• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lunch thread! What's on your menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Being in IRC, every morning around this time, Orin and Sea Manky have a battle of who has the best lunch of the day. Usually, (ok, always) Orin loses.

Sea's roast beef w/ iced tea
vs
Orin's rice and ketchup w/ diet cock

Speaking of Orin, does anyone ever imagine him being like Donald Duck. He misspells something, and just flips out...

<Orin_X> some black chicken tounge!
<Orin_X> err
<Orin_X> chicks
<Takuan> cockscrew blow > you
* Orin_X slqaps self
<Orin_X> slaps*
<Orin_X> grhurwhnvgt
<Ferrio> SAII > you
<Orin_X> cant type today
<MiG> you misspelled "ever"
<Orin_X> ...
<Orin_X> die

Miguel said:
Being in IRC, every morning around this time, Orin and Sea Manky have a battle of who has the best lunch of the day. Usually, (ok, always) Orin loses.

Sea's roast beef w/ iced tea
vs
Orin's rice and ketchup w/ diet cock

Speaking of Orin, does anyone ever imagine him being like Donald Duck. He misspells something, and just flips out...

<Orin_X> some black chicken tounge!
<Orin_X> err
<Orin_X> chicks
<Takuan> cockscrew blow > you
* Orin_X slqaps self
<Orin_X> slaps*
<Orin_X> grhurwhnvgt
<Ferrio> SAII > you
<Orin_X> cant type today
<MiG> you misspelled "ever"
<Orin_X> ...
<Orin_X> die

diet cock?

Miguel

Ninja Scooter said:
diet cock?
It's orin. Not sure if that's a typo or not.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna go to Wendy's and get a Junior Bacon Cheese Burger, Fries, and a Frosty. I may skip on the frosty though. 2.14 for JBCB + fries rox.

Alucard

Banned
Don't know yet. I'm just waiting for my mom to finish whatever she's making for dinner. Haha. That will be my breakfast/lunch. Working afternoons this week.

French Croissant with roastbeef mean, with a good V8 to drink, and a nectarine for dessert.

Tritroid

Orin is going to die a slow and painful death if he continues to eat Wendy's chili.

Today I ended up getting a Turkey Breast on Sourdough from Atlanta Bread Co.

Good shit.

Miguel

MiG can't find his wallet.

44tzy

"OH NO!"

xsarien

daedsiluap
I'm thinking a turkey or chicken sandwich at this point, depends on how much I want to spend.

(Turkey's cheaper.)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Pussy.

So I thought. @ 12:30 she calls me on some 'You still want me to cum to your office for lunch?'

Dumb broad.

Actually, maybe I was hard on her. In fact I know I was for the simple fact that now I won't be 'hard' on her...

lol!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Just got back from Mangoes... amazing Mexican restaurant near my work in Bethpage... their steak fajitas are to die for!

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Today I had a New York strip steak cooked medium rare, with spinach and mashed potatoes & gravy. We have an excellent chef in our cafeteria, and the meal costs are subsidized by the company, so that only cost me $4.50 :)

SyNapSe

SteveMeister said:
Today I had a New York strip steak cooked medium rare, with spinach and mashed potatoes & gravy. We have an excellent chef in our cafeteria, and the meal costs are subsidized by the company, so that only cost me $4.50 :)

.. wow, that rocks!

xsarien

daedsiluap
Ninja Scooter said:
the chicken selects are actually pretty good, but expensive as fuck. Its like $7 for a 5 piece meal.

Yeah, but 5 Chicken Selects go a long way. The grease + the chicken gets filling pretty quickly.

I'm feeling pretty sick right about now. Fever, constant stomach pain... it's lovely. However, I'm still getting a Wendy's Bacon and Cheese Baked Potato and a Jr. Cheeseburger.

thomaser

I actually took a picture when I ate lunch today, since it was soooo nice outside:

invit.jpg

I was sitting on a barge in the middle of a strait in the center of my town. You go straight from the café, Invit, down into their shop (it's a combined café, interior shop and architect office), and out of the window right out on to the water. The best café ever :)

The food is great too... today, I ate a pasta salad with tuna, celery, red onions, olives and freshly baked bread. I also had a "stockbroker"-coffee (their own invention - it's something like a cappuccino-sized cortado), and their coffee is outstanding. They've won several prices for it, and a couple of the people there are members of the Norwegian national barista team.

You can't see the barge on this picture, but it's pretty huge. There was a really old, beautiful wooden sailboat lying right next to it today, behind me as I took this picture, but I couldn't take a pic of it because of the direction of the sun.

It's so great sitting out there, looking at the water, listening to the boats putting by and the seagulls... :)

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
hmm i had in Intel Fab 10,............................

good ole irish beef stew casarole with mashed spuds, rhubarb custard yogurt and bottle of tipperary spring water.

ohhh feel the goodness/

My lunch: A strawberry nurti-grain bar out of my work's kitchen pantry and a bottled water (ran 3 miles during my lunch break today)

For dinner: Planning to eat the leftover pancit (Filipino noodle dish for those who don't know) I got from my niece's christening yesterday (along with some Miller Lite =) Might go to the local Starbucks to get a coffee and chill for a little bit after work first though.

Boogie9IGN

My breakfast/lunch today was a Black Angus Steak Sandwhich from Quizno's with like 4 refills of Vanilla Coke.

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom