• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elhaym

Welp. I caved. I'm weak as hell.

BpaXLJNIYAAMuSb.jpg

Ok, I don't know how you guys manage to do Sweet & Sweet Holiday on Hard. Even following along with a video on YouTube for help, I lose total track of the input commands around 1:20. It's just a mess of chaos, and it's kept me stuck on Normal this whole time, and I can't afford to throw away macarons at this point.

Also, this is me in case anyone needs a new add (US): 112477197

Ok, I don't know how you guys manage to do Sweet & Sweet Holiday on Hard. Even following along with a video on YouTube for help, I lose total track of the input commands around 1:20. It's just a mess of chaos, and it's kept me stuck on Normal this whole time, and I can't afford to throw away macarons at this point.
Any ideas as to what's throwing you off?

Draxal

You'll get used to it eventually dome of the daily Japanese songs on hard murder me myself.

Have you tried watching youtube videos at half speed? That helped me a lot when I was trying to see where I was messing up. Other than that it's mostly practice. If your team is good enough to score at least an A rank on hard, you should definitely just play hard. 3x S/S on normal gives you 420 points, and 2x A/C on hard gives you 412 points, which isn't much of a difference. You can make up for the lost points later when you start full comboing hard.

Have you tried watching youtube videos at half speed? That helped me a lot when I was trying to see where I was messing up. Other than that it's mostly practice. If your team is good enough to score at least an A rank on hard, you should definitely just play hard. 3x S/S on normal gives you 420 points, and 2x A/C on hard gives you 412 points, which isn't much of a difference. You can make up for the lost points later when you start full comboing hard.
wait

3x

2x

what is this

i'm only getting like 223 points or something close from the event song, on hard, with S/S D:

Well this is the first time I've seen this. Game bugged out where the song continued playing and notes just stopped coming. Cleared the song with 32 notes hit and 1 miss.

JoeFu

Banned
I wish my Pure team was good enough to get an S rank on the song... I can only get 223 points because I can only get A/S on the song :(

Currently at 8487 with 239 more maracrons to go. I think I can get to 11k.

Kinda tired of playing the song though.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Mokoi wat r u doing, Mokoi, stahp

I finally s ranked love and peace, after maxxing out my smile team AND partnering with a UR. Crazy. Now to work on s ranking all the cool songs and then i'm good for a while again. And I've started becoming a terrible person and using love gems to boost my rank. I at least want to be within the 1000-2000 range.

Also, I have burned at least 5000 FP today and NO fucking rare idols, I hate this game.

Any ideas as to what's throwing you off?

It's those short rapid bursts of combination/hold presses. I think I'm just too used to them moving in the same direction, so when they move away from each other I end up with a delayed reaction, which pushes every input I try to make that much later. Once that happens, this mad finger dance starts where I'm frantically trying to do everything in a split second, and it all falls apart. I should probably just let those notes pass by, but my brain doesn't let me.

I'm going to try watching it slowed down and practice along with it. I know it's a lot of memory exercise, and once I get past that hurdle I'll get it no problem, but it gets a little frustrating sometimes. My team has 28 stamina and loads of recovery, but those short exchanges always get me before I can recover. I know if I can get to the end, I've got a good enough squad to hit A rank. I should have my alpaca by tonight, but I think the SR is out of my reach at this point.

800 until Kotori, no loveca spent on recharges yet. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! If I want to stay in the top 1000 I'll probably have to spend some loveca, won't I? :(

m0t0k1

No idea if this will come to the US, and I can't really read it, but it looks like in TW they are giving away 20% extra loveca on purchases?

I don't think so at least not yet. I believe the TW is managed by a different company then the english version which is run by the original bushiroad. But maybe to encourage players to buy they can do it here. No need for them to do it in japan since lot of people buy those stones. Also did 1 game before going to sleep last night since i had 5 lp left and this little thief robbing 3 other people :(

I also noticed that i can't play this game in bed. The multitouch just won't register when i tried to play it guess it is the bounciness of the matress that is ruining the touch. I play it flat on the surface and use my index vingers to play.

Hachitora

I didn't know I was this close to breaking into the top 200s for the event song rankings
kahKAfl.png

I might be able to make it if I raise my Pure team a bit higher. It's currently being carried by my SR Maki, Kotori, and Nozomi

I didn't know I was this close to breaking into the top 200s for the event song rankings
I might be able to make it if I raise my Pure team a bit higher. It's currently being carried by my SR Maki, Kotori, and Nozomi
If you didn't already do that, the note distribution can help you get a few more points too : http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Sweet%26sweet_holiday#Note_Distributions
I went up a few ranks after optimizing my team but still not enough to reach the top 200. At least, I'll get a free scouting ticket.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I am accepting any donations to keep me in the top 1000. Just throwing that out there

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, so if you have multiples of the same card it combines their bond points. That explains people with normal bone well abone the Max.

Oh and I finally got SSS on the event song in normal.

Might be too late but this is what I've learned in my experience with music games. Play/mock play that video one or two times a day. No matter how hard or impossible you think it is, you'll find yourself able to do it a day after. If not. Wait another day then practice a few times again. Sooner or later you'll come back to it and find yourself able to do it.

Ken

Oh, so if you have multiples of the same card it combines their bond points. That explains people with normal bone well abone the Max.

Oh and I finally got SSS on the event song in normal.

Something on your mind? Lol.

Hachitora

Might be too late but this is what I've learned in my experience with music games. Play/mock play that video one or two times a day. No matter how hard or impossible you think it is, you'll find yourself able to do it a day after. If not. Wait another day then practice a few times again. Sooner or later you'll come back to it and find yourself able to do it.
^ This. As with instruments, muscle memory is your friend.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Event Kotori is finally mine. Now to decide rather or not I want to spend some love gems to try and stay in the top 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom