• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Dragon Age Origins Awakening (PS3)

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
header.jpg

Origins is one of my favorite games of all time and I had the honor to play it in 2009, awakening is an expansion to that released in 2010, it’s good to see Ferelden, your companions, everything from crafting runes, the boring, pixilated but charming landscapes, and the load of combat abilities again.

11661971-dragon-age-origins-awakening-playstation-3-the-world-map-is-to-t.jpg

I think there’s an animosity towards dragon age origins Ferelden. Todays open world games let you go directly to different locations than there’s Ferelden which hosts a bunch of locations but can’t even connect them correctly, having to load between cities and houses is a hard pill to swallow.

2246639-dragon_age_awakening1_29099_screen.jpg

I was intrigued by the talking darkspawn.

Think about an expansion today being available in physical format, that was awakening in 2010, I played it during my high school years but have no recollection of playing this but PSN trophies says otherwise.

20210129000956_1.jpg

The guys in your squad.

11660424-dragon-age-origins-awakening-playstation-3-battling-some-genlock.jpg

Simple combat that feels ancient by today’s standards.

The-Mothers-Final-Scream-Dragon-Age-Origins-Awakening-Screenshot-by-the-author.png

Brutal main “brood mother” boss, crazy design physically.

Awakening is a fine expansion, this was originally a $40 expansion and now people know where to find things cheaper, grab this game if you can. At 12 hours playtime it’s an incredible story and unfortunately because of the combat, the theme a lot of people will skip over it and I understand that. Originally I discovered dragon age from completing mass effect. Todays dragon age is much different and everyone has something to say about it, and before we get to Veilguard I suggest you play origins, awakening, 2 or inquisition.

What did GAF think of dragon age origins awakening?

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Whenever I think of DA:O, the first word that pops into my head is Vibe.

The atmosphere was pretty much everything I could think of about a dark fantasy at the time. Bleak, hopeless, gritty, yet there were people fighting the insurmountable fights. I think the grey and yellowish graphic tone also helped with the nostalgia for that purpose.

As always, really enjoyed your LTTP thread, OP. Any specific reason you chose to play on PS3, instead of on a modern PC?

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Whenever I think of DA:O, the first word that pops into my head is Vibe.

The atmosphere was pretty much everything I could think of about a dark fantasy at the time. Bleak, hopeless, gritty, yet there were people fighting the insurmountable fights. I think the grey and yellowish graphic tone also helped with the nostalgia for that purpose.

As always, really enjoyed your LTTP thread, OP. Any specific reason you chose to play on PS3, instead of on a modern PC?
Yeah there’s a healthy amount of vibes people were upset how disconnected inquisition felt. PS3 version is rotten I know, the frame rate is disgustingly bad but I don’t care I’m just accustomed to consoles.

Top Bottom