• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT8| Goodbye, Promos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems like most but not all are.

I have my Morg skin and my summoner icons, but profile borders aren't active yet.

-----------------

the Rengar Sivir Janna synergy is real

686G7Gq.jpg

speedy speedy cat the dream

also farming on Sivir is fun

Bacon

Has the dev team posted any blogs or anything like that about what the next couple weeks are looking like in respect to summoners rift rollout, preseason patch, etc? I can't find any info at the moment.

Has the dev team posted any blogs or anything like that about what the next couple weeks are looking like in respect to summoners rift rollout, preseason patch, etc? I can't find any info at the moment.

according to this post by Riot Tiza, the SR update will be rolling out to live this week with the preseason patch either next week or the week after, i.e. in time for the offline part of the expansion tournament (beginning on the 12th of December) to be played with the preseason changes.

all preseason stuff will roll out in the same update.

Einbroch

Banned
So apparently the expansion tournament is going to be on the preseason patch. How interesting.

Makes sense. It's new to the tournament setup, so anyone who says "but we trained for this all year" don't have a claim. They want the best teams on what they see season 5 being.

And it's exciting and will draw viewers. It's the first major tournament on the (tentative) season 5 patch.

jerd

These hybridish Nidalee builds are the shit

I think I'm much more proud of my perfect Ascension icon than I am of my Gold icon

Leezard

Makes sense. It's new to the tournament setup, so anyone who says "but we trained for this all year" don't have a claim. They want the best teams on what they see season 5 being.

And it's exciting and will draw viewers. It's the first major tournament on the (tentative) season 5 patch.

Yeah, I think it will be great to watch. Hopefully we have a relatively stable patch so we won't see it on a "league of cleavers"-esque patch.

clemenx

Banned
Is it me or it has to worry Riot that once you're popular enough, streaming becomes way more attractive and lucrative than pro play? I mean, how is LCS going to grow when a lot of the more popular players aren't part of your product?

So I stayed in bronze, did I get at least an Icon or something?

Is it me or it has to worry Riot that once you're popular enough, streaming becomes way more attractive and lucrative than pro play? I mean, how is LCS going to grow when a lot of the more popular players aren't part of your product?

Isnt thats were the big money come from?

About as worrying as KR being tryouts for NA LCS slots. Easier opponents, more money.

jerd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXJVGGA6NOI&feature=youtu.be

They're banning people for this but honestly I think it is closer to how Sion's ult should really function. It seems like it has such limited use on live. Maybe the activation should include a super short range dash instead of just stopping him in place.

Edit: The first and last ones were stupid but the second one wasn't too bad. If you could at least make small adjustments it would be helpful. I just don't know what his purpose is if he misses his ultimate. I've only played him twice tho so idk

Leezard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXJVGGA6NOI&feature=youtu.be

They're banning people for this but honestly I think it is closer to how Sion's ult should really function. It seems like it has such limited use on live. Maybe the activation should include a super short range dash instead of just stopping him in place.

Edit: The first and last ones were stupid but the second one wasn't too bad. If you could at least make small adjustments it would be helpful. I just don't know what his purpose is if he misses his ultimate. I've only played him twice tho so idk

I don't think Sions needs an ultimate that is a strictly better version of Malph ult. His current ult has some risk and reward. Maybe it needs slightly better turnrate, but other than that it is fine.

drawkcaB

I don't think Sions needs an ultimate that is a strictly better version of Malph ult. His current ult has some risk and reward. Maybe it needs slightly better turnrate, but other than that it is fine.

There's a good amount of value in simply being able to scatter the enemy team as well. It doesn't need to connect to make an impact.

If something needs to be added to his ult (I'm not convinced that's the case, for the record) I'd rather they increase the lower and upper limits of the base damage or reduce the delay when the player decides to cancel the ult himself. I think it's a super fun ult to use as-is.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Even if Sion could turn during his ultimate it still wouldn't come close to being as useful as Malphite's.

Dys

Neo Member
Probably random to pop up. Oh well, please don't hate me.

New to GAF but been playing League of Legends the past year! I play on EUW and I got Diamond V in season 4, I main mid and support. (Janna is #1) Hope to get to know some of you guys and if you're on EUW feel free to add my account (Sib Sib) and could play a few games or whatever!

New to GAF but been playing League of Legends the past year! I play on EUW and I got Diamond V in season 4, I main mid and support. (Janna is #1) Hope to get to know some of you guys and if you're on EUW feel free to add my account (Sib Sib) and could play a few games or whatever!

will add you later (Rango Knife Cat)

remember to join the NeoGAF chat room in game! We need more EUW GAF players in the chatroom

Leezard

Welcome, I'll add you as well (Euler).

jerd

The video was a really drastic example but I just don't like Sion's current ult at all. Mostly because the reactivation of the ult feels useless. Its basically just a parking brake

drawkcaB

Well, first time I got completely destroyed by twitch and (gold) morgana.

I could not doing anything about it, asked the jungle for help, he didnt care so this happened.

http://matchhistory.lan.leagueoflegends.com/es/#match-details/LA1/111714198/758194

Your entire team got crushed. Jungler could have babysitted your lane from the start, wouldn't have made a difference. That happens sometimes.

/Insert rant borne from a form of LoL PTSD on how it isn't a jungler's job to recover or win you lane here, or a jungler is just one player and can't be everywhere

generally as a jungler if I see a lane is too far gone, I'll ignore it and focus on other lanes. It's generally better to help the winning lane win harder than to try and salvage a lane that's already fucked.

bidguy

Banned
lol lee sin is quite useless late game unless he got fed or a decent amount of kills

thankfully its quite easy to gank when you come up from behind and kick them into your teammate lol

what to do when youre just tanking ? initiate with R and pray to kick someone into a large group ?

Dys

Neo Member
Just wondering, is anyone missing some rewards? I have the icon but not the skin or border.

Also, my boyfriend is worried he might not get rewards because he had a chat restriction (80 games) and ranked restriction. (32 wins in draft)
Most of my friends on my list have their icon, but he doesn't seem to have anything. Is it unlikely he will receive his rewards? I thought it was just for severe cases or if you end the season on a chat restriction (which he didn't.)

Leezard

Just wondering, is anyone missing some rewards? I have the icon but not the skin or border.

Also, my boyfriend is worried he might not get rewards because he had a chat restriction (80 games) and ranked restriction. (32 wins in draft)
Most of my friends on my list have their icon, but he doesn't seem to have anything. Is it unlikely he will receive his rewards? I thought it was just for severe cases or if you end the season on a chat restriction (which he didn't.)

I haven't received any rewards at all yet. It will take some time to roll out everything.

Thresh is free this week. Time to try him.

http://i.imgur.com/vbjUvt7.png

Terrible laning phase as Ashe and I kept getting hooked and Jinx started to snowball. But when we started grouping I started landing hooks like crazy.

Viktor's like "going afk cuz noct stole blue", then comes mid and gets a quadra.

"can i get blue now"
Nocturne: "ok"

bidguy

Banned
is this championpool acceptable for ranked ? im 27 currently so naturally i should get more by 30

alistar,annie,ashe,cho,fiddle,garen,hecarim,jax,kassadin,katarina,kayle,lee sin,lux,malphite, master yi, nasus, ryze, soraka, tristana, tryndamere, vayne, yasuo, zed

i play top and mid the most and very very rarely bot adc. support almost never

Ocho

is this championpool acceptable for ranked ? im 27 currently so naturally i should get more by 30

alistar,annie,ashe,cho,fiddle,garen,hecarim,jax,kassadin,katarina,kayle,lee sin,lux,malphite, master yi, nasus, ryze, soraka, tristana, tryndamere, vayne, yasuo, zed

Yes.

Dys

Neo Member

Honestly, I would say no it isn't enough. You would also need to have at least one/two champions in every lane that you can play to a certain degree. If you're last pick and you have to bot lane, it's going to really mess up your chances of ranking adequately. I also think diving into ranked as soon as you hit level 30 should be discouraged, especially coupled with the fact you rarely play botlane, because there's never that guarantee you'll get the lane you want.

I'd start by getting champions that are pretty good atm and aren't hard to master, like Janna and Nami. ADC, Caitlyn is a safe option.

Hope that helps!

drawkcaB

but everyone got fucked so what does a jungler do then?

1.) Concentrate you efforts on the lane with the most snowball potential (in this instance it's Viktor)
2.) Ward heavily in order to create picks for the player you're trying to get fed. Getting a sight stone is a good idea. The idea is to use your strongest player to relieve pressure on the other lanes.
3.) Keep you expectations in check, this type of game is a loss 95% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom