• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST premiered 20 years ago

VulcanRaven

Lost started this month in 2004. It aired from September 22, 2004, to May 23, 2010. One of the best TV shows. The first 3 seasons are so good but I think it stayed great until the end. This might be an unpopular opinion but I liked the ending too.

One of my favorite scenes:

Just saw this recent video:

Last edited:

Doom85

Kara Danvers Superman GIF by Adult Swim

Doom85

IIRC, the writers said when they did the first Hurley episode where they first revealed the numbers, they picked the numbers by going back through all the prior episodes and seeing what numbers were used most often. They had the first five picked by doing that, and then they made 42 the final number because some of the writers were big Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy fans (as the number 42 is very relevant to Hitchhiker’s most iconic joke).

near

Gold Member
IIRC, the writers said when they did the first Hurley episode where they first revealed the numbers, they picked the numbers by going back through all the prior episodes and seeing what numbers were used most often. They had the first five picked by doing that, and then they made 42 the final number because some of the writers were big Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy fans (as the number 42 is very relevant to Hitchhiker’s most iconic joke).
Thanks for sharing, I didn't know that. The numbers were such a huge talking point back then, so much mystery and speculation. I loved it.

llien

It was a fun ride as they kept escalating the mystery levels.

But instead of a grand finale, we've got an admission that the writers themselves could not explain half of the sh*t they've made up, bar the cheapest and dullest way imaginable.

Shaki12345

Neo Member
Who here was on Lostpedia back in the day? Going there after an episode aired to discuss everything on the forums was fucking legendary.

Never experienced anything like it. The mystery aspect of this show was something else and it changed television like Twin Peaks did some time before.

Last edited:
God how this series bored me. I just felt as if they made shit up without a plan. Never finished it.
Yup...from a budget perspective, acting, soundtrack, etc... i can see why the show is famous but in terms of its story, etc? hell no.

Season 2 where they keep pressing one button was painful. As soon time traveling started i was like "nah..."

Top Bottom