• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leezard

Personally I think it's a skill match up, if you can bait out his troll pole than you'll have an easier time. Make use of your range, make sure that if he wants to trade he'll have to pole towards you, or at least E, so his damage is heavily reduced.

It is a skill match up that heavily favors Fizz.

It's heavily in the favor of fizz, just like how the Ahri-TF matchup is heavily in the favor of Ahri.

TF is not very good vs assassins or burst mages (aka, mid lane) and in a straight up, even skill matchup, Fizz beats out TF heavily since the burden of the outplay (landing the gold card after troll pole) isn't on him.

Did Fizz have any real counter to him? Seeing a fizz in the jungle and your entire team is cluttered around you is game over, for your team.

Leezard

Did Fizz have any real counter to him? Seeing a fizz in the jungle and your entire team is cluttered around you is game over, for your team.

Beyond what Ghost said, Fizz is generally weak against teams kiting backwards. Fizz has awesome short range mobility but subpar long range mobility.

Jeff-DSA

Personally I think it's a skill match up, if you can bait out his troll pole than you'll have an easier time. Make use of your range, make sure that if he wants to trade he'll have to pole towards you, or at least E, so his damage is heavily reduced.

The problem is that after you've pulled the yellow card, he can stall it out or dodge, and you don't have anything other than you Q of any use. He can just get on top of you and burst you down so quickly or he can get away. He really does whatever he wants in the match up. It takes a lot of jungler pressure to even hang with him in lane after level 3.

Beyond what Ghost said, Fizz is generally weak against teams kiting backwards. Fizz has awesome short range mobility but subpar long range mobility.

Yeah, I'm a fan of using extremely long range champs like Ashe, Kog, and Syndra against him, though I also go with Ahri a lot as well because I'm really comfortable with her. Of course, all the ones I listed first have issues, Ashe can get wrecked since she has no mobility of her own, Kog will get wrecked early unless you play super duper safe (safer than you normally would with AP Kog) though he can survive pretty well after six if you spam his ult to harass, and with Syndra you have to be real careful with your timing for Scatter the Weak and your ult.

Fizz is fucking annoying, nuff said.

The problem is that after you've pulled the yellow card, he can stall it out or dodge, and you don't have anything other than you Q of any use. He can just get on top of you and burst you down so quickly or he can get away. He really does whatever he wants in the match up. It takes a lot of jungler pressure to even hang with him in lane after level 3.

That's why you bait him out by just cycling the cards and moving aggresively.

Pd. Well that makes it 5-5 on placements! Got placed on Silver II, which makes me happy because I can see Gold as being a definite goal in the next season, if I can keep improving as well as expanding to other lanes. :) Thanks for reading.

Congrats on Silver II. As a word of caution, I ended last season in Silver I so I thought Gold would be pretty easy, only to bomb my placements this season and get mired in terrible losing streaks. I was Silver V at one point.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Support is my best role and when I'm not that I tend to lose. I'm getting better at ADC and jungle though.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. Support is my best role and when I'm not that I tend to lose. I'm getting better at ADC and jungle though.

Who knows who's going to be good at jungling next season, though. The changes are pretty crazy. I'm not that great a jungler, so I imagine either I'll take well to the changes or the changes will fuck me over and completely remove any comfort I had in the role.

It does look like Quinn may work well in the new jungle, so I'm happy there. Not sure about Evelynn, my other primary jungle.

V_Arnold

I really hope they change eve. She's in a pretty weird place right now.

The only problem with her is the almost total uselessness around endgame.

HOWEVER! I have a very strong suspicion that with the new Jungle, she will get a natural buff to it all.

a. Invisibility becomes more important when others counterjungle and when you counterjungle
b. True damage elixirs benefit her ad/IAP style VASTLY
c. Dragon's +ap/+Ad bonus benefits her in case you go hybrid route
d. MUCH needed variety in early items that can also help her idle farm if you do not want to gank (but you should, see E)
e. You get a sweeping lens for free if you smite raptors.
I would always smite raptor AND the wolf so you wont get surprised in your own jungle and you can make sure to not be spotted by wards.

While these changes affect all, Eve already has built in mana regen. Mana is only an issue if you stick around in lanes killing non-neutrals anyway.

I am excited for her in the next season, with or without a potential rework.

Sofo

What happens if I don't get to Gold? Does my account just get deleted?

You get piled along with the rest of us Silver scrubs!

Congrats on Silver II. As a word of caution, I ended last season in Silver I so I thought Gold would be pretty easy, only to bomb my placements this season and get mired in terrible losing streaks. I was Silver V at one point.

Yeah, I'm definitely not gonna fall on thinking there's only the way up... in fact that's the reason I didn't do any more rankeds today haha. My problem is not also that I win on support but I have lost too many on it too (5 nonetheless!) so there's definitely some things I need to work on...!

Thanks btw! :) Appreciated.

Negaduck

I want the taric remake to be similar to Vega in that apperiance and looking fly is important but he won't hesitate to hammer a bitch.

Blizzard

Banned
Anyone willing to play some ranked 5v5 today so I can get in a few more points?

We can make a throwaway team.
I would definitely be up for a throwaway team if there's room. How many points do you get from a game? I need 14 for the ward, not sure if that's feasible by tomorrow. *edit* 3 for 5v5 game, 1 for 3v3 game.

Fracas

#fuckonami
If anybody has a ranked team in 5v5 or 3v3 so I can get Gold, that would be rad haha.

Was gonna grind today but I don't have the time.

got hecarim from a mystery gift how is he ?

at least my buddy got his monies worth since hes kinda expensive

I like him top, he's a strong lane bully with a good level 2, and has really good burst once you get TriForce, and you'll have nice utility if you go IBG if you aren't doing so well. You want to build him tanky after late game since his burst sort of shifts into sustained damage. It's weird, but really nice. I like going TriForce-LW-Tank, sometimes BotRK or Manamune as well if I fed early.

You could also try him mid, Keane on Curse Academy apparently loves to play him there, it's a comfort pick. Same build as what I use top, coincidentally.

tm24

0-3 promos! First game had a darius afk after losing first blood. Second game had a Cait playing with 10FPS. Third game had a KOg just stomp. Back down to 49 points. Well, it was a good effort! I climbed up from Bronze 3. Silver 1 sounds good. Next season!

0-3 promos! First game had a darius afk after losing first blood. Second game had a Cait playing with 10FPS. Third game had a KOg just stomp. Back down to 49 points. Well, it was a good effort! I climbed up from Bronze 3. Silver 1 sounds good. Next season!

hard luck friend, you'll get it next season, don't worry :)

tm24

hard luck friend, you'll get it next season, don't worry :)

Yeah, i just really wanted Victorious Morgana, since Morgana and Nami carried me to Silver 1. Finished the year with a 60% win percantage on both. At one point i was considering quitting since i had a 45% win percentage total and then i expanded my champ pool and just got slowly better. So next year ima work more on my champ pool and work on my jungle.

Ima spend the rest of the day playing Fantasy Life before VC drops on Steam

Newt

It's not too late.

tm24

It's not too late.

Ehh, im 3 wins from qualifying and another 3 from getting promoted. That's 4 hours at the minimum that i'd rather spend doing something else other than being a wreck trying to get promoted. I said i was only going to do it once. I'm happy where i ended. FInished above 50%, got better and i'm ready for next season. Plus, Fantasy Life is addicting

at least it wasnt like me where i finished my last game for gold literally when ranks reset.

Nekofrog

Banned
i'm honestly not really liking what i've seen from the changed jungle on PBE (watched a lot of Oddone streaming it).

if it had been a slow and gradual change i'd be okay with it, but the item/smite overhaul mixed in with the jungle changes just makes me never want to go jungle again. to hell with learning that much. learning is for idiots.

i'm honestly not really liking what i've seen from the changed jungle on PBE (watched a lot of Oddone streaming it).

if it had been a slow and gradual change i'd be okay with it, but the item/smite overhaul mixed in with the jungle changes just makes me never want to go jungle again. to hell with learning that much. learning is for idiots.

It's a new season, of course they're going to make sweeping changes. Remember the support changes? Personally I love that they're making such huge changes. Keeps the game interesting.

Nekofrog

Banned
It's a new season, of course they're going to make sweeping changes. Remember the support changes? Personally I love that they're making such huge changes. Keeps the game interesting.

support changes were not on that level.

they introduced 3 new GP10 items, changed the number of wards a champion could place, bingo bango 54321 done sir done

oh and also made taric capable of doing what nasus could only dream of doing (1v5)

this is much larger than that.

tm24

the support changes reignited my love of the game. Hopefully these jungle changes open up the jungle for me

drawkcaB

I wouldn't necessarily bank on whatever OddOne says about it for a while until he gets more used to it. All the videos I've watched so far he saying things that are just wrong. Changes aren't that dramatic once you take a step and look at them as a whole. I suppose the "knowledge ceiling" is higher but the "knowledge floor" isn't that much higher past the first clear. You can still play the S5 jungle the same way as in S4, if you want, and ignore stuff like crab, chicken buff, and wolf wards.

Nekofrog

Banned
I wouldn't necessarily bank on whatever OddOne says about it for a while until he gets more used to it. All the videos I've watched so far he saying things that are just wrong.

based on what i'm seeing, not what he's saying.

i would also like to mention how i don't like how most of the new camps look T_T

I'M OLD LET ME YELL AT MY CLOUD

garath

Yeah. I'm not going to lie. My head hurts just looking at it all.

Jungle is already a management heavy role, now we're adding unique buffs and jungle effects based on where and when we use smite, multiple paths of items built upon multiple paths of items. It's pretty nuts. No other role has that.

support changes were not on that level.

they introduced 3 new GP10 items, changed the number of wards a champion could place, bingo bango 54321 done sir done

oh and also made taric capable of doing what nasus could only dream of doing (1v5)

this is much larger than that.

They also greatly changed utility scalings and tweaked the support champions, and of course added trinkets. All these changes together completely changed how the support role is played. Remember when you would start with a faerie charm and wards on Sona and Nami, and end the game with tier one boots, Mikael's maybe, and a sightstone?

based on what i'm seeing, not what he's saying.

i would also like to mention how i don't like how most of the new camps look T_T

I'M OLD LET ME YELL AT MY Butt

It's moments like these where I really love having Cloud to Butt.

Bacon

The dominant jungle item path for each jungler will be found out quickly by high level players and you'll not have to think very much about it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom