• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT9| Stealing Abilities From Inferior MOBAs since 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Is it better to clear the jungle with volibear, or do gromp->blue->red and immediately go back for the chilling smite upgrade?

If people help on gromp I can clear the jungle, but I feel like I don't necessarily benefit much from doing so. I just got crushed in a 5v4 game because no matter where I went, I felt like people were immediately dying where I wasn't. The other team had 3 tanks + Vayne. If I went for Vayne, she would flash and tumble stealth, escaping under a tower, and the tanks would instakill 1 other teammate, finishing off the other 3 if I didn't go back to help...at which point Vayne would come back and kill us.

Vayne and Olaf against a team 48 minutes in with no frozen hearts and only one randuins hurt though. I didn't want to get frozen heart because volibear works well with HP, but I guess that would have been the best option instead of thornmail.

zkylon

zkylewd
i wonder how difficult would it be to make a site to like test champion builds and crap

for some reason none of the sites that had that functionality have updated in like forever

Who is up for some Viktor?
http://www.twitch.tv/korvetru

i'VE SEEN trinity on a few GP's it does work well on him but IMO Statik+Inf. Edge are enough damage on him :p

It just works very well. He needs the mana and extra burst from Sheen and it enables him to stick to anyone in a chase with Phage and an extra Zeal. I like Frozen Heart and either Spirit Visage or Banshees to end out the build.

Also my two games with him I played against Lissandra who he counters very hard and a Sion who I just outfarmed. By the end of lane phase I was 0-0-7 against Sion because I kept ulting bot lane and getting assists in team fights.

jerd

Battlecast Urgot is the top seller in the store right now and it hasn't been on sale recently.. Damn LCS. Makes me scared to play

Battlecast Urgot is the top seller in the store right now and it hasn't been on sale recently.. Damn LCS. Makes me scared to play
Why? It's not like Urgot is overpowered, he's just normal good

Plus he's already on the spotlight, if he ends up getting nerfed might as well ride the wave

jerd

Why? It's not like Urgot is overpowered, he's just normal good

Plus he's already on the spotlight, if he ends up getting nerfed might as well ride the wave

What? He's 96th in win rate right now. I was saying I don't want to play with a bunch of Urgots all day lol

He's rocking a 45.9% win rate for the month I'm not sure I'd call him any kind of good. He just happens to counter a popular pick, but most players won't see it that way.

What? He's 96th in win rate right now. I was saying I don't want to play with a bunch of Urgots all day lol

He's rocking a 45.9% win rate for the month I'm not sure I'd call him any kind of good. He just happens to counter a popular pick, but most players won't see it that way.
Just because he might get slightly popular?

People won't really play Urgot. He wasn't even played when he was top tier, people were like WHY ARE YOU NERFING URGOT when he was nerfed into shit years ago lol

Newt

Aw yeah.
67f8c9e91156d00cd02b14934cf65412.png

Tizoc

Which has better magic pen; Abyssal or Void Staff? Cuz it JUST now occured to me that Abyssal would be decent on Kayle for some Magic Resist.

What was Olde Urgot like?
Much bigger lock on range, bigger W cast range, bigger ult cast range, his Q hurt a fuckton more early since it was based on total AD, a lot less mobility to go around which made landing his W a lot easier.

You'd pair Urgot with someone with point and click CC like Taric and the lane was over. Luckily no one ever played that shit outside of competitive because it was utterly disgusting.

zkylon

zkylewd
Which has better magic pen; Abyssal or Void Staff? Cuz it JUST now occured to me that Abyssal would be decent on Kayle for some Magic Resist.
void staff unless against a team of with squishy top/jungle that builds no mr

dunno about kayle specifically cos i don't play kayle

Sounds like fun and probably countered a whole lot of ADCs.
The only ADC that could handle that was old Corki which was a different flavor of bullshit

Late season 2 bot lane was hilarious in a very bad way. Urgot + Taric, Graves + Soraka, Ezreal a.k.a. Mr duel god with a fucking massive attack speed debuff on W + Sona at her peak and of course who could forget S2 Corki with the fucking true damage crits

Newt

I'm curious, how much penetration is too much?

So would wits end and and full ap be best?
Wits end is never best. The best build is Nasher's, Dcap, Lich, Void.

You only go Wit's end if you want to itemize against an high AP damage team since it's better than Abyssal on Kayle.

I'm curious, how much penetration is too much?

So would wits end and and full ap be best?
I don't know the exact math but Kayle doesn't have % damage so at some point more penetration becomes meaningless if you don't have a ton of AP on top

So yeah, if you want to do a Wit's End build you just get it in place of Runaan's / Lich Bane and get the usual Nashor's / Deathcap / Zhonya's / Void Staff build alongside it.

Hello, LoL-GAF!
I had PAX Jax skin code for all servers. If I used it only on EUW server, is it still can be redeemed on other servers?

Talents

Banned
Hello, LoL-GAF!
I had PAX Jax skin code for all servers. If I used it only on EUW server, is it still can be redeemed on other servers?

I'm pretty sure all codes such as Pax Jax, Championship Riven, Pax Sivir etc have been turned off permanently a while ago. I'm pretty sure none of them are able to be used anymore regardless if they haven't been redeemed.

TomShoe

Banned
676.gif
676.gif
676.gif

This has to be my new favorite emoticon of the forever. I don't what it is that brings out the worst in people. Absolute gold.

Example:

From the chat:

TomShoe: gg
kcameloc: gg
TomShoe: +1s
Anuto: gg
TheMafiaFish: gg
TomShoe: for all
manhnz: gg how my vi lol
Liight1: the bad thing is that i **** on lulu and lucian
Unknownx156: she isnt were talki g
Derpanitor: I used to live by a code...
kcameloc: first game malz
TomShoe: mmmkay jinx
kcameloc: shut up teemo
TomShoe: mmmkay
Liight1: my *****
kcameloc: i get the reference
Liight1: shall we go back to laning phase?
TomShoe: mmkay
Liight1: i was ahead by at least 40-50 cs and 3 kills
Liight1: ***** your ****
TomShoe: laning phase doesn't mean anything if you can't turn it into a tam advantage
TomShoe: You kept getting picked off
TheMafiaFish: well tell that to akali
TomShoe: and started falling behind
Derpanitor: There are some masks you never take off...
TomShoe: before you knew it gg
Liight1: tell that to the mid that was ******* usless the whole game
TomShoe: Sorry but facts are facts :^)
TomShoe: :^)
Liight1: its k bro your **** and my team threw is the only reason you won

So good

zkylon

zkylewd
btw this is how the loading screen will look in 5.7

kinda cool

I still dont have any idea how to use Lissandra, pretty lucky never died against zed and my team carried me to victory
get zhonyas as first/second item

look for flanks

ult carry dump all your spells then zhonyas

then weave in and out of teamfights just throwing out cc and dmg as you get cooldowns

that's usually your job

her laning phase's kind of rough specially now that they nerfed her q, and because most mids outrange her but you don't really play the lane to win it unless jungler decides to gank you

i personally don't like roa at all, so would generally go morellos into zhonyas or abyssal/athenes into zhonyas if against like leblanc or something

but yeah main thing is never shoot the claw like from the front, you need to be a bit sneaky if you want to catch people out of position since claw is so slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom