• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Local Man's One-Man Crusade Against Controllers

Flynn

He started looking at other children's hands everywhere he went, and decided that his grandson wasn't the only one who appeared to be affected by hours spent gripping a game controller.

Walking up to them wherever he saw them, Tomich examined the hands of more than 250 children and adults at a variety of venues, from the mall to the movie theater.

He says his efforts to approach children and spread the word about the dangers of game controllers are often not well received. One man even threw a magazine at him, but still he's continued his quest.

From the Bay City Times

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
More game magazine related violence. The revolution is coming, it will begin with the sound of 1000 magazine racks falling over.

Walking up to them wherever he saw them, Tomich examined the hands of more than 250 children and adults at a variety of venues, from the mall to the movie theater.

Yes he wanted to examine their "hands"

Flynn

Grizzlyjin said:
More game magazine related violence. The revolution is coming, it will begin with the sound of 1000 magazine racks falling over.

"The fluttering of a magazine is the sound of change."

-Che Guevera

WarPig

Flynn said:
"The fluttering of a magazine is the sound of change."

"Condemn'd to drudge, the meanest of the mean
And furbish falsehoods for a magazine."

Edit: He should examine my hand too:

nose.jpg

DFS.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
He says his efforts to approach children and spread the word about the dangers of game controllers are often not well received. One man even threw a magazine rack at him, but still he's continued his quest.

Fixed

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Heh, what's amusing to me is, two weeks ago I was having a conversation with a friend who used to be in the hardcore Street Fighter scene at Golfland in CA and we were thinking about how much less carpel tunnel we were seeing in the gamer generation than previous. Theorizing that all that joystick wrangling, button pounding, and gamepad playing had loosened up tendons at an early age and made them more resiliant.

Not a scientific study of course, but it's something interesting to consider.

Kaijima said:
I was having a conversation with a friend who used to be in the hardcore Street Fighter scene at Golfland in CA and we were thinking about how much less carpel tunnel we were seeing in the gamer generation than previous. Theorizing that all that joystick wrangling, button pounding, and gamepad playing had loosened up tendons at an early age and made them more resiliant.

Your theories intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your publication.

"Tomich says he believes God has allowed him to survive his cancer ordeal in order to help save children from exposure to game controllers."

There's your answer. He's doing this because he has delusions of grandeur. He thinks he's special.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
At the request of Bill Gates, attorney Jeffrey M. Koontz sent Tomich a letter in May outlining Microsoft's stance on the issue.

"Microsoft takes great care in the design of its Xbox video game console and believes that the controllers associated with its game console are safe," Koontz wrote in the letter. "To date, your allegations of finger and hand deformity associated with controller use is the only complaint we have received of this nature."

That's priceless you know, the whole no complaint thing. So the S-Type was always planned was it, Microsoft?

LakeEarth

So his studies so far is based on looking at male teenager's hands. "Hmm, they seem to be all tight like they've been grabbing on to something like a control stick all day... must be because of controllers... I mean, what else could it be?"

Top Bottom