• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lions Gate ANNOUNCES The Avengers/Ultimates straight-to-DVD movie series! Huzzah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Animated Avengers Coming to DVD in 2006
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Thursday, July 15, 2004

The Hollywood Reporter says that Lions Gate Family Home Entertainment will kick off its much-anticipated series of animated made-for-video movies starring Marvel comic-book characters with The Avengers.

The first installment in an eight- to 10-picture deal with Marvel Enterprises, the 66-minute film will feature a cadre of Marvel's most popular characters, including Captain America, the Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Giant Man and Wasp.

The animated feature, based on the Marvel Comics series "The Ultimates," is still in the script phase. The complete film is expected to be out on DVD in early 2006.

This has potential to be one of the coolest projects ever. Glad they're basing it on The Ultimates. Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch are consults, by the way.

Willco

Hollywood Square
karasu said:
meh, the Avengers. I'll check it out though.

Did you never read The Ultimates? It's probably the best thing to happen to comics in the past decade. Don't meh The Ultimates, you loser!

Ryu

Thank God. Since it's the Ultimates, we won't have to hear that bullshit "Avengers Assemble!" tagline. That was so stupid. I still cringe after reading it in the preview for Avengers 500.

Asbel

Ryu said:
Thank God. Since it's the Ultimates, we won't have to hear that bullshit "Avengers Assemble!" tagline. That was so stupid. I still cringe after reading it in the preview for Avengers 500.
NEWSTEAM! ASSEMBLE!! :D

Xenon

Did you never read The Ultimates? It's probably the best thing to happen to comics in the past decade.

Yeah nothing beats a horny human eating Hulk.

Did they ever release the second trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom