• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Justified

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Wow.

What a ride. I honestly don't know where to begin. How this does not get more LTTP threads here is beyond me, because this is right up there with BB, The Shield, and The Wire. Hell, I'd even put this above everything but BB. Raylan's character is so entrenched in anger, bitterness, seeing his transition through the show, trying to do anything he can to escape where he came from, only to realize that the best parts of what makes him, him, are because of where he came from. Raylan/Boyd, basically two sides of the same coin, headed for disaster through the series, but at the same time, a level of care for each other, because, well, they dug coal together. Art, Tim, Rachel, all characters that are easy to root for, but you can tell, each of them have their own crosses to bear. Its a layered onion effect, and damn, it is written so well that if you don't pay close attention, there are major things you'll miss about them.

Same goes for the villains. It was great to see the villains actually have a purpose themselves. From the one/offs (Boon, Quarles, Limehouse, Mads), to the villains all through the series, the same goes for them. You can tell that a lot of thought went into them, and the show is even more amazing because of it. Wynn Duffy and Mikie (sorry, Mike), truly the best love story of the show, a father/son type relationship that by the end, you don't realize how much you've grown to really care about these two. Same goes for Art/Raylan, Art basically being the father figure Raylan always needed, but you never even get the sense that Raylan himself even realizes it.

People. Watch this show. I want to read the books now, I think Elmore Leonard write three based on Raylan? Any thoughts on anyone who's read them?

Now. On to the gifs.

321_original.gif

bmpEp.gif

f81ft.gif

giphy.gif

11-boyddq.gif

46944-justified-no-knives.gif

tumblr_lkuw5s9sGO1qcjzcm.gif

Great post!

Justified is pretty damn amazing.

Boyd & Raylan are just so amazing, and the dialog is just so on point.

Man I need to watch it again now!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
One of the greatest efforts in terms of TV dialogue ever. Show is a goddamn treasure. So many wonderful characters too.

black_13

Banned
I watched the pilot at a friends house and really enjoyed it. Think it's time I start watching it but it's not on netflix canada anymore which sucks.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Love Justified. It has some of the best dialogue on TV, right up there with Deadwood.

'Raylan' or 'Fire in the Hole' is probably what you're looking for if you want something that's close to the show. But you could read any of them and you'll recognize the same sensibilities. The show was absolutely wonderful at putting Leonard characters on tv. The show borrowed a lot from various novels, so you'll even recognize particular scenes sprinkled across his work.

Oh, and watch Sneaky Pete. Just premiered on Amazon Prime yesterday. It has a bunch of the Justified folks working on it, in front and behind the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom