• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liking Indie Bands = Nintendo Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause like ive noticed since ive started listening to lesser known bands I feel this suddent instinctual urge to belittle anything popular and sneer when people mention mainstream. Is that cause I feel the portion of the music industry I enjoy is threatened by this lack of acceptance?

If so, am I living the Nintendo dream?

Diablos is Olimario?!?!

MrAngryFace said:
Cause like ive noticed since ive started listening to lesser known bands I feel this suddent instinctual urge to belittle anything popular and sneer when people mention mainstream. Is that cause I feel the portion of the music industry I enjoy is threatened by this lack of acceptance?

If so, am I living the Nintendo dream?

Diablos is Olimario?!?!

Feel the dream, MAF. Feel the dream.

fart

Savant
i would answer you right now but i'm playing janga with my girlfriend alexandra elizabeth

OH NO, JANGA wait, wait.. it's ok because i still love alexandra elizabeth

does anyone else like janga?

fart

Savant
UH OH, I MISSPELLED JENGA. elizabeth alexandria told me how to spell it right. i love her so much.

does anyone else misspell things?

akascream

Banned
Some people just tend to have better taste and aren't spoon fed thier entertainment by MTV and G4. As you get older, you'll find yourself developing in a number of ways. Exciting times, I wish you luck. :thumbsup

MrAngryFace said:
Is Casshern any good, btw? IS IT SOUNDTRACK MADE BY PJ HARVEY>?!

Casshern is amazing. Best Sci-fi film I've seen in a long time, and it has a powerful message fit for todays war climate. The soundtrack is exquisite, I highly recommend it!

Alucard

Banned
When is Casshern coming to DVD? I really want to see it, despite the fact that certain parts of it remind me of The Matrix Revolutions.

Alucard

Banned
The parts with the giant, darkly coloured robots. They're at the end of the trailer on www.casshern.com. The movie still looks like it could be supremely badass. I think it would do EXTREMELY well in the North American market if anyone ever decided to bring it over.

X_X Casshern is NOTHING like The Matrix. That one scene you speak of smacks the shit out of anything in Revolutions, and it's only like 4 minutes long. There is no over abundance of cheese sci-fi here.

Don't make the mistake of expecting Casshern to be The Matrix meets Final Fantasy. It's a great sci-fi film that really pushes the genre to a new level.

I wouldn't expect the DVD for a while, maybe the holiday.

I'd say that the one scene with Casshern vs the robots really stands out above all the other action scenes, but Casshern really is not an action movie.

DeadStar said:
Pretty much, anyone expecting that will be dissapointed...

Yes. :) Kazuaki Kiriya was surprised by all the interest, especially from the states. He says that some people might be dissapointed to find out it's not an all out action film like the trailer suggests.

Alucard

Banned
Actually, I don't really expect an all-out action movie and the only part of the trailer that suggests that is the very end. Otherwise, I love the look of the movie. It's like an anime and videogame come to life. A geek's wet dream. Is there any way I can see it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom