• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden NFL 2005 Goes Gold

So, well over 80% went to the PS2 version. It will be interesting to see how much the system percentages change.

[7/19/2004 3:13:40 PM ET]
Electronic Arts has announced that the latest entry in its Madden series of videogames, Madden NFL 2005, has gone gold and will be in stores on August 12.
PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, PC and Game Boy Advance versions have all been sent off to duplication. Videogame products will feature new pre-play defensive controls, improved defensive AI, the addition of Storyline Central to the game’s Franchise mode and an all-new “Hit Stick” that will enable players to deliver punishing blows when on offensive players.
Last year’s Madden title sold over five million copies and the series to-date has rung up over 37.0 million in unit sales.

DMczaf

Last year’s Madden title sold over five million copies

img5573282.jpg

SyNapSe

Hot damn. If I was an EA stockholder I'd be screaming for Madden NBA Live 2005, Need for Speed Underground: More Madden for Ya Ass!

Alcibiades

too little.

too late.

This almost feels like an unessecary announcement, with the game seemingly far off (even though it's just a few weeks away). Two years ago, Sega announced a move UP in the date to launch against Madden, now that was newsworthy...

NFL 2k5 has definitely stolen some of the Madden thunder and if word of mouth is good for ESPN, it'll definitely cut into some of the Madden sales. Customers at work are already asking about football games, can't wait to see what happens when they see a brand new 2005 Football title sitting there for $20...

DMczaf

SyNapSe said:
Hot damn. If I was an EA stockholder I'd be screaming for Madden NBA Live 2005, Need for Speed Underground: More Madden for Ya Ass!

maddenjohn14712.jpg

Madden's Outback bus is a secret car in Need for Speed Underground 2!

Top Bottom