• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Long lines for iPod Japanese debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2004/07/24/ipodminitokyo/

ipodtokyoqueue.jpg

ipodtokyoqueue2.jpg

ipodtokyoshelves.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Haven't they heard of the interweb?

That said, my new 4G 40GB hasn't even shipped yet.

*sobs*

Mejilan

Despite my prior comment. I respect that.

I still remember taking a 45 minute long subway ride at around 10:30pm one frightfully cold November night, only to arrive an hour or so early at an EBGames in freakin' 32nd street Manhattan for the Gamecube midnight launch. I traveled from Brooklyn, at that.

Waited an hour, froze my nards off. Then, had to travel all the way back, nervous and anxious the whole trip.

Yeah.

nitewulf

Mejilan said:

I still remember taking a 45 minute long subway ride at around 10:30pm one frightfully cold November night, only to arrive an hour or so early at an EBGames in freakin' 32nd street Manhattan for the Gamecube midnight launch. I traveled from Brooklyn, at that.

Waited an hour, froze my nards off. Then, had to travel all the way back, nervous and anxious the whole trip.

Yeah.

i picked up my Dreamcast in between classes, had two classes and a huge break in between. Left school (i went to CCNY) after my first class, went to that same EB where i had my dreamcast pre-ordered, picked it up, picked up soul calibur from the software etc across the street (now its a gamestop), and went back to school to attend my last class of the day.

Mejilan

That's not a bad idea, Cockles. Only, they should consider letting Apple do the American design too. The Xbox could have done with a whole lot less of 'fugly.' :)

Chrono

Banned
ipodtokyoshelves.jpg

I feel like buying a new iPod from just looking at that picture. Actually after backing up my iTunes music folder (4.5 gigs) into the iPod I only have about 4/5 gigs left so maybe it's a good idea. A 40 ( or 60!) gig iPod could also serve as a backup removable HDD. :D

COCKLES said:
MS should give Xenon to Apple to design and market in Japan. :p

+ 1000 for any console desinged by Apple.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
JC10001 said:
iPod wasn't already out in Japan? I surprised to hear that. I had no idea.

The line was for the iPod Mini, not the iPod. The high US demand for it delayed its worldwide release.

20040724p2a00m0dm007000c.jpg

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Mejilan said:

Yeah.

Worse story:

I camped out for 6 hours for my GameCube. I was in front of Circuit City and was the 1st one in line. I left around 5:30AM (CC is a 10 minute walk from my house) and waited until 12PM. I called the day before to ask them what time the store would open and they told me 9AM. I figured a 3 hour wait wouldn't be bad. Then when the managers showed up they said they'd open the store at 11. But it ended up opening at 12 because their POS (not piece of shit :p) system went down for 45 minutes.

I was the first to walk out with a GC in my hands, though. But the wait was terrible. :( :p

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
pfff.

the Japanese will queue for ANYTHING.

The lines for the Xbox launch were similarly massive and look what happened there!

Take a look around, there are always lines at the openings for larger Apple Stores, and for new Apple products.

People love Apple.

*ponders buying an ipod* dammit ive got lots of monies due to birthday and selling some stuff but now i have it, i dont want to spend any of it

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AlphaSnake said:
Worse story:

I camped out for 6 hours for my GameCube. I was in front of Circuit City and was the 1st one in line. I left around 5:30AM (CC is a 10 minute walk from my house) and waited until 12PM. I called the day before to ask them what time the store would open and they told me 9AM. I figured a 3 hour wait wouldn't be bad. Then when the managers showed up they said they'd open the store at 11. But it ended up opening at 12 because their POS (not piece of shit :p) system went down for 45 minutes.

I was the first to walk out with a GC in my hands, though. But the wait was terrible. :( :p

You dork....that's so sad :(

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
In Akihabara , there is a ramen shop that EVERY DAY has two hour waiting times to eat at.
The queue used to have markers like at amusement parks

"If you are here, you have 30 mins to wait"
"If you are here , you have 1 hour to wait..."

quite amusing.

Anyways, carry on.... ;)

Chrono

Banned
DCharlie said:
In Akihabara , there is a ramen shop that EVERY DAY has two hour waiting times to eat at.
The queue used to have markers like at amusement parks

"If you are here, you have 30 mins to wait"
"If you are here , you have 1 hour to wait..."

That must be some good ramen they make...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom