• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Ape Quest or an Ape Escape RPG?

Takao

Banned
944552_20081009_790screen003.jpg

So Ape Quest is a thing. It was released a few years back as a PSN exclusive in English speaking regions, and didn't really make an impact. I admit, I haven't actually purchased the full game, but rather, I'm playing off the demo, and I got to say, it isn't terrible? It's so odd that it's an on-rails RPG, and that's actually very off putting. I want to roam around the areas fighting skeleton dudes, because the battle system actually isn't that bad.

What's GAF opinion on the full game?

For those who've never heard of Ape Quest, it's a PSP RPG developed by Japan Studio, Shift, and Alvion. It was released in 2008. SCEA released a demo that contains a reasonable chunk of the game for free, with the rest of the game being sold in three separate $9.99 packs, or a single $19.99 bundle.

Trailer

Why was this brought to North America when all those other Ape Escape games weren't? Shit, SCEE even localized Ape Academy 2, and that wasn't released here as even a PSN-exclusive.

I get the impression that SCEA sent this game to die, just like Hot Shots Shorties. I also played the demo way back when it was released and couldn't get into the flow of the game.

Top Bottom