• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

lol wtf?

SantaC

http://ps2.ign.com/

IGN has done it again. I thought there was enough news to cover their own console!?
jokersmilie.gif

One thing that caught my eye in the article was:

At one point I got thrown into a DM bout against four other people of an assumedly similar skill level. It was clear that the real fight was between me and just one other, however. In the end, I lost by a single kill, though both of us where at least 15 kills above third place. When the next match automatically started I found the Optimatch system had squared me off against my adversary in a one-on-one fight to the death. Brilliant. The game somehow knew that we were the titans and it knew to pull us from the last game and pit against one another to determine who the true champion is (I naturally won). Optimatch is impressive, to say the least.

Though I really don't agree with the rationale behind some of the statements that were made in the article. Multiplayer is as much a part of many games as single player is... this "Single player is the meat of the game" line of thinking is very limited in scope.

Chipopo

Banned
Wow that article was TREMENDOUS!

Okay we're trying something new here...stick with me folks...don't...don't do anything drastic...Shocking Halo 2 opinions coming your way fast...don't say you weren't warned...

...Halo 2 multiplayer was fun!

Dragged out over 3 pages.

MaddenNFL64

So, is IGN going to write about other systems games, or is this just Ivan being obsessed with Halo 2?

If it's the former, I urge IGN to stop now, and turn back. Turn back immediately.

SantaC

MaddenNFL64 said:
So, is IGN going to write about other systems games, or is this just Ivan being obsessed with Halo 2?

If it's the former, I urge IGN to stop now, and turn back. Turn back immediately.

Imagine seeing Metroid Prime:E on IGNxbox. They would probably tear it apart also knowing their site.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I was just thinking.. it would kick ass if during Sport Center they updated me on the crisis in Iraq and the scandle over the faked documents on CBS.

laugh.gif
A new low for IGN, and that's saying a lot considering this is the site that reported BS rumors as exclusives like Bushido Blade X, Chrono Chross X, Rebel X, Perfect Dark Zero at GC's launch, etc.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
The conversation started to focus on the perpetuation of misinformation. We then turned to the perceptibly high level of ignorance some gamers exude

Says the guy writing this article...

What if we didn't preview them at all? What if we left the fact sheets, bulleted lists, movies, and interviews to other channels? What if we took a handful of AAA offerings from each platform, dished them out to competitive channels, and tried to offer genuinely disparate perspectives not yet influenced by hype and roots and loyalty? Hmmm?

Why not just become an actual cross-platform site instead of three fansites hosted on the same network.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that was so fucking retarded.... but at least i got some big hearty laughs when that dipshit tried to say that time splitters was up to halo quality... bwahahaha

Rorschach

op_ivy said:
that was so fucking retarded.... but at least i got some big hearty laughs when that dipshit tried to say that time splitters was up to halo quality... bwahahaha
Not just up to. He said Timesplitter was better polished. :p

IGN PS2 started sucking the day Dave smith, Dough Perry, and that fat guy (zidorokyo or whatever) left. There hasn't been a single good enthusiastic story on that page since that. These new editors suck ballz.

I hate IGN, don't know why I signed up for the stupid insider crap. Gamespot all the way! :D

SantaC

Doom_Bringer said:
IGN PS2 started sucking the day Dave smith, Dough Perry, and that fat guy (zidorokyo or whatever) left. There hasn't been a single good enthusiastic story on that page since that. These new editors suck ballz.

I hate IGN, don't know why I signed up for the stupid insider crap. Gamespot all the way! :D

I hate to say it, but IGNCube started to suck when Fran left Matt ( :D ), and Matt started to hire 2nd tier workers like Cory, MJ, and now Juan.

Peer should be running IGNcube with Matt imo.

Top Bottom