• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man my new printer kicks ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Just bought and installed my new Canon Pixma MP600. I have an Epson Stylus Photo 2200 as my man photo printer, and don't see that changing anytime soon (even though quality on the MP600 is damn near the epson, is faster, and slightly lower cost per photo, but epson still looks overall better and uses archival quality pigment based inks on all 7 cartridges). however I needed a good home office printer for all of my business printing. previously I was using a dell 922 (worst ****ing printer ever. run far away from dell's shitty ass printers, and lexmark also.. uggh). after tons of problems with it and the fact that I am out of ink for BOTH printers now, and I don't really want to toss dell $40 for a new cartridge when I could just spend $150 more or so on a new printer that doesn't suck ass...

enter the MP600. Man this printer is the shit. 11ppm black, almost 4 ppm color with moderate coverage, a decent photo printer to boot. 26pl black cartridge for $18 bringing your cost per page down to around 1¢ on normal coverage, compared to (GULP!) 5¢ per page on the Dell (and much much much worse on the Epson 2200, though photo costs are about the same on the two ironically).

anyway, I can't wait to put this thing to work this coming week. treasure your packing slips folks, because they will be printed on one of the best office printers that I have found so far. at 1¢ per page who needs laser.. rawr!

JB1981

Powerslave said:
I just got a M16

mulder.jpg

borghe

well, I just duplexed with it and duplexing is novel but not great. it uses the pigment black (photo) for duplexing so a duplexed page is nowhere near as deep and rich as a single sheet. oh well. it is fast though. 11ppm real world doesn't sound that impressive until you compare it to other printers at their normal quality (like that damn dell) and see it fly.

definitely big thumbs up for those looking for a multifunction. and hell, photo samples at Circuit City looked damn fine as well. will probably give it a shot at a couple of A/B comparisons with the Epson and see where things really stand.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
I have dozens of awesome color Laserjet printers. By which I mean work has dozens of awesome color Laserjet printers.

borghe

memorandum said:
How does the text quality compare to a laser? Any discernible difference?
heh.. kind of funny actually. as far as sharpness goes, it is almost as sharp as the LaserJet 4P's I usually print off of at work. I mean it is sharp. the funny part is that it is almost too bold and saturated when you compare it to the laserjet.. the laserjet looks like a transfer printed page for lack of a better description. this still looks like something through a direct print printer.

the big thing I am enjoying is the overall sharpness combined with the $18 black ink cart with a yield of 800 pages at 5% coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom