• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: PS4

lupinko

Okay after work today I'm going to finally buy a PS4. I was holding out for a further price drop or more news on Neo. But the former isn't coming anytime soon (Sony is printing money) and the latter is too far away (also Sony is still printing money with vanilla).

I decided against Neo eventually because I'd rather finally just build a new mini ITX PC with a 480 or 1070 later in the year. While for general computing my m11x-R1 is still good, especially with the new ram, new HDD and Windows 10, I think it's time to just go with a PC instead of desktop replacements. Also PC boxes have gotten small enough already.

Another reason is that due to many sales, from Black Friday to PSN flash sales to Amazon dumb sales (hello $10 SFV), I have already amassed a pretty big PS4 library.

Here's what I have:

Physical
Street Fighter V

Digital
Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin
Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition
Saints Row IV: Re-Elected
Metro Redux
Life is Strange
Hitman GO: DE
Journey
Skullgirls 2nd Encore
MGSV: GZ
Grim Fandango Remastered
Resogun
Hohokum
Flower
Hotline Miami
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Transistor
The Last of Us Remastered
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
The Order: 1886
Grand Theft Auto V
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
Wolfenstein: The New Order
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Transformers: Devastation
Tomb Raider: DE
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

I'm going to buy a new HDD in July, so I'm not going to install all my games immediately (I think with patches and DLC this far exceeds the 500GB stock drive).

I was going to buy from Amazon.jp but they don't get white PS4s until next week, and they give me the option to pick up from Lawson. And I wanted the Blue Sega featuring Miku bundle from Sony's store but I missed that deadline apparently. But I already own the Frozen plate and am still in the process of getting a spare glossy white laser engraved (still discussing it with engravers).

Street Fighter V aside, I don't know what to play first. I thought about the Order but that might put me off on the PS4 altogether. Lol jk

Lately I've been playing Hotline Miami again on PS3, in addition to Burnout Paradise and Tekken Tag 2.

I'm primarily an arcade (Tekken 7) and 3DS (a bajillion Pokemon games, PokeGAF can verify) gamer nowadays.

Outside of big sales, the only PS4 game I'm guaranteed to buy this year is KOFXIV.

I find Persona 5 to be pretty enticing, and there are old games I'm interested in like Gravity Rush HD and buying DMC4 again with the SE version. But I think I should focus on the games I have right now.

Also many of my PS4 games are games I've played in the past (via Crossbuy and others I just bought for whatever reason even tho I own it on PC like Grim Fandango or on iOS like Transistor).

I do currently have a 60fps itch. And my Dark Souls 2 purchase is mainly because of Berserk hype.

I didn't see any racing games on your list, so I'll recommend Driveclub. It's probably the best game I've played on PS4. Its ultra pretty, has a ton of stuff, and the racing feel is awesome. You can also smoke the tires! No split-screen, though, which sucks.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Overwatch, Doom, and if you didn't play South Park The Stick of Truth, then pre-order the sequel.

They give you Stick of Truth for free which is amazing, great turn based RPG and South park so it is hilarious.

lupinko

I'm on my way home from Labi with the PS4 in tow.

I'll buy the SFV season pass when I get home and download it and Batman.

Thanks for the recommendations, and I can play games in Japanese, hence the consideration for P5.

I own Valkyria for PS3 (Japanese LE and NA version, I sold the NA game) and I have it on Steam. But like DMC4 it's a game I would rebuy.

I just unboxed it and replaced the matte white faceplate with my Frozen one.

jrCwlYH.jpg

Top Bottom