• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shyamalan's 'Glass' Adds 'Unbreakable' Actors

Link.

Spencer Treat Clark and Charlayne Woodard, who appeared in M. Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable, are reprising their roles from the 2000 hit, joining the filmmaker's newest thriller, Glass.

Glass is the sequel to both Unbreakable, which starred Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson, and Split, Shyamalan's surprise hit from earlier this year that starred James McAvoy. The project is being described as a comic book thriller, although it is not based on any preexisting material.

Willis is returning to the role of security guard David Dunn, who is imbued with superpowers, while McAvoy is back as Kevin Wendell Crumb, a man with multiple personalities, including the creature known as The Beast.

Glass finds Dunn pursuing Crumb's superhuman figure of The Beast in a series of escalating encounters, while the shadowy presence of Elijah Price, aka Mr. Glass (Jackson), emerges as an orchestrator who holds secrets critical to both men.

Clark is back as Willis' son, while Woodard is returning to play Jackson's mother.

Anya Taylor-Joy, who starred in Split, is back as Casey Cooke, the only captive to survive an encounter with The Beast. Sarah Paulson is also on the call sheet in a new undisclosed role.

Shyamalan, who wrote the script and is directing Glass, is producing with Jason Blum. Ashwin Rajan and Marc Bienstock are also producing, while Steven Schneider will executive produce.

Clark, who was 13 when Unbreakable was released, was recently seen playing villain Werner von Strucker on ABC's Agents of SHIELD and had a run on TNT's Animal Kingdom. He is repped by Don Buchwald & Associates and Untitled Entertainment.

Woodard has appeared on recent episodes of The Leftovers, The Blacklist and People of Earth. She is repped by Shelter Entertainment and Bret Adams Agency.

Lock if old.

norm9

This is looking real good. Hopefully, the low budget will keep it from being bloated like other hero movies with more than one main villain.

Struct09

I'm happy to say that I watched Split not too long ago and somehow never had its ending spoiled for me. I imagine that's impossible now that the ramp up to this movie is beginning.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoyed Unbreakable but never watched Split. Is it any good? Would I need to see it to understand this movie?

rtcn63

I thought Split was predictable and underwhelming, relying mostly on McAvoy's presence. But I did like Unbreakable on rewatch, so I'm in.

Seriously though, I'll be pissed if Wright isn't back.

Clare was a big, humanising anchor for David Dunn and it would be a huge shame to lose that.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Seriously though, I'll be pissed if Wright isn't back.

Clare was a big, humanising anchor for David Dunn and it would be a huge shame to lose that.

If they can't get her (most likely on account of a scheduling conflict with House of Cards), you can bet their ass they're going to have David Dunn withdrawing from the world as a superhero following the death of his wife, only for The Beast to lure him back into that world.

FTF

I will assume those asking if she was in unbreakable that it's more a memory thing as she's very recognizable in that. You guys should also go watch The Princess Bride again too.

If you'd asked me who from Unbreakable would be the most difficult to get cast member to return to a seventeen year later sequel, Robin Wright would not have been my first answer.

Tell em' to open that checkbook Robby, you deserve it.

Truant

Came for this.

I'm not all in unless Newton Howard is back and he's working with either Tak Fujimoto or Eduardo Serra as cinematographer.

I just asked M. Night on twitter if he's going for the more timeless look of Unbreakable for this film. We'll see if he responds.

R-User!

Now give us a 4K version of Unbreakable before this releases so we can bask in its glory before Glass shatters our geek collective minds!

Cool. I really enjoyed Unbreakable when I watched it a few years ago, and I just watched Split last month which was enjoyable (though I liked unbreakable more).
Bringing them together sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe they'll sell it as a trilogy set when all's said and done.

If you'd asked me who from Unbreakable would be the most difficult to get cast member to return to a seventeen year later sequel, Robin Wright would not have been my first answer.

Tell em' to open that checkbook Robby, you deserve it.
Actually, she probably would be the most difficult, considering they're (reportedly) not working with a huge budget, and she's blown up big time since Unbreakable and would be returning for what would be considered a somewhat minor role for her now.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Robin Wright's character is killed off by The Horde at the start of the movie to get the ball rolling.

strafer

I wonder if Bruce Willis will actually give a fuck in this movie, seeing as he's been phoning it in for a long time.

Not surprised if Wright isn't involved, dropping the female spouse/love interest for a sequel is the most Hollywood thing ever.

Simmins

I like the idea of Dunn going after the beast because of how his powers work. If he touches him to see his past crimes they might be obscured by all of the personalities hidden within the beast. Seems like a good foil. I don't know how Mr. Glass is going to factor into all of this unless there is some kind of joker angle where Glass was in secret communication with the beast the whole time and encouraged his transformation (what a TWIST!). Either way i'm down, despite being kinda underwhelmed by Split.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Is the M.Night.Universe going to eventually have all the characters hes played meet at some point. They can have dinner at the lake house where we found out aliens might not be fans of water.

Fuck, Unbreakable is such a great movie. Haven't seen Split yet but if Shyamalan can recapture what he had going back then, this is going to be good.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Is the M.Night.Universe going to eventually have all the characters hes played meet at some point. They can have dinner at the lake house where we found out aliens might not be fans of water.

Sam Jackson will peel off his face in the final scene of Glass and reveal that he was M Night all along!

HF2014

Enjoyed Unbreakable but never watched Split. Is it any good? Would I need to see it to understand this movie?

Really enjoyed Split. One of the best film release this year. Dont know if its needed to see Glass, but its worth watching

Top Bottom