• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

No, he‘s strong atm. Learn Sivir/Leona asap.

As you command

uygUkdc.png

Jeff-DSA

Blitz does too much damage for how strong that hook is. Not only does he immobilize you, he lays down a lot of his own damage along with the rest of the team. Either that or his grab is on too short of cooldown given how fast and strong it is. Whatever is going on, he's the worst support to lane against right now.

I think my problem with Sion's ult is that it's super unreliable, has a decently long cooldown, and is massively less powerful than other bruiser ultimates (i.e. J4, Pantheon, Wukong, etc.).

Good point. Sion lacks a non-ultimate gap closer which makes him even easier to kite than other bruisers.

down to 42 LP

the bad team mates return

oh well. i guess I'll try again tomorrow

starting to lose confidence now though. Like I won my lane so hard again but mid was 1/8 and top was 3/8 :/

Well there it is, CLG Zion is official

If Pobelter makes it CLG might stop being a joke after all, even with Doublelift still on the starter roster

Nekofrog

Banned
not if they stick with the "sacrifice all else for doublelift" strat

how many toplaners have they gone through now with that dumb strat?

Skux

Saw the reveal for Overwatch and a few things looked familiar...

Not accusing anyone of being a ripoff, LoL is just as guilty of using these tropes and takes huge influence from pop culture and mythology as well. But it's interesting to see such similar archetypes.

Outlaw/Cowboy archetype
Unnamed character from wallpaper / Graves

Angel-like healer
Mercy / Kayle

Sexy female sniper
Widowmaker / Caitlin

Asian-inspired mystic fighter who talks like he's quoting Confucius
Zenyatta / Lee Sin + Master Yi's multi-eye helmet

Stoic Japanese samurai character with hair tied back
Hanzo / Yasuo

Agile scout with attitude and short range teleport
Tracer / Ezreal

South Asian inspired female character
Symmetra / Karma
(note the similarity of Symmetra to "Sumatra", an Indonesian island)

Mechanised winged anime-inspired female trooper
Pharah (no near match in LoL)

Badass darkness-themed dual pistol wielder
Reaper / Lucian + Nocturne + Sith lord

Intelligent simian with a rage mode
Winston / (no match in LoL, he's closer to Beast from X-Men. But Volibear comes close, he's just a bear, not an ape)

Pint-sized engineer
Torbjorn / Heimerdinger
(not a great match, Torbjorn obviously draws more from the Dwarves in WoW)

Fully robot character
Bastion / Blitzcrank

Giant armoured mace/hammer wielder
Reinhardt / Mordekaiser

Skin matches
Fat but strong dude
Unnamed dude from wallpaper / Vandal skin for Gragas

Cyborg ninja
Unnamed cyborg from wallpaper / Project Yasuo skin

I decided to play one more cos I'm dumb

our Veigar died 17 times

I just don't understand

this does not compute

the enemy team had Zed and Vayne and we lost

why would you pick veigar into zed. how do you die 17 times. I don't get it. Are these people that dumb?

it's insanity

Nekofrog

Banned
can you get into gold after the 10 placement matches ? or possibly higher ?

i placed mid gold after my 10 placement matches at the beginning of this season.

ended s3 as bronze 1, climbed to like silver 2 or 3 in the post/pre season, won 9 placement games and got gold at the start of season 4

Fuzzery

i placed mid gold after my 10 placement matches at the beginning of this season.

ended s3 as bronze 1, climbed to like silver 2 or 3 in the post/pre season, won 9 placement games and got gold at the start of season 4

Your promos were so wack dude, I remember those times

S3 was my first ranked season. Went 7-3 and was placed in Silver II. Ended the season in Silver I.

Went 3-7 in my S4 placement and ended up in SIlver III.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Yes, if you have been winning your games before the placement matches. Your MMR is still tracked while you level up to 30.
I'm pretty sure this is not true. Your normal games have no impact on your ranked games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think he means your normal MMR, which is hidden, is used as a baseline for calibrating your ranked MMR during your placement matches, which is how Dota 2 does it because it's just sensible.

I'd be really surprised if they started everyone at a baseline of Bronze scum.

garath

I think he means your normal MMR, which is hidden, is used as a baseline for calibrating your ranked MMR during your placement matches, which is how Dota 2 does it because it's just sensible.

I'd be really surprised if they started everyone at a baseline of Bronze scum.

Normal MMR has nothing to do with ranked placements. They've confirmed this. Everyone starts at a 1200 elo baseline and goes up or down in placements.

Your previous season MMR does though.

Silver IV to Gold V in 4 days possible?
Totes if your win rate is positive.

You're going to play a LOT though. It'd be easier if you go on winstreaks since you can skip divisions.

If it's relevant, I went from Plat5 to Dia5 in 25 games. Win rate went from 65% to 70% in the process. Skipped Plat4 and Plat2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom