• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

we've given you criticisms in this thread that you have responded to extremely poorly whether through ignorance or stubbornness

Not being an apologist for anything Heavy's done, but don't make yourselves out to be saints. Those criticism came a good helping of condescension

And thank you for stepping in Opiate, enough of this.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I, Lord Newt, leader of the anti-waifu alliance demand capture of this criminal as soon as possible.
ERyBBOI.jpg

damn. my top picks tryndamere into Quinn.

results are as expected. 0/6/0. jungler tried to help him and succeeded only in helping feed quinn some more.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I made mistakes.
damn. my top picks tryndamere into Quinn.

results are as expected. 0/6/0. jungler tried to help him and succeeded only in helping feed quinn some more.
I've seen scenarios like this a decent amount. It's really hard to help Tryndamere out when he gets a poor matchup because he doesn't offer much support to incoming ganks. Once Tryndamere falls behind it's pretty much impossible for him to realize the split push dream. Excessive control oriented comps can support him transitioning into team fights though. The last ranked game I played had a Trynd vs. Teemo top lane and we somehow came back from a 6k gold disadvantage.

Sofo

Gonna do one ranked placement! 6th! I kinda forgot since it was my partner's bday and now I feel kinda rushed ugh D:

On the bright side, Bronze will already register from Ranked 5s right? So I guess I have nothing to fear! ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ

Inc. 0/10/0 as Nami

Sofo

I know! I had actually heard of jungle Fizz but never in action, was more the "np guys I'm smurfing" assertion that made me worry lol.

Anyway! We won. Bot we did just fine and just played on their mistakes. I died once when Fizz came to gank our lane because I played up early and Caitlyn stayed behind, also died 2 more times but it usually net objectives, so that was good (except the last one, where I got ulted by Warwick and such).

M3WB0HO.png

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/1814021640/206655443?tab=builds

Was a really fun game but I felt I could have done more. I stayed mostly bot babysitting Caitlyn (extreeemely passive). I was really looking forward our lane because:

a) Vayne on other lane with no sustain
b) Saw QT mention on stream that a good Nami/Cait lane can be super annoying.

It was fine though. Everyone had a nice attitude (though I am fairly sure if we had continued and ultimately had thrown, it'd be something else). I saved my ult for when Warwick would ult (I guess I did learn from my last ranked!) and saved my Exhaust for Zed. He kept getting wrecked by it, lol.

Overall I feel I got a bit carried by Ahri/Darius. Ahri was playing a bit risky at times but it paid off, and Darius insisted on grouping (we could have ended around minute 26?) and you could tell he was getting upset at Fizz/Ahri trying to make plays.

I feel I warded where was needed and maybe used some pinks not too well. Like I used pink on dragon while we were fighting it, and afterwards came Warwick and took it... which was kinda ugh. I swept and warded their jungle, which helped us take resources from there and starve them some more. Maybe my biggest mistake in this game was not to roam but considering all lanes won (I guess we won but not by much at botlane) not sure how effective roaming would have been.

Sofo

^ That game was a massacre.

Yeah, I'm not even sure if Zed was trolling or whatever or lagging idk. Nobody asked to report him so I guess it was fine? Overall I think their team was really uncoordinated and that helped us rotate more efficiently. I think they lost the game more than we won it.

Did they buff baron a lot for next season? Couldnt solo as Tryn. Tabi, BoRK, Shiv, Vamp, LW and the onhit jungle enchantment with 70onhit damage.

Did they buff baron a lot for next season? Couldnt solo as Tryn. Tabi, BoRK, Shiv, Vamp, LW and the onhit jungle enchantment with 70onhit damage.
He has new attacks and stats I think?
To really level up Barons reward (to go with his shiny new model), we trimmed some of the power that wasn’t really contributing to his purpose, and added that power back in a way that drives home the fact that Baron Nashor is the ultimate stall-smasher.
Yup

Ferga

Ferga, please tell me that your Nautilus top game was super legit. Lie to me if necessary.

I actually really like nautilus top. Played it a few times to great success.

It feels a lot like maokai but with more burst damage and cc

It's just he has a really big down side (completely trash at early levels because his mana costs are high). If Naut gets behind, he never recovers.

I've tried maxing W and E and they both work pretty well depending on matchups.

Jeff-DSA

Is Mid Sona still viable?

She has great poke, but almost no wave clear. She would be under tower the whole time, I'm afraid. I think she's pretty much exclusively a support right now. If somehow you were able to get farm, however, she gets obnoxiously strong and could blow people up from the mid, but I doubt you could really pull it off.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
got compliments on my vayne mechanics. feelsgoodman.jpg

we still lost the game tho

edit: did nothing the next game top lane and got carried by an ashe/annie duo. this game is weird

Leezard

Sona's waveclear is utter trash even with lots of AP and Lich Bane. Nami is still worse though.

It wasn't as bad pre-rework since her cooldowns were lower (6 secs?) so her Q and Power Chords came up more frequently. On top of that, Q itself was stronger instead of its power being split into the on-hit aura.

I'm iffy about taking CDR blues if you're playing mid Sona. She might blow up a bit too fast.

bidguy

Banned
i call mid before B comes into the room, this is normals btw

B proceeds to flame me calls me an idiot and i should learn to read. i told him calmly that he wasnt in the room when i called but he tells me hes gonna screenshot it and send it to riot. apparently im gonna get banned for lane stealing. went bot as yasuo we won but im still pissed as fuck how dense can someone be ?

Tizoc

Note that Swain has decent waveclear with his ult.

Heh yeah early on, true. I might have some defensive/offensive Blues I could use instead.
Thing is Sona's abilities are 8, 10 & 12 sec. cooldown respectively.
Were I to go for Cooldown boots, I could be at 35% cooldown, Q every 5-6 seconds, W every 7-8 seconds and E every 8 seconds.

Eh I'll ponder it for a while, but for the time being I'll keep carrying my team as supp Sona.

V_Arnold

League of Legends should be renamed League of Cognitive Dissonance, though.

Seriously.

This is not the first nor the last time when I SUCK (absolutely suck) with Jinx in the early game. THEN I farm myself up, potentially get some kills, try to build accordingly (in this case, we had a Vlad and an Ahri in the enemy team, so I built a Maw THIRD, after IE, Shiv).

Then ONCE, I get hooked, Morgana starts ranting about me "feeding" (yeah, at that point I am 6/9/7, and we are AHEAD), and then they start talking about "DAT JINX BUILD THOUGH".

What Jinx build? Buying a reactionary MR item that saved my life in the endgame at least twice? Jesus.

And the toxicity follows. I swear if I built "by the book", they would have found something weird about it cause why not. League of Cognitive Dissonance. I want to find a flaw so I find one! SCIENCE!

Oh, and for clarity's sake, we won the game, and *I* destroyed the enemy team in the last teamfight. But I am the feeder, apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom