• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

There are a couple of different reasons that may explain the meaning: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit#History

In his initial scale (which is not the final Fahrenheit scale), the zero point is determined by placing the thermometer in brine: he used a mixture of ice, water, and ammonium chloride, a salt, at a 1:1:1 ratio. This is a frigorific mixture which stabilizes its temperature automatically: that stable temperature was defined as 0 °F (−17.78 °C).

Holy shit. So it actually is, in practical terms, random.

Sofo

well like

i don't live there

For some reason your answer amused me a lot because I imagined Ahri being sassy saying it. lol.

I prefer the cold to warmth (I guess it's something good, seeing as I moved from Spain to Norway) but I always have really cold feet, even with woolen socks. ._.

V_Arnold

Penny Arcade did this a while ago (a week maybe?).
Did not see it posted here:

i-W7J3cTL-1050x10000.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
ijfoSp5ECoxa5.png

i was on a borrowed computer on like a very tiny monitor and so it was really hard for me to last hit but i kept getting harassed to buy liandry's and morello's by the sion and the cait

imo buying liandry's as like early item is a terrible idea, 2% health every like 3s is pitiful and it's not like lulu's got like that 4s liandry's proc like ori or syndra

and morellos is like even more stupid. like serious they want me to build an item to stop chogath's passive? wtf

i was just like "i'll get loads of ap and max cdr and just play utility for cait"

am i crazy or are these people really stupid lol

For some reason your answer amused me a lot because I imagined Ahri being sassy saying it. lol.
<3

Leezard

You're right about liandries, but don't get it on ori or syndra either.

Morello is a good item even if you disregard the heal reduction. Athenes is also ok though.

Sofo

Just had 3 consecutive defeats in Normals. First two we won the first levels with my Nami poking and enemy bot lane acting like morons, and us completely zoning out the Vayne, only to have Azir and Nidalee roam bot which got Azir a bunch of kills and he snowballed from there (he was Plat but I think it was more Azir being Azir, because he would travel to us and never punished because well, he had the damage for it).

Last game I was Tristana and we won lane hard versus Lucian and Olaf (???). It would have been a hard lane if I hadn't had a Soraka by me, those heals made some trades that would have been lost, an easy win. Problem was the Plat Yasuo on steroids that plays Yasuo on ranked that completely anihilated us. I kept getting Wind Walled to the face and just sucking. Then of course, all and every single ult was oriented at me, and on top of that, Nidalee was splitpushing with that stupid ass Zz'Rot Portal thing. We never had Dragon control due to warding/bad timings (as in when we could have done, people were top and so..).

Xy8cwde.png

Also I suck because I built a Last Whisper when nobody had armor, instead of idk, a Randuin's I guess? Idk what I could have itemized with, versus Yasuo. I mean I am fine and not on tilt but sometimes I just want to pull my hair out.

Pd. Fuck Nidalee jungle, seen it twice today and that shit is super annoying. Not to mention magical invisible spears! Yeah fuck off with that.

Jeff-DSA

I'm going to start my placements tonight. I can't wait to return to that silver struggle life. :\

I might stream/record them and for each loss I can share them for your collective criticism and belittling. I'm going to try hard to win all my matches, but I'm actually feeling pretty casual about where I end. Trying to just stay cool and have fun with the placements. I figure that I should be back to where I belong in not too long.

I'll miss you gold 4. For a while.

Sofo

The amount of times I've said that, haha.

lol, the worst part is I didn't feel half as bad losing the other two games (where they almost stomped on us, and eventually did so) but this one I had survived the cheese at bot lane, I saw the light at the end!

But yeah, I just need to sleep on this.

Nini guys! GL in rankeds while I sleep.

Holy shit. So it actually is, in practical terms, random.

This sums up everything almost perfectly. Except time makes more sense like this: Year / Month / Day, in a rational way.
Or...

I lost my promos again.

On my way to promos, again. The third is the charm, isn't it?

This reminds me of how my physics teacher always said how retarted our calendar was.
1 second.
1 minute = 60 seconds, wtf? (1=60)
Yet 1/1000 second = 1 millisecond. (1 ms = 1/1000 s)
1 hour = 60 minutes, wtf? (1=60)
1 day = 24 hours? (1=24)
Months with 30,31, 28 or 29 days?
1 year = 365 days?
Leap seconds?
Leap year?

