• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAME Experts...

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
How do you control the following games...?

Mortal Kombat 1, 2, 3 and Ultimate... - I hade the buttons mapped out and written down, but can't find it. Using a 6 button controller, I want the middle buttons to be block, to mimic the arcade set up...

[HP]|[Block]|[HK]
[LP]|[Block]|[LK]

Basically, I just need to know what buttons 1-6 correspond to (HK, LP etc.)

==========================================================

Midnight Resistance, Forgotten Worlds, Heavy Barrel, Ikari Warrios...

How do you map the buttons for games that require a 'dial' control setup? I'd rather not have seperate buttons to rotate in each direction, and use the analog sticks on a dual shock.

Any ideas? I neglect to play these games since I can't get the controls right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

P.S. - What version of MAME supports Salamander 2? I had the game running on an older version, but it doesn't even show up in .84.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Why not just mess around with the buttons through trial and error then change them in the options?

8bit

Knows the Score
DaCocoBrova said:
P.S. - What version of MAME supports Salamander 2? I had the game running on an older version, but it doesn't even show up in .84.

It works for me in MameOx .85 and Mame32 .85. Maybe you're missing KonamiGX or you've got an old rom?

For Ikari Warriors et al., I would probably try using the triggers for rotating, if you've got them.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Call me stupid, but how do you change the button mapping in Mame OX for the Xbox?

belgurdo

Banned
For Mame button configuations, you usually have to just guess as to which button does what then change it in the emulator options menu

DaCocoBrova

Why not just mess around with the buttons through trial and error then change them in the options?

Try mapping the buttons for MK1, 2 or 3 and then you'll see the frustration. It's not easy because the OS button 1 isn't the same as MAME button 1.

I have the konamigx.zip file btw.

Nikashi

Banned
Okay, here's the controls as checked on MK2

1 = High Punch
2 = Block
3 = High Kick
4 = Low Punch
5 = Low Kick
6 = Run(?) (In MK2 this did a very fast block, I don't think it's a 'real' button)

DaCocoBrova

^^

U rock!

D/l'd .086 version of MAME Plus! and Salamander 2 (ver JAA), and it still doesn't even show up in the game list. :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lyte Edge said:
Call me stupid, but how do you change the button mapping in Mame OX for the Xbox?

You hold either one of the black or white buttons (forgot which one) then press back (or is it start, I forget)

8bit

Knows the Score
All of the in-game configuration options in MameOX are bound to button combos involving the
back button and something else.

Back & Start - Rest to mame dash
Back & White - In game options
Back & Black - Pause

etcetera.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
DaCocoBrova said:
How do you control the following games...?

Midnight Resistance, Forgotten Worlds, Heavy Barrel, Ikari Warrios...

For Forgotten Worlds, I make the mouse left/right simulate the paddle, the left button would be the fire (push paddle in) button and the d-pad on my controller to move around. Maybe that combination (with right click as jump/grenade) will work for the other games

DaCocoBrova

Here's another issue I've had over the years...

Audio.

Seems to echoe or resample voice samples and effects even when I de-select 'resample if samplerate doesn't match'.

Any idea on how to fix that?

Top Bottom