• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's all laugh at Catwoman some more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suerte

IGN Film Force

I know the fans would eat me alive if I didn't ask you this, but is there any reference to Batman in the final film, and if not, why so?

There's no reference to Batman in the final film. I think part of it is that Chris Nolan is shooting Batman right now. He's in the market place, he's in the world actively. There were comics, there were stories about Catwoman that did not involve Batman. There were some where they intersected, there were some where they didn't. We felt that as I said earlier, she deserved a story where she just stood on her own terms

(aka. they didn't want our bad press to wreck what could be a good movie)

But oh shit guys...

If there is a Catwoman 2, are there any characters from the comic books that fans could expect to see in it?

I would love suggestions, because so many have been used already or they don't really make sense for Catwoman. So, I'm actually in the process of researching that. If anybody has an idea, I would love to hear it.

I hope that's just wishful thinking on the producers part! o_O

Willco

Hollywood Square
This doesn't even take place in Gotham. Her name isn't Selina Kyle. What a bunch of bullshit.

Alucard

Banned
What? They're not even using her proper name? The backstory is apparently totally changed here too. In the actual story of Catwoman, she's just a really good cat burglar that just so happens to wear a cat suit. I think this one has some kind of super-hero/super-human elements that just don't belong in Catwoman.

Dead

well not really...yet
Worst part of the trailer = CG

made the scorpion king in the mummy returns look photorealistic. awful.

I don't know what's worse, the Catwoman movie or the comic geeks endlessly going on and on about this and that.

God if I was a movie producer I'd buy up every comic license ever and then go about changing absolutely everything just to FTUTA.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
It's just another piss over the creator's original concept film. Which is different from the George Lucas piss over your fans by shitting on your own films.

Trevelyon

"I would love suggestions, because so many have been used already or they don't really make sense for Catwoman. So, I'm actually in the process of researching that. If anybody has an idea, I would love to hear it."

How about the new villian be a huge Octopus, called Slimy McGee! who tentacles rapes & horribly kills Catwoman in the first minute of Catwoman 2, thus ending the Catwoman movie franchise.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Good to see Tim Burton stepping away from the project in time. Or maybe that's why it's turning out this way? :/

Alucard said:
What? They're not even using her proper name? The backstory is apparently totally changed here too. In the actual story of Catwoman, she's just a really good cat burglar that just so happens to wear a cat suit. I think this one has some kind of super-hero/super-human elements that just don't belong in Catwoman.
The really sad thing is, I think that DC is changing the comic Catwoman to be a little more like the movie version. I thumbed through a recent issue, and they had some funky sh*t about an Egyptian cat cult saving Selina from certain death, and she ends up being their "chosen one" or some such nonsense.

Shazapp

I hate to say it but the trailer is going over well in the theater I manage. Granted, the audience is mostly black and Halle Berry is a local girl, but I left the theater one day after half the auditorium was chanting "Go Halle! Go Halle!" I felt dirty.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They really messed up that costume of hers, with all the ripped leather and straps. She looks much better in that simple leather jacket with spiked orange hair. Meh, no skin off my back.

Mason

Shazapp said:
I hate to say it but the trailer is going over well in the theater I manage. Granted, the audience is mostly black and Halle Berry is a local girl, but I left the theater one day after half the auditorium was chanting "Go Halle! Go Halle!" I felt dirty.

LOL

Pattergen

mst3kCAT.jpg

This has got to be one of the lamest movies to come around in awhile. The buzz is horrendous, the previews are making people laugh. Gigli style box office. Mark my words.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I hope Halle is still working on that Jinx spin-off, she might need something based on the Bond series to help her out after this one.

And they have that women that use to be on Mad Tv in the preview, she would play that character Ms. Swan or something. This movie "look-alike-a BOMB."

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Shazapp said:

If it makes you feel any better, I was at the midnight screening for Spider-Man 2 at the Arclight in Hollywood. Tobey Maguire was in attendance to see how the film was received (hopefully a bunch of Sony/Columbia execs were there too to gauge audience reaction). When the Catwoman trailer aired, the boo's were heard instantly. Practically every trailer was boo'ed until the movie started, but Catwoman got the loudest boo's. One guy even said, "I liked it better when it was called The Crow." Any Sony exec in that theater probably shat their pants after that trailer's reception.

Shinobi

DeadStar said:
Worst part of the trailer = CG

made the scorpion king in the mummy returns look photorealistic. awful.

You weren't impressed by that whip????

Die Squirrel Die said:
I don't know what's worse, the Catwoman movie or the comic geeks endlessly going on and on about this and that.

God if I was a movie producer I'd buy up every comic license ever and then go about changing absolutely everything just to FTUTA.

If you think it's just comic geeks that think this movie will be a steaming pile of elephant shit, then you're hopelessly naive.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Grizzlyjin said:
I hope Halle is still working on that Jinx spin-off, she might need something based on the Bond series to help her out after this one.
Unfortunately for her and fortunately for us, that project was scrapped completely some time ago. No longer in the cards in any form.

Eggo said:
Any Sony exec in that theater probably shat their pants after that trailer's reception.
Shat their pants? Why? Because Warner Bros has a bomb on its hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom