• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lebron James Ethers Charles Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I just don't see that line. They both have the same intentions, to hit someone below the belt over a potential insecurity.

One is a potential insecurity the other is a life changing problem that could require professional help.There's a line. I'll give you both are low blows, but if Chuck crossed that line he barely put his foot over. Bron did a triple jump.

In any case, chuck wouldnt have said shit if Bron expressed his grievances in private tomthe team and to Gilbert. If Chick did say something in that instance he would't have a leg to stand on. Instead Bron calls the team he created "top heavy" cause he sees the L coming. All after he tries to act like there's no rivalry.

In case anyone is wondering ... I'm not a fan of Barkley at all and think Lebron is one of the best basketball players I've ever seen

BadAss2961

Lebron kinda exposed himself by also throwing in Phil Jackson.
He's very passive aggressive and comes off making Barkley look good.
re: whiny
It's odd that he'd criticize Jackson for not saying a word to him... He's Phil Jackson, arguably the greatest coach ever. You're the man, but still a current player in the league and a young man to Phil. You say hello him, not the other way around.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
He pouts when he doesn't have an edge on the competition. That's what Chuck means when he says that.

He doesn't literally mean that LeBron doesn't want to compete or that he'll rage quit in the middle of the season or something. He's questioning LeBron's competitive will since he gets all whiny about needing help whenever the chips are down.

Is he pouting or is he commenting on his current situation? And who doesn't want help when the chips are down?

What kind world are we living in when a guy gets figuratively stoned to death for wanting help when the chips are down?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
LeBron is right. So is Chuck. LeBron crossed a line and Barkley was pretty much keeping things on the proverbial court of play.

All of this is because of the warriors. This is all because LeBron is shook. He knows he needs to do something to try and fight against the beast that's literally forming in front of everyone's eyes over in the west.

More than that, if LeBron can't stop the warriors right now, this year, a dynasty will be born and LeBron might never win another ring.

BadAss2961

Is he pouting or is he commenting on his current situation? And who doesn't want help when the chips are down?

What kind world are we living in when a guy gets figuratively stoned to death for wanting help when the chips are down?
He's pouting.

Most people are actually defending him, but he deserves to be torn apart because it's not like he's stuck in Orlando or New Orleans or something. He has more help than anyone but Steph Curry, who's not even in his conference. He has an organization that grants all his demands when possible. He has no room to complain. Stop whining and just play basketball. Even Tristan Thompson seems to agree.

mckmas8808

By most do you mean you? I don't know anyone who thinks this way

Have you paid attention to or listened to any sports radio or forum during a labor dispute in sports? We're you paying attention when Lebron went and help create the Miami Heatles?

How?? Please explain this to me.

This man has been on a superteam for over half a decade! His owner spends as much as Lebron asks. They've overpaid the guys Lebron asked for. He's had it easy compared to pretty much everyone else in the NBA. Complaining now that they NEED something else is just ridiculous.

rambis

Banned
LeBron is right. So is Chuck. LeBron crossed a line and Barkley was pretty much keeping things on the proverbial court of play.

All of this is because of the warriors. This is all because LeBron is shook. He knows he needs to do something to try and fight against the beast that's literally forming in front of everyone's eyes over in the west.

More than that, if LeBron can't stop the warriors right now, this year, a dynasty will be born and LeBron might never win another ring.
All this "shook" talk when in reality, CLE's guard rotation is abysmal due to trades/injuries and they have a roster spot they can fill with someone who wont turn the ball over every play. All these psycho analytics suck.

This man has been on a superteam for over half a decade! His owner spends as much as Lebron asks. They've overpaid the guys Lebron asked for. He's had it easy compared to pretty much everyone else in the NBA. Complaining now that they NEED something else is just ridiculous.

Is it Lebrons fault that their guards have been injured? Because he plays on a great team, he's now not allowed to make any suggestion that they could be better?

mckmas8808

One is a potential insecurity the other is a life changing problem that could require professional help.There's a line. I'll give you both are low blows, but if Chuck crossed that line he barely put his foot over. Bron did a triple jump.

