• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making Clouds/Fog in 3DMax6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im messing with the settings on a boxgizmo but I cant get like swirly real looking fog, there's too much noise and it looks very silent hill.

COCKLES

being watched
I have no idea how to make clouds in MAx. But I thought I'd reply just incase you thought we didn't love you any more MAF.

Gattsu25

Banned
make 2 sets of clouds: one with slight noise and one without

that's how i used to do it...been a while since i've even seen 3DSM, though

Im using volume fog and made a cloud, sorta, I figure I could just clone the gizmo and randomize the numbers to produce different patterns. I wanted to make a large wall of clouds but im not very good at 3dmax after 3 weeks ;P

Yeah im doing the fog in a seperate project then ill merge it into something else. Im going for something very simple, which is good, but for the sake of art, I need to get it right.

Im sorta the odd duck in my 3dmax class since im a minimalist at heart, so most of my projects look like wallpapers ;P

Ill check out the tutorial. I saw a cool one using some combustion plugin but I cant get that at school. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom