• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Rurouni Kenshin

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Saw the first 2 seasons and the prequel OVA. Not going further since the last season is filler and I thought the ending to the Kyoto arc made for a fine conclusion. Great stuff all around. Its refreshing to have an adult as a protagonist even if it is still a show aimed at younger boys. Going from the level of violence in the OVA to the tv show is hilarious, but it also makes complete sense for the story.

There were too many flashbacks, likely due to animation budget/time constraints natural for a weekly show. But compared to suffering through Bleach which has flashbacks of things that happened earlier in the same episode it wasn't a dealbreaker.

Huge props to the voice actress Mayo Suzukaze. Was able to give him a masculine voice when shit got real and Kenshin needed to slash a bitch.

The Trust and Betrayal OVA is truly masterful work. I remember when I watched it a year or two ago being blown away by it.

If you liked the directors efforts you should TOTALLY watch Hunter X Hunter 1999 btw. 😘

Pejo

One of the best worst opening songs in all of anime, especially the english version:

I remember the first time watching through the series just how fucking HYPED I got every time he flipped the sword around. I still never watched the OVA, I should do that.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I still never watched the OVA, I should do that.

Please do, the Trust and Betrayal one.

Imagine how dangerous Batman would be without his no-killing restriction, and thats pretty much manslayer Kenshin. The Hitkoiri Battousai. Gorgeous animation too.

Top Bottom