• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Just got forced to play an aram like game in draft.

Walk up to top lane. Minions come. 5 man ganked from the lane bush.

Was not enjoyable. Really shitty thing to do in a draft game. All I wanted to do was play SR.
I feel like people used to do this a lot, or sit 5 people in the bottom lane tribush, or similar. No one would expect a reasonable team to all sit in a bush for first blood, so it can work if they have CC and ignite.

I don't think the intent is for it to be enjoyable for the other team though -- draft is presumably for people who want to be more serious than blind pick, but not as serious as ranked.

Sofo

theyre just mad because not only are they bad at league but theyre bad at dota and counterstrike and starcraft and winning actual wars so they have to take it out on everyone else.

I almost reported them too, but I didn't want to seem salty lol (though I sure was). I just walked it off.

Just got forced to play an aram like game in draft.

Walk up to top lane. Minions come. 5 man ganked from the lane bush.

Was not enjoyable. Really shitty thing to do in a draft game. All I wanted to do was play SR.

The ranked where we stomped them (posted earlier) they started some shit like that. They forced an engage on us at our blue. I just hate most level 1 fights because people make them last longer than they should, plus it just looks like the fucking goonsquad lol.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I don't think the intent is for it to be enjoyable for the other team though -- draft is presumably for people who want to be more serious than blind pick, but not as serious as ranked.

Oh no, Some people will try very hard in normal drafts. They are the ones who don't bother with ranked at all so they take it very seriously. It kinda clashes when you want to practice a role and you don't end up doing well then said tryhard begins to get upset.

I treat normals just like regular old practice games. No point in getting upset since you don't lose anything. Bust out all the crazy strats and amazing heimer top scenarios because, why the heck not?

Nekofrog

Banned
QEzoDVu.png

i tried so hard to live up to ocho's thresh

and for a while it looked like i might, 4/1. but the tower dives were too juicy

grats schmatty

edit: wait gamma was building triforce after IBG

wat

Blizzard

Banned
Ocho is a really fun support if I recall correctly.

WAIT, Schmatt made the ward skin dream just under the wire? Congratulations! :)

Thank you to all the people (like literally 20 people) who helped me get the stupid ward thing today. I finally got it, 30 minutes before closing. Maybe next season I'll actually be ranked. Small steps.

brian!

i only play ai games

oh dang schmatt i got the skin too i dunno how
wait no, I have the season 3 one i think

wait what season are we on

won my last promo to get to S2. took 4 promo tries to get a couple of teams that weren't feeding, but I got there.

The last run was pretty epic.

JPs8mMc.png

Crushed in my 2 ADC games. crushed my lone top game. then carried the fuck out of a truly awful Jinx with Nami to end the evening. Final record was 67-67. I'm sure if I had more time to play I could have climbed higher but...time just isn't there. Was fun wrecking kids tonight.

well obviously im generalizing but support is all about vision control and pretty much every core support build is going to consist of <tier 2 income item, Sightstone, Mobility Boots, Sweeper/Oracle Lens> with Mikaels, Locket, FH, etc etc. It's hard to describe exact item builds on supports because it's always situational.

Sofo

yeah too bad he had to get himself killed by a bunch of Siberian Commandos.

They were probably in alliance with the Ani-Waifu league... what has the world come to!?

Pd. Just tried Viktor (vs bots yadayada) damn, is it me or his damage is pretty good? Super fun to use his E too, now that I grasped how it works. Lichbane on him is a noobtrap? Or is it legit? I didn't build but a person in the game told me next time I should.

Newt

The moment when the enemy has no leader and the fight is won by default. Tis a sad time.

This isn't how it should be.

Neol

They were probably in alliance with the Ani-Waifu league... what has the world come to!?

Pd. Just tried Viktor (vs bots yadayada) damn, is it me or his damage is pretty good? Super fun to use his E too, now that I grasped how it works. Lichbane on him is a noobtrap? Or is it legit? I didn't build but a person in the game told me next time I should.

Reason why lichbane on Viktor is good is that his autoattack after using Q does a crapload of damage which is really good when you go for trades in lane. Maxing Q, rushing sheen then upgrading hexcore Q will usually allow you to win the lane pretty easily.

Of course nothings wrong if you go laser route first instead as it gives you more waveclear and team fight potential early on.

Ferga

Nope nope nope nope nope

Ori is impossible to play on 200ping.

Time to put her back into the vault with cass and karthus

Time to play Morg in normals to show off

Wait, will the preseason patch be 4.20? Kalista in two weeks, perhaps?

yeah, preseason is 4.20. Out next week or the week after.

I think my League client is having a seizure! Trying to get back on but it's taking ages!

no worries dude! mine isn't exactly healthy either.

Thanks for the mystery gift! :)

no worries, thank you for the help :) sorry the skin sucked :L

Bacon

I just realized that even though I won't get the morg skin, most of the people I play with won't get it either.

Suckers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom