what anyone saids since I don't know them and it doesn't really matter.

I guess I'm always bothered when people makes assumptions, even in real life. It was easy a 200+ lines discussion.

At the end Shaco apologized and asked me if he could add me to his friend list.

lol.

ps: Please, don't make assumptions.

Sofo

Oh my god.

I just discussed with my jungler (Shaco) for about 6-8 minutes, maybe 10 minutes, in post-game lobby.

I don't know why, I usually don't care what anyone saids since I don't know them and it doesn't really matter.

I guess I'm always bothered when people makes assumptions, even in real life. It was easy a 200+ lines discussion.

At the end Shaco apologized and asked me if he could add me to his friend list.

lol.

ps: Please, don't make assumptions.

Spill the tea, I want the drama!

I really don't get how I've been paired with these baddies.

Just had a premade bot (shudder) Leo/Jinx who didn't know their elbow from their arse and a Teemo top who rushed Runaan's.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Unlocked Morgana in my newbie adventures in this game. She's pretty fun. It's taking some practice to get used to landing her root. I pretty much have to wait until someone is out of position or try and wrap around and hit them from the side in order to land it. A lot of times, folks seem to just hide among their minions, at which point I can't use the thing for fear of hitting a minion instead.

Any tips for dealing with Leona as support? She seems to like singling me out and stun locking whenever possible, or making the adc and I commit to defending one person, then she goes after the other. Is it more a waiting game with her? Get her do make the first move, then go after her while her abilities are on cooldown?

Anyway, fun times so far. Still sitting on the fence about who I want to unlock next, but so far Janna and Morgana have been enjoyable. =)

Leezard

Unlocked Morgana in my newbie adventures in this game. She's pretty fun. It's taking some practice to get used to landing her root. I pretty much have to wait until someone is out of position or try and wrap around and hit them from the side in order to land it. A lot of times, folks seem to just hide among their minions, at which point I can't use the thing for fear of hitting a minion instead.

Any tips for dealing with Leona as support? She seems to like singling me out and stun locking whenever possible, or making the adc and I commit to defending one person, then she goes after the other. Is it more a waiting game with her? Get her do make the first move, then go after her while her abilities are on cooldown?

Anyway, fun times so far. Still sitting on the fence about who I want to unlock next, but so far Janna and Morgana have been enjoyable. =)

Typically, you want to deny her E-Q combo in lane. Janna can cancel Leona's E with a well-placed Q (tornado), which makes it difficult for Leona to follow it up.

Morgana can avoid all cc from Leona with the help of her E. Typically you want to place the E once Leona has chosen a target, which makes it so her E-Q does not cc anything. You can also deny her the stun from her ult with Morgana's E.

Both Morgana and Janna are decent against Leona, actually. It's mostly a question of practice, timing and reaction speed so you can either deny the cc with Morgana or cancel Leona's E with Janna.

Once Leona's E or Q is on cooldown, you can typically ignore her and deal with her adc or just return damage on Leona if you cannot hit the adc.

Bacon

5-2 so far, these placements are going super smoothly. Getting to a MMR where people actually want to and know how to support is fantastic.

It's worrying how positive my experience with promos has been so far. I'm 7-2 and haven't had any flamers, afkers, idiots, etc. everyone has been working together really well and it's just been a great series. I feel like it's going to have to catch up to me at some point.

It's worrying how positive my experience with promos has been so far. I'm 7-2 and haven't had any flamers, afkers, idiots, etc. everyone has been working together really well and it's just been a great series. I feel like it's going to have to catch up to me at some point.
Both my losses were due to teammate shenanigans, but my victories were due to awesome teammates coupled with me playing well.

Hopefully I can keep playing like this once my placements are done. Having a lot of fun doing these regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom