• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL 2005 Busts out All-Star Line-up...Music All-Stars

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 1, 2004--

Game Soundtrack to Debut Music from Green Day, Chevelle, Alter Bridge, THE HIVES, Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas and More

Electronic Arts (NASDAQ:ERTS) today unveiled the highly-anticipated soundtrack for Madden NFL 2005. Featuring an all-star line-up of emerging rock and hip-hop artists, the world's best-selling football videogame will once again shape the sound of the 2005 football season. The in-game soundtrack features 21 groundbreaking new songs that will rock the music scene this fall.

Madden NFL 2005 launches the new Green Day album with their single "American Idiot", the first single from the platinum band Chevelle and new singles from Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas, THE HIVES, Hoobastank, New Found Glory and Alter Bridge - the originating members of Creed. Adding further edge to the line-up are breaking bands Yung Wun, Midtown, Earshot, Hazen Street, Mooney Suzuki, Jazze Pha, Franz Ferdinand and an exclusive rematch of The D.O.C's "It's Funky Enough" vs. Earshot's "Wait" mixed by famed DJ, D.J. Z Trip.

The full soundtrack line-up for Madden NFL 2005 is:

ARTIST TRACK
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wylde Bunch Last Day of School
New Found Glory This Disaster
Earshot Wait
Hoobastank Same Direction
Ozomatli Saturday Night
Jazze Pha Da Heavy Hittas
Strata Piece By Piece
Yung Wun Yung Wun Anthem
Z-Trip feat. Soup of J5 Listen to the DJ
The D.O.C. vs. Earshot The Madden Re-Match
Will.I.Am Go!
Hazen Street Fool the World
Midtown Give It Up
Alter Bridge Open Your Eyes
Green Day American Idiot
JR Ewing Time to Get Dirty
THE HIVES Two-Timing Touch and Broken Bones
Mooney Suzuki Alive and Amplified
Chevelle The Clincher
Faith No More From out of Nowhere (Throwback Track
Powered by Rhino)
Franz Ferdinand Take Me Out

"Madden helps set the pace of pop culture by defining the look, feel, and sound of the upcoming season," said Steve Schnur, Worldwide Executive of Music and Audio at EA. "For millions of players worldwide, the sound of football in Madden NFL 2005 will be synonymous with Franz Ferdinand, D.J. Z Trip, Green Day, THE HIVES and the other artists in the game. We sort through thousands of new songs as we make our selections. We will not put last year's hits in this year's game. Players around the world can count on Madden to deliver the coolest tracks of the year."

The soundtrack is a part of the EA SPORTS(TM) TRAX music initiative that EA debuted in 2001. The program is dedicated to bringing gamers the hottest music through EA's videogames.

Madden NFL 2005, developed by EA-Tiburon, is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will be available on the PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system, the Nintendo GameCube(TM), the Xbox(R) video game system from Microsoft, Game Boy(R) Advance in stores on August 12. It will be available in September on PC and PlayStation(R).

swoon

JR Ewing Time to Get Dirty

oh snap.

and franz!

but yea, needs more rap - and i thought they had teamed up with rhino and were only going to feature old stuff?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I don't know more than half of those artists, that is good though. EA Trax has introduced me to some groups that I would have never heard of otherwise. I am looking forward to "The D.O.C. vs. Earshot The Madden Re-Match," whatever that is.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
swoon said:
and i thought they had teamed up with rhino and were only going to feature old stuff?

I think they will feature only 1 or 2 old songs per game.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
What's worse, the Madden rap theme song from Madden 2002, or the Andrew WK theme song on Madden 2003? Even the GBA version of '03 had digitized Andrew WK. I turned on my GBA once and it started playing, and this guy looked at me with a strange mixture of disgust and curiosity.

Fifty

Oh no...Is that "Time to get dirty" song the same one that was in Fight Night? I hated that song so much. :( :(

Green Day is cool. I'm not sure if I've heard that Midtown song or not. But everything else looks suck. +1 for XBOX and custom soundtracks.

Bog

Junior Ace
Guileless said:
What's worse, the Madden rap theme song from Madden 2002, or the Andrew WK theme song on Madden 2003? Even the GBA version of '03 had digitized Andrew WK. I turned on my GBA once and it started playing, and this guy looked at me with a strange mixture of disgust and curiosity.

That wasn't because of the Andrew WK music, it was because you were playing your GBA in public.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
thank god for custom soundtracks 0_o

FMT's face while listening to the soundtrack at EAsports.com

a_mcgrady_m.jpg

impirius

Guileless said:
THIRD DOWN
WHAT TO DO NOW

yes dude i love snow patrol! hey meier did you preorder the new album? if you do preorder it online, you get this cool picture of the band from its earlier days. each picture is individually numbered and autographed on back by one of the bandmembers. awesome deal! here's the pic:

gay-guys.jpg

Top Bottom