• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL 2005 - First Week Sales Figures!

Wow!

http://www.gamegossip.com

Although Madden NFL 2005 has only been out for a week so far, it seems Electronic Arts today has announced positive sales figures for the title. According to word issued by the company today, its internal data shows that Madden NFL 2005 has managed to sell more than 1.35 million copies since release; making it the most successful launch week for any game in the series.

NotMSRP

Sheep_grazing.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
it is a good game? why are people sheep that buy a good game???????????

Blackace said:

Because they don't get it. Much like I don't get the hype over said Japanese-named game they've been "reading" about in Famitsu.

Ceros

WasabiKing said:
Because they don't get it. Much like I don't get the hype over said Japanese-named game they've been "reading" about in Famitsu.

OMG its Shin Megami Tessen Giftpia Puyo Pop Densetsu III!!!! *creams pants*

You make a good point.

Chony

Blackace said:

Its not so much that it's not a good game, is that they buy the same good game over and over again indefinetly.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
I can't wait till the casuals drop gaming in mass droves and then the quality game experiences remain the best selling.

Slo

Yep, because when the popular and profitable games stop selling, and the market shrinks by 90%, companies will focus on creating obscure niche games?

swoon

not to mention like everyone isn't going out and buying a bad game. the reviews for both espn and madden are almost the same.

DMczaf

XboxGamers said:
Wow!

http://www.gamegossip.com

Although Madden NFL 2005 has only been out for a week so far, it seems Electronic Arts today has announced positive sales figures for the title. According to word issued by the company today, its internal data shows that Madden NFL 2005 has managed to sell more than 1.35 million copies since release; making it the most successful launch week for any game in the series.

WTF?! efralope was right, Madden sales are slower this year :(

NotMSRP said:
They're sheep because they spent $50 for Madden v1.0, $50 for v2.0, ..., $50 for v14.0, $50 for v15.0, ...

please. in the grand scheme of things, $50 a year to play Madden isn't a huge deal (especially with the massive amount of gaming the hardcore fans get for their buck with online play and franchise mode and whatnot). Its as much as people pay to play Xbox Live for a year, and cheaper than what people pay to play some dorky ass MMORPG for a year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
teepo said:
obviously you don't play football games.

He obviously doesn't. Or sports games period.

When you guys watch, say football since that is the topic at hand, from year to year, do you bitch and moan about it being a rehash of last season? Are you mad that some teams are usually in the playoffs? That the same players are generally pretty good?

It's clear that you don't even have an understanding of what a sports game aims to do.

Madden 2004 was my first Madden since 1995, I had been a primarily NFL 2K* player on the DC. The absolute amount of control offered in Madden 2004, with it's brand new playmaker feature brought a level of player integration into the sport of football that I had never even though possible. Not only do you call the plays as per the usual football game style, but you can control the motion of your lead blockers on offense and your entire team on defense when trying to make a play on the ball. Couple that with the expanded amount of control before the snap, and it's a football fans dream.

This isn't even mentioning the adjustments made to the defensive control in Madden 2005, coupled with the addition of league play, hit stick, and expanded online features, the face of the game has changed big time this year. Just look at how many games any of us have played that end with scored like 10-6 or 13-10.

A good series of sports games provides more and more control of the team and the sport in general to the player with each iteration. Madden(2003-2005) has been the best example of this out there.

Your comments are ignorant. EA makes the finest sports games available, but since you aren't a hardcore follower of any popular sport, you wouldn't know.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Madden and 2k are drastically different year to year, but casuals or non sports fans would never notice... my run game has fallen apart this year in ESPN, that has changed how I play the game significantly.

Top Bottom