• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Exentryk

That Rainbow road race was terrible (like it usually is.)

Also, Roo's Pirhanha stronger than my bullet bill confirmed.

Enforced

Sort of off-topic. I just played mario kart 7. It felt really weird after playing MK8 a lot. Wish they bring back the tanooki tail item. I forgot the item was included in the MK7. :p

Okay, here's why the Tanooki Tail is annoying:

1) Its lag compensation is dumb.

2) A 1st place racer that's holding onto a Tanooki Tail and dragging something else is really hard to hit with even triple reds. No, scratch that. Hard to hit with *double* triple reds.

3) Its lag compensation is dumb.

4) Yet, while it's good in 1st, getting it in 3rd is like a slap in the face because of its timer and the desire for things like triple shrooms.

5) Its lag compensation is dumb.

6) Trolls with tanooki tails at choke points can fuck you over and cost you the race because even if you don't get hit you'll typically have had to slow down to avoid getting hit since you can't really pass because

7) Its lag compensation is dumb.

But eh, it's not really that bad as long as nobody's trolling. As long as the Thundercloud doesn't come back I'm good.

Roo

We can't.

Cause MK8 doesn't have an actual Battle Mode and doesn't have Coin Runner.

Touche.gif

Roo

This really bums me out. 7's online is...well was such a breath of fresh air after all the hackers in mario kart wii even with the maka wuhu glitch. :(

There's a discussion going on in MKW .com and according to the guy responsible for this hacks, he won't release any codes anytime soon but he thinks the game is trash and deserved to be hacked.

We all know if he's not the one releasing the codes, someone will take his place, so yeah, I feel sorry for those with MK7

ffdgh

Boy I'll be pissed.

I remember that maka wuhu glitch. People tried to do that glitch right after the patch went live. It was hilarious.
Haha yeah the first day of the patch was something special. Just watching the cheaters trying to do the glitch over and over without it working was so good.

...Well ffdgh, guess we better do another MK7 online session soon then while this is still contained to just a few people. ><;

MK7 handling is too weird for me. It feels so loose now.

There's a discussion going on in MKW .com and according to the guy responsible for this hacks, he won't release any codes anytime soon but he thinks the game is trash and deserved to be hacked.

We all know if he's not the one releasing the codes, someone will take his place, so yeah, I feel sorry for those with MK7

So it's more or less a ticking time bomb at this point. I swear some fans are a bit too in love with mario kart wii at times.

MK7 handling is tight yo. :p Either way, good thing I moved onto MK8 I guess. Should be a good while before shit happens. I'm also impressed that the game has been out for so long without any truly game-breaking glitches being discovered AFAIK.

Also, that guy who's claiming that MK7 is trash is hilarious considering the name of the forum he's on. Yeah, I'm going there.

EDIT: Anyone wanna play MK8?

Roo

Well, shit. Guess we'll see if Nintendo does anything about that...

Also, looks like we've finally been Community'd. Was starting to wonder if any mods would ever notice this thread, lol.
From what I've read, it definitely won't be as easy as it was back in Mario Kart Wii.
3DS' security is miles better than Wii (apparently, that was the major issue why it took them so long to hack the game plus lack of interest) So you'll need more than inserting your SD card and letting homebrew and Gecko do their magic to hack the game.
It's disheartening tho. Online is probably the only reason why people keep coming back to MK, and it'll be ruined once again.

Now I wonder if they will move us back to Gaming once pack 2 launches or a new thread is needed >.>

Anyway, I'll play in 5 minutes if anyone wants to join.

Yeah, pretty much all I've been seeing lately are the usual KartGAF suspects.

Hopefully we can get the thread moved back to Gaming once DLC Pack 2 hits, though.
Let's try to get lots and lots of post in this thread by May so we'll have an excuse to make a new one.

That obviously means more karting. Anyone game?

Top Bottom