In any case, chuck wouldnt have said shit if Bron expressed his grievances in private tomthe team and to Gilbert. If Chick did say something in that instance he would't have a leg to stand on. Instead Bron calls the team he created "top heavy" cause he sees the L coming. All after he tries to act like there's no rivalry.

There are many personal insecurities that can be emotional hard to over come to the point that people have to get professional help. It's weird that people are feeling sorry for the one guy in sports that says he doesn't care what people think of him.

mckmas8808

He's pouting.

Most people are actually defending him, but he deserves to be torn apart because it's not like he's stuck in Orlando or New Orleans or something. He has more help than anyone but Steph Curry, who's not even in his conference. He has an organization that grants all his demands when possible. He has no room to complain. Stop whining and just play basketball. Even Tristan Thompson seems to agree.

What's the Cavs record over the two years when Lebron doesn't start?

Lebron is only going to get worse not better.

If you were the GM are you going to keep letting him dictate what you and the team does? He wants certain players out and certain ones in that simply may not work.

I think it's about time to move Lebron out. Irving is just 24 years old and is someone you can build a team around in my eyes. They can be ready to win without Lebron in a few years and not have to deal with his money issues or controlling conflicts.

So, what is your move? You do what Lebron wants or suggests or you just let him go?

LA already went down this route with an aging top player and that didn't work out for them and it harmed them more than anything. Yes, I get that he isn't that old yet but if your losing a good future from now to 7 years from now, well Lebron doesn't have 7 top years left. 2 to 3 imo and it isn't worth it for me personally.

If you were the GM are you going to keep letting him dictate what you and the team does? He wants certain players out and certain ones in that simply may not work.

I think it's about time to move Lebron out. Irving is just 24 years old and is someone you can build a team around in my eyes. They can be ready to win without Lebron in a few years and not have to deal with his money issues or controlling conflicts.

So, what is your move? You do what Lebron wants or suggests or you just let him go?

Lmao you ride with LeBron til the wheels fall off. Kyrie and Love ain't winning you titles.

Fjordson

You move mountains for Lebron until he retires.

BadAss2961

What's the Cavs record over the two years when Lebron doesn't start?
It doesn't matter. That's what happens when you lose the best player and ballhandler of a top heavy super team. All the pieces are needed to keep it rolling.

Cleveland has three all stars and a roster he handpicked himself.

Lmao you ride with LeBron til the wheels fall off. Kyrie and Love ain't winning you titles.

Do you think or not think his actions hurts the teams mentality though? I know people feel he is the go to guy... but there comes a time when something isn't working.

I agree with you to an extent that he did win the title for them last year but at the same time they were so close to being blown out because of the mental edge.

I do feel they are better than what they have been showing for the record. I would be that dude that trades Lebron, I know a lot of you would call me crazy but hell no one would see that coming lol

mckmas8808

It doesn't matter. That's what happens when you lose the best player and ballhandler of a top heavy super team. All the pieces are needed to keep it rolling.

So have you seen the Warriors play without Curry or the Spurs play without Kawhi? Those teams keep rolling even without their "best" player. The Cavs would barely be a playoff team in the East if it was just Tristan, Kyrie, and Love.

Do you think or not think his actions hurts the teams mentality though? I know people feel he is the go to guy... but there comes a time when something isn't working.

I agree with you to an extent that he did win the title for them last year but at the same time they were so close to being blown out because of the mental edge.

I do feel they are better than what they have been showing for the record. I would be that dude that trades Lebron, I know a lot of you would call me crazy but hell no one would see that coming lol

It is crazy because you would never get anything back that could replace Lebron. He IS the Cavs at the moment.

If you're the GM that trades LeBron James, you better be sure to include yourself in the deal. Only way you won't get fired.

I think he's one of the 2 best players on planet earth and the only reason a dump like Cleveland has a ring, so I'm going to run with that rather than all this fluff about him "hurting the team" that's is all probably a bunch of media narrative BS. I also think the Cavs likely cake walk to the Finals for at least another season after this one, so im liking my chances of at least competing for another ring. LeBron is a generational, top 2 all time talent who has shown zero signs of slowing down and you want to not only entertain the idea of trading him, but do it based on the idea that the franchise would be somehow better off? Most ridiculous thing I've read all day.

rambis

Banned

Bullshit.Heat were far more top heavy than the Cavs are now and they could still win even if they lost 2 of the stars. Even against good teams.

https://youtu.be/gG_vdeu8dGE

Dre3001

Yeah the difference is you only like one of those guys.

Lol where is this nonsense coming from. I like Lebron and actively cheered for him when he was on the Heat and in the finals against Golden State. At the same time I don't think he is infallible and in this situation I think he is wrong.

Barkley says a lot of dumb stuff most of the time but in that case I actually agree with the point that Lebron complaining about the roster comes across as being "whiny".

Lebron basically had a say in forming this team around him

-pushed for Lue to be coach over Blatt
-pushed for Wiggins-love trade
-wanted Thompson and JR smith resigned at all costs

So therefore I simply think that after forcing the GM to make all these moves and putting the team in salary cap hell it comes off as a little whiny that he says this still isn't enough.

If JR smith was healthy the Cavs would be fine since the spark he provides off the bench is huge. But he isn't and basically everyone else is forced to play more minutes leaving the starters tired and causing them to slack off on defense and effort. That's basically it.

Just because I think Lebron is wrong in this case doesn't mean I have some dislike towards him. Most of my posts regarding Barkley in this topic are towards posters discrediting his analysis since he never won a championship when he actually raises a good point in my opinion.

BadAss2961

So have you seen the Warriors play without Curry or the Spurs play without Kawhi? Those teams keep rolling even without their "best" player. The Cavs would barely be a playoff team in the East if it was just Tristan, Kyrie, and Love.
I agree. But the Spurs have one of the greatest coaches ever. They play complete team basketball with no egos.

Golden State was well balanced before KD got there, now they're loaded.

Since Miami, LeBron's teams have all been super talented, more so than anywhere except what Golden State has become. But the way they're built overall, they're still dependent on his presence.

Lol where is this nonsense coming from. I like Lebron and actively cheered for him when he was on the Heat and in the finals against Golden State. At the same time I don't think he is infallible and in this situation I think he is wrong.

Barkley says a lot of dumb stuff most of the time but in that case I actually agree with the point that Lebron complaining about the roster comes across as being "whiny".

So therefore I simply think that after forcing the GM to make all these moves and putting the team in salary cap hell it comes off as a little whiny that he says this still isn't enough.

If JR smith was healthy the Cavs would be fine since the spark he provides off the bench is huge. But he isn't and basically everyone else is forced to play more minutes leaving the starters tired and causing them to slack off on defense and effort. That's basically it.

Just because I think Lebron is wrong in this case doesn't mean I have some dislike towards him. Most of my posts regarding Barkley in this topic are towards posters discrediting his analysis since he never won a championship when he actually raises a good point in my opinion.
Let it be said that those decisions did bring a Championship. Which is all you can ask for.

And let it also be said that LeBron didn't ask for them to fail to retain Dellavova nor did he ask for Mo Williams to retire at the beginning of the season, past time to pick up some of the available, quality backup PGs.

The PG/back court situation is a result of a series of unfortunate events. JR injury, Dellevadova departure, Mo retirement. None of that is LBJ's or the GM's fault; it just all happened. How the GM responds to that is what matters. So far we're 3 months into the season and we still don't have good answers in the back court. No-names and rookies still getting more minutes than you'd like to see. Even the departure of Mozgov - who hadn't played well - mattered because you need those kinds of players during the regular season to take the load off the main guys. Plus he was a capable defender.

But again, this issue only explains why LBJ is playing more minutes than he should; it doesn't explain the disinterest in playing defense the Cavs currently exhibit. They seem totally uninterested in getting back on defense as demonstrated by their nearly 10ppg increase in points giving up year over year. Transition defense and rebounding are simply about effort. Teams are running on CLE in situations that aren't really even fast break opportunities and turning them into easy layups. Their collective effort just isn't there. A backup PG won't fix that.

mckmas8808

I don't see why you'd be cool with Barkley calling Lebron a "punk" and joking on his hairline all the time, if you have a problem with Lebron saying what he said last night.

I really hate how popular Chuck and the stupid TNT show has gotten with fans. Especially Chuck. He's dumb as fuck, peddles shitty respectability politics and knows little about the current game. Dude openly admits he doesn't watch most games. He can't go away fast enough.

Tbf, I have yet to meet someone that enjoys inside the NBA and thinks chuck isn't terrible at analyzing basketball, players, or anything else for the most part

You meet people who think Shaq has a better grip on things, and even more who think Kenny does, but chuck is there to have that stupid opinion and have some of the funniest moments on the show

I think he's one of the 2 best players on planet earth and the only reason a dump like Cleveland has a ring, so I'm going to run with that rather than all this fluff about him "hurting the team" that's is all probably a bunch of media narrative BS. I also think the Cavs likely cake walk to the Finals for at least another season after this one, so im liking my chances of at least competing for another ring. LeBron is a generational, top 2 all time talent who has shown zero signs of slowing down and you want to not only entertain the idea of trading him, but do it based on the idea that the franchise would be somehow better off? Most ridiculous thing I've read all day.

I think a couple of teams have a chance and it may not be a cake walk to the Finals. Not saying this over the current play of the cavs though... as they had this same issue last year.

I'd still like to see Boston make it and play well, that was one of the turning points for Thomas and has kept his game running since the playoffs last year. If the cavs manage the Finals this year (even if hey lose) I will give you this round and say it was wrong to consider getting rid of Lebron but I wouldn't be surprised if they have at least considered it partly. I guess this is a better conversation two years down the road or so.

I don't think the media is over playing it though, there is no telling how many outbursts he has had with team mates that we would never know about. The chuck thing is just a good look into what he is capable of deploying mentally. Its all brought about from losing and being upset after all.

They will probably pick it up and go back to winning soon, let's see how they are looking after three weeks from now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Tbf, I have yet to meet someone that enjoys inside the NBA and thinks chuck isn't terrible at analyzing basketball, players, or anything else for the most part

You meet people who think Shaq has a better grip on things, and even more who think Kenny does, but chuck is there to have that stupid opinion and have some of the funniest moments on the show

Inside the NBA is great - love Ernie and the Jet. Shaq is stupid and Charles is stupid.

mckmas8808

Did you defend Javale McGee when he called Shaq a coon?

ABSOLUTELY NOT! But I tend to hate the word coon. That word has to be reserved for the very overly horrible black person that is selling out himself or people for personal gain. And it has to be obvious and egregious.

Quake1028

LeBron will never be Kobe. I miss Kobe.

H7vljHu.gif

a54a2e7698c774b092fb371820a3c974.gif

SeanC

Dont' like either for reasons they both brought up about each other. Kinda just watching two people I don't like talk shit. *eats popcorn

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I could've sworn the cavs were garbage in January last year too. Feels like deja vu.

Yeah Jan or Feb they were bad, not this bad though. Ever since JR went down, they have been terrible on defense, can't create for shit, and the team's overall 3pt percentage has dropped considerably as well.

The best regular season team ever just added arguably the first or second best player in the league, while the Cavs lost a good backup PG. Which is why Lebron is "whining" about needing more help.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I could've sworn the cavs were garbage in January last year too. Feels like deja vu.

They only lost 3 games last January, all to teams well over .500 at the time (Spurs, Warriors, Bulls).

Not quite the same as losing to basement dwellers like the Kings, Pelicans, and Mavericks over the span of a week as well as losing to really good teams earlier in the month.

But yeah, the whole thing last January resulted in the coaching change.

Fjordson

Well Charles is one tbh. Remember he once said "Listen, slavery is, uh, well, I shouldn’t say one of the worst things ever, because I don’t know anything about it other than what I read or what my grandmother told me.”
Chuck has a long history of shitty quote likes this. Like I said, one of his many issues is the garbage respectability politics he tries to put out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom