• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofo

nope, splashes stay the same cos rito is slow as f

Boh. Rito pls.

Btw, just tried Kalista again vs bots (free this week rotato) because I wanted to see how Hurricane felt on her (really good btw, along with Bork) but her passive/AA kiting feels weird? Before iti had that little arrow and now I basically did the same as ADCs except I had to wait for her to finish and time it right, instead of it being "queued"?

Did I do something wrong? Maybe Newterino can help. Where is that maple syrup when you need to summon him?

Tizoc

you are blessed. have a comic.

PM20Umm.png

I feel like I understand the reference in the last 2 bubbles...

Ashhong

Sigh I grinded some bot games after coming home from work to get that rune page sale, and ended up with 6298 Ip. Fuck me. My fault for accidentally choosing beginner bots for one of the games. Only got like 20 IP for that. Ughhhhhh

Newt

Boh. Rito pls.

Btw, just tried Kalista again vs bots (free this week rotato) because I wanted to see how Hurricane felt on her (really good btw, along with Bork) but her passive/AA kiting feels weird? Before iti had that little arrow and now I basically did the same as ADCs except I had to wait for her to finish and time it right, instead of it being "queued"?

Did I do something wrong? Maybe Newterino can help. Where is that maple syrup when you need to summon him?
I don't know. There's no real secret to kiting with her. Just auto and mouse back.

A plat leona lost to me in a normal draft in an annie and garen botlane, so she proceeded to message me to tell me how bad i am and that i deserve to be in bronze, and how she deserves to be in plat.

the salt was real

Sofo

A plat leona lost to me in a normal draft in an annie and garen botlane, so she proceeded to message me to tell me how bad i am and that i deserve to be in bronze, and how she deserves to be in plat.

the salt was real

You should have linked that Leona your avatar (I don't know the context of your avatar though).

Leezard

the salt was real
It's so fun to receive those messages. It's a good receipt on that you're doing something right.

You should have linked that Leona your avatar (I don't know the context of your avatar though).

I should have, but she removed me from friends before I even had the chance to respond. She was salty as hell in the postgame lobby simply just because she lost.

It's so fun to receive those messages. It's a good receipt on that you're doing something right.

Thanks! I'm finding Annie support to be the most fun I've had in a while.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have a dream that I will not lose matches by crazy throws.

i'm 12-19 in ranked god help me

seriously, can someone watch some of my games and see what i'm doing wrong mechanically?

Tizoc

In a nutshell, what's been nerfed on Fizz? I read the descriptions on Surrender @ 20, and it seems they mainly nerfed his auto attack buff?

In a nutshell, what's been nerfed on Fizz? I read the descriptions on Surrender @ 20, and it seems they mainly nerfed his auto attack buff?
Gutted the damage on Q and the passive on hit damage on W, increased the active DoT damage on W, removed Grievous Wounds, added a debuff on his ult that amps his damage to targets hit by it.

Starting playing some LoL yesterday due to 3 friends getting into it, was always skeptical as I skipped LoL and only got into this style of game when Dota 2 came out. Sunk around 1500 hours into that over a year and a half but stopped playing about 6 months ago for various reasons.

Must admit, I am having a pretty damn good time. Lost my first two pvp games but then today have won the next 3. Just played a really nice game with Ashe. Well, I thought it was nice for my 5th game in anyway. Hell of a lot to learn again, but at least coming from Dota I have a pretty good idea on how to not die etc.

EDIT: Didnt plan to spend any money but am wondering if it's worth gettnig the beginner/starter bundle. I do like Ashe and also enjoyed Ryse when I played him.

EDIT: Didnt plan to spend any money but am wondering if it's worth gettnig the beginner/starter bundle. I do like Ashe and also enjoyed Ryse when I played him.

I'd just play through it, tbh. You can't play ranked until you hit level 30 anyway and if you stick with free champs you'll get to have a feel for everybody anyway.

Most champions in the old bundles are pretty cheap, you can get them with a few matches. Don't worry too much about spending money early on, just play the free rotation stuff and try things out.

Don't forget to grab the 3 free champions / skins by doing social media shit.

Leezard

Starting playing some LoL yesterday due to 3 friends getting into it, was always skeptical as I skipped LoL and only got into this style of game when Dota 2 came out. Sunk around 1500 hours into that over a year and a half but stopped playing about 6 months ago for various reasons.

Must admit, I am having a pretty damn good time. Lost my first two pvp games but then today have won the next 3. Just played a really nice game with Ashe. Well, I thought it was nice for my 5th game in anyway. Hell of a lot to learn again, but at least coming from Dota I have a pretty good idea on how to not die etc.

Most of the suitable beginner champions like ashe and ryze are cheap in terms of IP, so it's quick to get them whenever you want. Learning which champions you like to play through the free rotation is a good idea.

You can get alistar, garen and Tristana for free by the way, through twitter/facebook/YouTube. Depending on your location, there might be others.

Thanks guys, didn't realise they were only 450ip. Will just buy them.

I am Oceania so can only get Tristana and Garen which i've done.

Hoping Draven makes the free 2 play rotation soon, saw him being played in a youtube video and really liked the look of him but would hate to drop 6300 ip and find I don't like him haha.

bidguy

Banned
Thanks guys, didn't realise they were only 450ip. Will just buy them.

I am Oceania so can only get Tristana and Garen which i've done.

Hoping Draven makes the free 2 play rotation soon, saw him being played in a youtube video and really liked the look of him but would hate to drop 6300 ip and find I don't like him haha.

i thought hes pretty hard to play but im bad at ranged champs so wouldnt know lol

Well, that was exactly what happened. Shaco rekt us. 13-48. I completely zoned Leb. I somehow kept dodging her Ws and Es. I was was always at almost full health/mana while she was half health. I don't know what's up but she kept walking between the lane and the bush. Well moments later Vi unwittingly engaged a 1v2 at the bush near the red river entrance.

I remember one time when I popped her passive while she was near her tower. Moments later Leb and Shaco were killing Vi at her red. I'm really shocked how fast she can move. I really thought Leb was gonna go home.

Their coordination was amazing. I was once ganked by Leb, Shaco Q and Reksai E at the same time.

Leezard

Those red buff invading buttheads!
I got invaded on blue straight after the gromp one game where I accidentally took ap runes on Jarvan. Shaco had red and got there when blue had 100 hp. I was salty the whole game. It was mostly my fault for taking the wrong runes, but still.

In better games where I have the right runes my lanes always fall to shaco ganks :(

jerd

Riot really nailed Sion thematically.

"You can't even scratch me" is probably my favorite line in the game to hear while I'm playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom