• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Tortimer

New to the Wii U and I had a quick question regarding Mario Kart 8:

I am interested in the Wii U Pro controller, but I am having a hard time finding out if it has the same capabilities as the gamepad and traditional wiimotes. Are you able to boost jumps by flicking the Pro controller? I have the old classic controller extension for the wiimote which does not seem to have that ability (not that I really anticipated so).

Enforced

I am interested in the Wii U Pro controller, but I am having a hard time finding out if it has the same capabilities as the gamepad and traditional wiimotes. Are you able to boost jumps by flicking the Pro controller? I have the old classic controller extension for the wiimote which does not seem to have that ability (not that I really anticipated so).
I don't think so. I don't think the pro controller have the same thing like gamepad and Wiimotes.

Blues1990

Nope. It's as traditional of a gamepad as you can get. Nothing fancy, nor can it cook you sausages. It's just buttons, triggers, and a couple of control sticks.

Tortimer

Nope. It's as traditional of a gamepad as you can get. Nothing fancy, nor can it cook you sausages. It's just buttons, triggers, and a couple of control sticks.

Ugh, that stinks. My boyfriend and I love using the gamepad since it sits in the hand more(....ish) like a traditional controller, but you can't use two at a time. It sucks that the most obvious solution to that issue (the pro controller) doesn't have that ability.

Does that jumping ability not do much in a race or does pretty much everyone online/in competitions use the gamepad? I'm really out of the loop since I haven't owned a Nintendo console in a while, but I imagine that most competitive players avoid the wiimote at all costs. At least that's how things seemed during the Wii.

Roo

Ugh, that stinks. My boyfriend and I love using the gamepad since it sits in the hand more(....ish) like a traditional controller, but you can't use two at a time. It sucks that the most obvious solution to that issue (the pro controller) doesn't have that ability.

Does that jumping ability not do much in a race or does pretty much everyone online/in competitions use the gamepad? I'm really out of the loop since I haven't owned a Nintendo console in a while, but I imagine that most competitive players avoid the wiimote at all costs. At least that's how things seemed during the Wii.

The Wii U Pro does not have any motion sensor so you can't flick/shake/tilt/whatever it to do tricks and such (strictly speaking of Mario Kart)
However, you still can do all of that by pressing some buttons.
Wii U Pro is a traditional controller but it's still capable of doing pretty much everything the gamepad does (minus the screen of course)

If anything, the Wii U Pro was made with a different demographic in mind aka dudes who hate motion stuff, so yeah..

Top Bottom