This is like something Riot would go crazy about, so much inconsistency, no clarity.

23qwerty

I'm going to start my placements tonight. I can't wait to return to that silver struggle life. :\

I might stream/record them and for each loss I can share them for your collective criticism and belittling. I'm going to try hard to win all my matches, but I'm actually feeling pretty casual about where I end. Trying to just stay cool and have fun with the placements. I figure that I should be back to where I belong in not too long.

I'll miss you gold 4. For a while.

If it helps, I stayed in Gold 4 after going 7-3.

Jeff-DSA

This reminds me of how my physics teacher always said how retarted our calendar was.
1 second.
1 minute = 60 seconds, wtf?
Yet 1/1000 second = 1 millisecond.
1 hour = 60 minutes, wtf?
1 day = 24 hours?
Months with 30,31, 28 or 29 days?

This is like something Riot would go crazy about, so much inconsistency, no clarity.

Well, we didn't really define 24 hours as a day as much as the earth and sun did that for us. Hours and minutes make sense too within that construct.

Well, we didn't really define 24 hours as a day as much as the earth and sun did that for us. Hours and minutes make sense too within that construct.

Partially.

As far as I remember. 1 hour doesn't have any intrinsic meaning. It's just 1/24 of a day, or 60 minutes. It doesn't have any physical meaning as far as I know. Not even the second had any true meaning until recently, when it was given a value (atomic something something).

There have been some attemps to change the calendar, like for example:
World Calendar
World Season Calendar

And I think France tried a new calendar for a while but Napoleon didn't like it.

I guess we are just used to this system, like we are used to a decimal system, which isn't the best, but it is easier to understand for us since we do have 10 fingers... or 20 if you count the feet, but then we would go all Mayan, with their vigesimal system. (base-twenty)

So much inconsistency.

drawkcaB

Not really. The rotations of the earth didn't require the partition of days into 24 pieces. A day could just as easily have been broken into any other number of parts. "We" (specifically early Near East Civilizations) very much decided on the divisions of time as as a result of how we understood early mathematics and interpreted the natural world, more often than not through a religious lens.

(Fun fact, fixed hours in Europe weren't a concept until the late middle ages)

garath

So I tried nidalee jungle. That was pretty rough. I did a diamondprox style ap runepage and I think that was initially a mistake. I couldn't clear for anything. The damn raptors executed me on first clear. It didn't help that my nidalee mechanics were rough too. But as the game went on I got stronger and stronger. I wish bruiser nidalee was more viable then I could really see this working. Ap nidalee isn't so hot in the jungle. I think its worth another stab but I'm not immediately singing its praises.

Strangely enough though, it was a win and I had a lot to do with it. First one in a bit.

V_Arnold

So I tried nidalee jungle. That was pretty rough. I did a diamondprox style ap runepage and I think that was initially a mistake. I couldn't clear for anything. The damn raptors executed me on first clear. It didn't help that my nidalee mechanics were rough too. But as the game went on I got stronger and stronger. I wish bruiser nidalee was more viable then I could really see this working. Ap nidalee isn't so hot in the jungle. I think its worth another stab but I'm not immediately singing its praises.

Strangely enough though, it was a win and I had a lot to do with it. First one in a bit.

I had easy time with AP Nid in the jungle....
But no point touching raptors until first back. You need their buff anyway.
Start golems->blue->wolves->red-> home, and then it is just funsies.

I havent tried AD nid in the jungle yet, however. Did you build the +45 ad enchantment?

garath

I had easy time with AP Nid in the jungle....
But no point touching raptors until first back. You need their buff anyway.
Start golems->blue->wolves->red-> home, and then it is just funsies.

I havent tried AD nid in the jungle yet, however. Did you build the +45 ad enchantment?

I tried AP.

I went skirmishers (lol), magus, sightstone, frozen fist, then defensive (locket, banshees).

Maybe I should have just started blue side. What runes did you run?

And yeah ghost, my early nidalee mechanics were rough. By the end of the match I was back to form though. I'll definitely try again. Good thing my team was good natured about it.

DeadNames

Banned
DeadNames, i gotta know...

What's your beef with Yen Sid?

?

Also I just noticed. Why do all champs that stack mana have really unfun laning patterns? Jayce, Yorick, Singed, Ryze, etc.

Oh I just hate mages.

Edit: honestly what the fuck is up with this packet loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom