• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Margot Robbie to host 'Saturday Night Live' season premiere

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcelw540

Just thought i'd post this :)

It's October 1st
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/09/22/margot-robbie-host-saturday-night-live-season-premiere/90868840/

giphy.gif

It feels like SNL has completely sat out this election year. Feels like it started a lot earlier in 2008 with all the Palin material. Might be my memory playing tricks on me.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Chances of a Suicide Squad sketch are sky high then. They have a lot of political catching up to do also. I don't even know how you lampoon this election cycle, it has been so ridiculous.

abundant

I'm talking about the general. There was a ton of material done on Palin on SNL and that was after the RNC.

That's because the 2008 RNC was in September, whereas the 2016 RNC was in July. Basically there was less down time between the RNC and the Season Premiere in 2008.

EDIT: The 2008 season also started a few weeks earlier than the 2016.

Chances of a Suicide Squad sketch are sky high then. They have a lot of political catching up to do also. I don't even know how you lampoon this election cycle, it has been so ridiculous.

Is Jay Pharoah still part of the cast? Guy can do a mean Will Smith impersonation.

Dishwalla

Banned
It feels like SNL has completely sat out this election year. Feels like it started a lot earlier in 2008 with all the Palin material. Might be my memory playing tricks on me.

The conventions were two months ago now and will be older than two months ago when the season starts. It wasn't like that in the past. Would not be shocked if the cold open is a political parody of some sort, I'd personally put my money on a riff of the first debate that occurs this Monday.

The Beard

Do you watch the show? They did a lot of Bernie, Trump, and Hilary sketches before their Summer break. They return on Oct 1. and I guarantee they'll go hard on the political humor from October until the election, and beyond. Every single cold open will feature either Hilary or Trump.

I bet Margot will play Melania Trump during a sketch.

The Beard

I disagree, I too have made that comparison. And a young Jamie is very comparable to Margot in the fine factor

The picture that was posted looks nothing like Margot, it was a bad choice to make he comparison.

10-12 years ago Jamie looked a lot like Margot does today. Jamie is still beautiful but I don't know how the hell anyone could confuse 39 year old Jamie with 26 year old Margot.

El Jaffe

I keep getting her mixed up with Jamie Pressly.

I swear they are time-traveling twins.
I remember thinking Margot was her in the first trailer to Wolf of Wall Street, now that I've seen her face a lot I can easily distinguish the two (with Margot honestly being prettier, not to slight Jamie Pressly).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Do you watch the show? They did a lot of Bernie, Trump, and Hilary sketches before their Summer break. They return on Oct 1. and I guarantee they'll go hard on the political humor from October until the election, and beyond. Every single cold open will feature either Hilary or Trump.

Yep. And considering the debate is on Monday, they'll be able to fit a cold open or entire sketch about it by Oct 1st. I'm sure they got some stuff in the salvo from over the summer, but next Monday is the meeting where they'll throw ideas at Margot and see what she likes, and then they start writing on Tuesday. Guarantee debate stuff spills over into the show for the first night back.

bigfurb

The picture that was posted looks nothing like Margot, it was a bad choice to make he comparison.

10-12 years ago Jamie looked a lot like Margot does today. Jamie is still beautiful but I don't know how the hell anyone could confuse 39 year old Jamie with 26 year old Margot.

i'm pretty sure that's the comparison he's making. I don't think he's saying old jamie looks like Margot. Hell, has Jamie even been in anything recently for a comparison like that to happen?

Like I mentioned in my later post. I'm talking about once the nominees are picked and the new season begins. Not really the primaries, I'm completely aware of those.

Abundant pointed out that in 2008 the RNC was September 1st-4th and that the SNL premiere was September 13th that year.

The Beard

i'm pretty sure that's the comparison he's making. I don't think he's saying old jamie looks like Margot. Hell, has Jamie even been in anything recently for a comparison like that to happen?

I would assume so, but he posted a pic of 37-38 year old Jamie and said he always gets them mixed up.

Like I mentioned in my later post. I'm talking about once the nominees are picked and the new season begins. Not really the primaries, I'm completely aware of those.

Abundant pointed out that in 2008 the RNC was September 1st-4th and that the SNL premiere was September 13th that year.

Oh, I see. SNL also got a ton of exposure around 08' and 09' with Tina Fey's amazing Sarah Palin impression. There's no impression this year that will come close to the popularity of Fey's Palin. That impression was everywhere! So, in comparison this year's SNL political sketches won't come close to 08' in terms of exposure.

Good for her I guess? I quit watching when they had that piece of crap Trump on. Haven't watched since.

Good for you.

It's been so strange seeing her become famous, teenage me had a massive crush on her when she appeared on Neighbours in 2008.

CNN just spent five minutes talking about what SNL might do about the election tonight and they were taking it so goddamn seriously that it actually made me think that Studio 60 might not have been that far off

Boney

Banned
It's crazy how popular she got even before the movie released.

Yeah there's provocative ass shots but c'mon

The funniest skit of the night is gonna be when weeknd performs false alarm lmao

Anyways looking forward to a Harley skit and Alec Baldwins trump impression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom