• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 (PS3) NeoGAF Community - The UFL of GAF Madden Leagues

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If you enjoy playing sim ball and want to avoid nano-blitzing cheesers who never punt, join us.

Community Name: NeoGAF PS3
Password: believe

Use this thread to try and organize meetups. Also, please feel free to invite friends to the league. If you are a rage quitter or are someone who insists on going for it on 4th and 7, on your own 35, with a lead in the 3rd, I am sure there is a community for you, but please, don't join this one.

Rules: In general, all-pro difficulty, 8 min qrtrs, default sliders, and accelerated clock to 20 secs. No manual catching on offense, no going for it on 4th down on your side of the field EVER, and if you go no-huddle, it better not be the same play over and over again. Basically, play sim ball and respect your opponent. If enough complaints come in about a member, that person will be kicked out of the community.

effzee

I'll join over the weekend but what are the general rules you have set up.

I hate guys who find one or two errors or cheesy plays and exploit those for the whole game.

What quarter lengths, difficulty, or general rules do you guys play with? Sliders?

DenogginizerOS

In general, all-pro difficulty, 8 min qrtrs, default sliders, and accelerated clock to 20 secs. No manual catching on offense, no going for it on 4th down on your side of the field EVER, and if you go no-huddle, it better not be the same play over and over again. Basically, play sim ball and respect your opponent. If enough complaints come in about a member, that person will be kicked out of the community.

effzee

DenogginizerOS said:
In general, all-pro difficulty, 8 min qrtrs, default sliders, and accelerated clock to 20 secs. No manual catching on offense, no going for it on 4th down on your side of the field EVER, and if you go no-huddle, it better not be the same play over and over again. Basically, play sim ball and respect your opponent. If enough complaints come in about a member, that person will be kicked out of the community.

Sounds awesome!

Greg

Good game, effzee - if it wasn't for my special teams that would've been an ugly game. I couldn't pass for shit, and you were tearing it up with Vick.

effzee

Greg said:
Good game, effzee - if it wasn't for my special teams that would've been an ugly game. I couldn't pass for shit, and you were tearing it up with Vick.

I don't have the kicking down at all. And even though I had Vick I would forget to scramble.

But yeah great game. I think I need to practice some more and then play again.

Can't even fucking connect to the EA servers because of high volume of traffic....anyone else getting this error?

Also, can we start up a PS3 GAF league? I'd be down.

mbmonk

GG to Sun-drop ( I assume he is from GAF ). His 49'er D is tough. I couldn't block the Strong Side LB #55 and the Left defensive end #94 one-on-one. They were a nightmare.

Oddly when I lost my #2 and #3 WR's to injury it helped my offense. At that point I couldn't run 3 or 4 WR sets and had to convert to the traditional 2back 1 TE packages. That ended up giving me a FB to help block the monsters I mentioned above.

Sun, great defense. You really had me guessing the entire game. If you would have been able to get your offense going you would have hammered me, because the defense was solid.

GG's and I look forward to the rematch.

PS: I think I set a record for most field goals kicked in a game. :)

sun-drop

lol yr FG skillz are amazing.

i had a brief hope of winning there after forcing that fumble but then the INTs came.

just learning my playbook still so kinda made the mistake of doing the same thing over and over ..that last TD drive of mine i tried the short passing game, seemed to work better for me.

but yeh GG, that was fun

effzee

I'll get a chance to get back into the game this weekend.

So busy with work, school, and wife. I will definitely make time Fri and Sat night.

DenogginizerOS

Do you guys want to set up one or two nights a week where we all try to be online? I always hate Tuesdays during the NFL season because it is the first day without football. We could try tonight if anyone is interested.

mbmonk

I am interested in doing that. Tonight is bad for me this week but normally it's perfect. I am on the East Coast though :)

mbmonk

I am going to be on and off most of the day. So if you want some games msg me. PSN is same as my GAF and I joined the community.

Is there a Madden 12 OT in GAMING?

Also, is "All-pro" the 'as close to even with the CPU as possible' preferred madden beginners mode?

I've always loved NFL (as much as I can for an Australian), and although I have been an avid gamer for some time now, this is my first experience with a 'full-blown' madden game.

Any tips you may have for me would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom