• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

NA LCS - Week 1 - Day 2

t1422216000z1.png

Team Dignitas vs Team Impulse
Team Coast vs Winterfox
Team Liquid vs Counter Logic Gaming
Cloud 9 vs Gravity
Team 8 vs Team SoloMid

Please use the LCS Thread for further discussion. Let's keep this thread spoiler free.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
EUW is unplayable right now.

edit: 50 enemy minions pushing to our base because the tower damage doesn't register fast enough to kill one before they take it down

bidguy

Banned
ok i just played my first non placement ranked and got 22 lp

what determines how much lp i get ? if i get more than i lose that means i only need to win <50% of my games to climb, alllthough slowly

and can i lose more than i get ?

ok i just played my first non placement ranked and got 22 lp

what determines how much lp i get ? if i get more than i lose that means i only need to win <50% of my games to climb, alllthough slowly

and can i lose more than i get ?

If the system thinks you are better then where you are, you will gain more than you lose. If the system thinks otherwise, you can lose more lp for a loss than you will gain for a win.

Type2

I should try and find a duo partner on here now that I'm playing more ranked. Still working through my placements and mainly playing jungle. I'm pretty good at support and a one trick pony top laner.

fuckxerathcruiz.png

Hooooooly shit fuck this match. Trying to end this fucking game with Xerath effortlessly stalling took a few years out of my life. Only reason I'm still not playing this goddamn stalemate is because Xerath fucked up and got caught by me, holy fuckamole Riot get to breaking this thing's legs.

iosefe

I think I'm in love with Sivir. Nothing more satisfying then spellshielding a perfectly placed ability.

i was once in lane farming. i was in range of thresh to hook me. he sends it out and literally as it's about to hit me, i shield. and then in all that he goes, "Oh."

good times

DeadNames

Banned
fuckxerathcruiz.png

Hooooooly shit fuck this match. Trying to end this fucking game with Xerath effortlessly stalling took a few years out of my life. Only reason I'm still not playing this goddamn stalemate is because Xerath fucked up and got caught by me, holy fuckamole Riot get to breaking this thing's legs.

Agreed. Mages are dumb.

Any Bronze people who want to duo, just let me know. I don't think I'm terrible, but I'm in Bronze, so I probably am, haha. I don't mind soloing, but just letting anyone know if they want a partner. :D

Fracas

#fuckonami
So after a few bronze III ranked games, I realized that this isn't really bronze iii. It's just other players in the same spot as me (middle silver placed below where we finished last season).

Man, I wanted to dong. Now I'm just climbing like I was last season but with a lot higher to go.

Blizzard

Banned
i still have 1 player left in my fantasy lcs to play and i'm only 3 points away from rekking ghost
You jinxed us by making fun of Newt's score. They have 3 scores left to get, and could be about to beat both of us even though their team only has 6 players for some reason.

Ferga

They really need to nerf Vi's ability to solo drag at level 4/5.

Its so damn stupid. If you dont ward it during the jungler's first clear, you basically lose it.

Type2

Its so damn stupid. If you dont ward it during the jungler's first clear, you basically lose it.
Speaking of have you tried jungle nid lately? Idk if her little pbe buff went through yet but she's pretty fun.

Eh, by that time you should start warding drag anyways. Riot needs to make drag not be such a weak dick early on. Buff that thing so you need your team if you want to do it pre-6, too many junglers - read, more than a couple edge cases - can abuse him.

My personal suggestion would be to play a carry support if support is your main, aka Zyra, or Annie if you're not that confident.

Go support masteries then build full damage (I personally go glass hammer) once you've gotten Sightstone. You won't be focused in team fights until it's too late in the game by which point you'll be out damaging everybody.

This way you've got the damage to make up for the muppits you're paired with but still making sure ward coverage is spot on and dragon control maintained.

Thanks for the advice. I've tried out Support Annie in the last two normal games I played, and loved it. I'm going to try out Zyra in my next match.

Nekofrog

Banned

eh. dragons that early aren't really worth it. you give up time farming and pressuring lanes. yi can do it at level 3 no problem, but it delays his actual jungling.

plus the first dragon is kind of weak that early.

yii3obS.png

checked my op.gg's MMR calc before a game and it was that

won the game and then checked it again after

Q4yTwoH.png

im not sure how accurate this is

Ferga

Whoa, what?

When can she solo it at lvls 4/5? Got a vid?

Just spec one my vi games. I do it almost every game. All you need is one of the jungle items on its first upgrade with 2 or 3 pots depending on runes/masteries.

A long sword is optional but it helps reduce the solo by a few seconds.

23qwerty

eh. dragons that early aren't really worth it. you give up time farming and pressuring lanes. yi can do it at level 3 no problem, but it delays his actual jungling.

plus the first dragon is kind of weak that early.

yii3obS.png

checked my op.gg's MMR calc before a game and it was that

won the game and then checked it again after

Q4yTwoH.png

im not sure how accurate this is

This early in the season isn't a good gauge for that... plus your MMR swings are going to be so much larger this early in the season.

Just spec one my vi games. I do it almost every game. All you need is one of the jungle items on its first upgrade with 2 or 3 pots depending on runes/masteries.

A long sword is optional but it helps reduce the solo by a few seconds.

How long does it take? I can't imagine it being quick enough to be worth not ganking a lane or two...

Ferga

Speaking of have you tried jungle nid lately? Idk if her little pbe buff went through yet but she's pretty fun.

I really fear jungle nid. Ive been watching challenger and master players perform incredibly well with it in the preseason. Its pretty much a deadlier shaco who can teamfight.

I hope solo q players dont pick her up. Shes going to ruin solo queue. Its one of those feed or get fed junglers like rengar.

From what ive seen, it takes way too much work to go against a good jungle nid player.

And vi's solo drag takes 10-15 seconds depending on whether you have blue or red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom