• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '13 Season One Awards Thread: Now with more stat padding!

Various awards (per the game!):

League MVP - Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers)
League Coach of the Year - John Valentine (Bills)
AFC Offensive player of the year - Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers)
AFC Defensive player of the year - Von Miller (Broncos)
AFC Offensive rookie of the year - Andrew Luck (Colts)
AFC Defensive rookie of the year - Nigel Bradham (Bills)
AFC QB of the year - Ben Roethlisberger (Steelers)
AFC RB of the year - Darren McFadden (Raiders)
AFC WR of the year - Mike Wallace (Steelers)
AFC Offensive lineman of the year - Jared Veldheer (Raiders)
AFC Defensive lineman of the year - Mario Williams (Bills)
AFC Defensive Back of the year - Tracy Porter (Broncos)
AFC Kicker of the year - John Potter (Bills)

NFC Offensive player of the year - LeSean McCoy (Eagles)
NFC Defensive player of the year - Patrick Willis (49ers)
NFC Offensive Rookie of the year - Robert Griffin III (Redskins)
NFC Defensive Rookie of the year - Mark Barron (Buccaneers)
NFC QB of the year - Alex Smith (49ers)
NFC RB of the year - LeSean McCoy (Eagles)
NFC WR of the year - Percy Harvin (Vikings)
NFC Offensive lineman of the year - Jason Peters (Eagles)
NFC Defensive lineman of the year - Jason Pierre-Paul (Giants)
NFC Defensive back of the year - Nnamdi Asomugha (Eagles)
NFC Kicker of the year - Josh Brown (Falcons)

Teams with the top weekly award winners:

Texans - 7 times (2 on offense, 5 on defense)
Steelers - 6 times (5 offense, 1 defense)
Eagles - 6 times (3 offense, 3 defense)
Dolphins - 5 times (3 on offense, 2 on defense)
Vikes - 5 times (5 on offense)
Raiders - 4 times (4 on offense)
Bears - 4 times (4 on defense)
Giants - 3 times (1 offense, 2 defense)
49ers - 3 times (2 on offense, 1 on defense)
Cardinals - 3 times (1 on offense, 2 on defense)
Broncos - 2 times (2 on defense)
Rams - 2 times (1 offense, 1 defense)
Saints - 2 times (2 on defense)
Patriots - 2 times (2 on offense)
Redskins - 2 times (1 on offense, 1 on defense)
Bills - 2 times (2 on defense)
Packers - 2 times (2 on offense)
Jets - 2 times (2 on defense)
Ravens - 1 time (1 on defense)
Chiefs - 1 time (1 on defense)
Titans - 1 time (1 on defense)
Seahawks - 1 time (1 on defense)
Lions - 1 time (1 on offense)
Bengals - 1 time (1 on offense)

Top probowl votes:

49ers - 12 (9 on offense, 3 on defense)
Bills - 9 (4 on offense, 5 on defense)
Eagles - 9 (5 on offense, 4 on defense)
Texans - 7 (4 on offense, 2 on defense, 1 special teams)
Raiders - 7 (6 on offense, 1 special teams)
Bears - 6 (3 on offense, 1 on defense, 2 on special teams)
Steelers - 5 (3 on offense, 2 on defense)
Broncos - 5 (3 on offense, 2 on defense)
Vikings - 4 (3 on offense, 1 on defense)
Colts - 4 (2 on offense, 2 on defense)
Panthers - 4 (2 on offense, 2 on defense)
Bengals - 4 (1 on offense, 3 on defense)
Dolphins - 3 (1 on offense, 2 on defense)
Giants - 3 (3 on defense)
Lions - 3 (1 on offense, 2 on defense)
Buccaneers - 2 (1 on offense, 1 on defense)
Patriots - 2 (2 on offense)
Titans - 2 (1 on offense, 1 on defense)
Packers - 2 (1 on offense, 1 on defense)
Falcons - 2 (2 on defense)
Seahawks - 1 (1 on defense)
Rams - 1 (1 on offense)
Saints - 1 (1 on offense)
Redskins - 1 (1 on offense)
Chargers - 1 (1 on offense)
Jets - 1 (1 on offense)

Divisional standings (with division games removed):

AFC West: 32-20
NFC East: 29-23
NFC North: 27-25
AFC East: 26-26
NFC West: 25-27
NFC South: 24-28
AFC North: 23-29
AFC South: 22-30

Conference stats:

AFC teams above .500 - 7
NFC teams above .500 - 6
Best home teams - Raiders, eagles, steelers, Giants (All undefeated)
Best road teams - 49ers, Bills, Broncos (All 7 wins)
AFC wins vs. NFC - 31
NFC wins vs. AFC - 33

Random Statistics!

- Highest scoring team: Eagles - 36.2 ppg
- Lowest scoring team: Jags - 10.8 ppg
- Most offensive yards: Steelers - 5,980
- Least offensive yards: Jags - 2,747
- Most first downs: Patriots - 213
- Least first downs: Panthers - 109
- Best defense ppg: Broncos - 11.9 ppg
- Worse defense ppg: Titans - 36 ppg
- Most Sacks: Colts - 59
- Least sacks: Cardinals - 16
- Most fum recoveries: 49ers - 12
- Least fum recoveries: Titans/Lions/Jags - 3
- Most interceptions: Eagles - 57
- Least interceptions: Cowboys - 16
- Best 3rd down %: 49ers - 59%
- Worst 3rd down %: Jets - 26%
- Most 4th down atts: Ravens/Cardinals - 24
- Least 4th down atts: 49ers/saints - 1
- Most 2 pt conversions: Packers - 3
- Best off redzone: Broncos - 97% scoring rate
- Worst off redzone: Cardinals - 58% scoring rate
- Best def redzone: Eagles - 57% scoring rate
- Worst def redzone: Giants - 92% scoring rate
- Most penalties: Dolphins - 16
- Least penalties: Chargers - 1
- Most giveaways: Falcons - 71
- Least giveaways: Broncos - 10
- Best turnover diff: 49ers - +44
- Worst turnover diff: Titans - (-38)
- Most times punted within the opponents 20 yards line - Ramirez

drew-brees_1571855c.jpg

Drew Brees award for individual statistical excellence - Ramirez

You did it ramirez! You overcame the league and you were the leading passer and broke a lot of records! Simply incredible*!

marty-schottenheimer.jpg

Marty Schottenheimer Award (Biggest Playoff Choker) - Coldblooded

Time and time again CB has great regular seasons, wins his division, maybe even racks up a few awards along the way. But once the playoffs roll around, for whatever reason, he just can't seal the deal.... just like marty!

ScreenShot2011-12-30at1.24.25PM_crop_650x440.png

Unstoppable! (greatest formation in the league) - 3-4 defense

Welp, you heard it from bigAT and then bob solidified it! If you aren't running the 3-4 defense, then you better start! You can blitz the extra guy! OR drop him into coverage! There is literally nothing you can do against the 3-4!

stubborn-girl-with-arms-crossed.jpg

Hmmph! award for best pouter - Livewire

At one time, this award belonged to Sanjuro. But livewire takes the cake with his fantastic rant about the upper players "doing whatever it takes". What is whatever it takes? Not throwing interceptions, not playing shitty defense and not starting tyrod taylor or whoever the fuck he benched flacco for. Thumbs up live, fight the elite power!

Ninaweb.jpg

SURPRISE!! (surprise team of the year) - Bears (MrBob aka the weasel)

Yes he played in a weak division! Yes he won a "championship" in NCAA! But I doubt anyone expected him to go 13-3 and get deep in the playoffs!

360controller-490x367.jpg

Most Unfortunate Disconnect - Bluemax

Wow what horrible luck! Bluemax gets his game with the Packers disconnected because he threw his controller! You have to be careful bro because the "internet disconnect" button on the controller is very sensitive! Just bad luck i guess!

RealHousewivesOfOC_S1.jpg

MrBob "Game of the Week" Award Winner - DMczaf

At one time, bob had this award on lockdown. Cheers, Wings, Golden Girls, the list of his shows goes on and on. But early in the season, it was clear that a new challenger was approaching. Then, throughout the season, DM proved he is the new king of the delayed advance. A champion always rises!

tumblr_lp2e7ezANS1qftal0.jpg

A.I. Award (Most help from computer teammates!) - FMT (49ers)

Imagine you aren't that great at defense. You overpursue at times, other times you take bad angles and still other times you drop picks. But now imagine that none of that would hinder you because you AI buddies would cover up your mistakes! Such is the life of a 49ers user!

XboxControllerButtonY.png

Best Manual Defender - Y button

Over the years many people have won this award. CB, rors, dm.... but they are all crushed under the iron fist that is holding Y! Now, even people like eznark can get a pick here and there. No skill needed!

people_getting_arrested_in_costume_14.jpg

Officer of the year - Luke

First he uncovered the shameful CPU abuse by ramirez, then he called out QB wrap! what will he discover next!?

tumblr_m67hum3vIr1r9i1cto1_500.jpg

Biggest choke job - Storybook

The biggest choke job of the season happened before the season even started with storybook losing to DCX for the right to the falcons. this turned out to be a disaster for both parties: a good player ended up with a bad team and DCX drove the falcons into the ground! what a shame!

tom-brady.jpg

2008 Patriots award for missing playoffs with double digit wins - Splat (Bengals)

Well, even without the jump catching of Larry Fitz splat managed double digit wins! but it wasn't enough in the powerhouse AFC. Maybe next season you'll win a couple more games an leave no doubt!

batman-dead.jpg

Elite Status removed - DMczaf

This one-time elite player is now lowered to pulling the plug on his opponents and finishing under .500. Is it him or his team? I don't know but there are other people with worse teams than the bucs who had more success!

aaronfail_medium.gif

Sanjuro Award for Passing Excellence - DCX

Sanjuro is still the all-time champ regarding int's in a season (throwing 70) but DCX made him awfully proud chucking up 60+!

1919_blacksox.jpg

Throwing the Game award (Player involved in the most games where someone lost on purpose) - Smokey

Well, first smokey threw the last game of the season against luke. Why? He wanted ramirez and knew he would beat ramirez with ease. But then, in a true shamalyian twist, rors purposely THREW the game against smokey in the playoffs! Why? We may never know. He might've had something else going on so he didn't want to holdup the league for any further playoff games he might be involved in. God bless you rors!

ganginitiation.jpg

Best new league member - Rinse

Rinse has been the best new league member.... as well as the only new league member this year! He didn't have much success during the year but took his lumps like a man. He also showed his clutch trait when he beat dark faze out for the final league spot! good on you holmes!

tom_brady1_240.jpg

2001 Tom Brady Award of succeeding with minimal talent - LJ and rors

I don't like the cop-out double award, but what can I do! Both the Bills and Raiders are mediocre teams in the game. For every Stevie Johnson and Darren McFadden on these teams there are 10 trash players. But somehow they were the #1 and #2 seeds in their conference.... as usual!

everybody-hurts-michael-stipe.jpg

Biggest Griefer - McNeily

The lone griefer in the league. Will this award make him grief more? I don't know. Maybe those days are behind him!

large_ben_roethlisberger1.jpg

Ben Roofles award for Forcing It - Sanjuro and Sokantish and Trasher.... or Thrasher as he likes to be calledI just said I don't like to do double awards so instead i did a TRIPLE award! These 3 gents would target 1 guy and not look elsewhere. Sure, this meant that they didn't win many games, but wins are for losers! Take a look at the top of the charts for WR's!

BFJwl052404_11.jpg

Possum award (Biggest turn around from community to league play) - birdman

Birdles had quite the time in community getting handled more than a few times. Little did we know he was just fucking around and would go onto win his division and was undefeated at the halfway point of the season!

mban1096l.jpeg

Rabble! (best complaints!) - everyone

GG BUT, FYIDM, elites cheese, running up the score, padding stats, going for it on 4th downs, milking the clock early, FG power is too weak, FG power is too strong, coverage is too good, coverage isn't good enough, all-madden is garbage, all-pro is too easy, posting while the game is still going on, disconnects, TE cheese, WR cheese, patrick willis, AI cheese, AI acting like idiots, pouting, not actually pouting, too many interceptions, too many dropped interceptions, too many fumbles, injuries should stand after reset, injuries shouldn't stand after reset, owing draft picks to people, brian urlacher, not getting draft picks you were owed, being strong armed into playing a game, allowing extensions for people, not allowing extensions for people, missing contacts, HFA is bullshit, getting HFA'd while you are at home, comeback routes..... i might be missing a couple though!

Well, that's all I've got. It was a great season bro's!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuck you. Declare me the best manual defender. I want what's mine. I led the league in interceptions AGAIN!

Sokantish

Ben Roofles award for Forcing It - Sanjuro and Sokantish and Trasher.... or Thrasher as he likes to be calledI just said I don't like to do double awards so instead i did a TRIPLE award! These 3 gents would target 1 guy and not look elsewhere. Sure, this meant that they didn't win many games, but wins are for losers! Take a look at the top of the charts for WR's!

Okay, I'D like to dispute this one! I believe I'm the only team that has TWO WRs over 1000 yards buddy, and if Owusu had 10 more yards that'd be two WR over 1500 yards. So I targeted TWO guys not just one!

Okay, I'D like to dispute this one! I believe I'm the only team that has TWO WRs over 1000 yards buddy, and if Owusu had 10 more yards that'd be two WR over 1500 yards. So I targeted TWO guys not just one!

both requests denied!

1. cb i will freely admit you are the best manual defender in the league. and i wont make a joke out of it in season 2, but HOLD Y was said too many times to pass up!

2. sok you only had 1k with owusu because harvin got hurt!

Birdman02

Possum award (Biggest turn around from community to league play) - birdman

Birdles had quite the time in community getting handled more than a few times. Little did we know he was just fucking around and would go onto win his division and was undefeated at the halfway point of the season!

It's because I switched to the 3-4!!

Rorschach

Fuck you. Declare me the best manual defender. I want what's mine. I led the league in interceptions AGAIN!
I would have had more if my CBs didn't drop everything. And all those Nnamdi ones padded it. What I'm really trying to say is... GIVE ME NNAMDI!!

Y was the real champ. It made FMT a decent defender.

CB3

Nnamdi had like a 59 catch rating to start the season. Let that simmer and wonder how many he dropped.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Let me throw my two cents in!

3SGkA.jpg

Matt Millen Award for GM Dumb-ination - Colasante

No one made any insane moves this season, but of the minor ones that were made getting rid of Larry Fitzgerald was the most ridiculous. Not only did he take a massive cap hit, not only did he lose probably the second best receiver in the game, but then during the season he goes on to complain about not having a good receiver! Well played, Cola, well played!

sX71L.jpg

Dwight Howard Award of Quitting on your team - Somnia

I called it, we all called it, our boy Somnia didn't want to believe it but we all knew he'd quit yet signed up for a Madden 13 league anyway. Drizzler thanks you!

YRRGS.jpg

The 6th annual Rex Grossman "Fuck it, I'm going deep!" award - Sokantish

The man turned a FA scrub into a bonafide superstar competing with the likes of Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Mike Wallace for biggest cheeseballs! We salute you Sokantish!

LD218.jpg

The "How could this happen to meeee?" award for drama outside of the league - Bluemax

Good ol' Blue informed us about the troubles in his personal life, we love you like a brother Blue but you opened yourself up for ridicule! We're all bros here and we'll help you the best way we can, starting with Luke getting you a job!

BJhCH.jpg

The bump and run award for best press coverage in the league - Pheeniks

An award once dominated by yours truly, now taken over by a new challenger! Pheeniks had his defense make a living on pressing the oppositions receivers into the ground. For this I salute you!

Good season overall, but it was my second worst season ever since we started leagues. I'm taking the league by storm next year!

CB3

lol, I get an * because of one cpu game, ok! And Smokey knew he could beat me easily?! He won by a TD!
Well he pretty much beat you twice

Also I can vouch for him tanking the last game because he knew he could beat you.

Ramirez

Well he pretty much beat you twice

Also I can vouch for him tanking the last game because he knew he could beat you.

He pretty much beat me twice? He was up by 4 points in the beginning of the 3rd quarter of the first game.

As far as "knowing he could beat me", screams of FYIDM, but what do I know?!

Top Bottom