• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

These bad Probably-Casual-Runs-Right-After-Launch times bugged me:
5SObm6i.png

So I decided to go ahead and beat them with no shrooms:
P8JNqJc.png

I guess I'll go study for my midterm this week now :p Really early midterm!

ffdgh

These bad Probably-Casual-Runs-Right-After-Launch times bugged me:

So I decided to go ahead and beat them with no shrooms:
P8JNqJc.png

I guess I'll go study for my midterm this week now :p Really early midterm!

I really should have uploaded my times before I replaced them all with bikes....Actually I should upload in general lol.

I only have a 8GB HD Wii U. To my surprise over half of that is used up without me even having anything on it.

Anyway, the DLC for this is just under 700mb I believe. Is that for BOTH what's out now and the one coming in May, or just the current pack?

Also, is the DLC worth getting?

Atouba

Of course its only for the first pack. The second pack is still in development...

And yes, if you like Mario Kart 8, the DLC is perfect.

Set aside 2 GB for the DLC. You won't need quite that much but that way you'll be safe.

And yes, the DLC's worth it. The tracks are pretty good aside from SNES Rainbow Road.

ffdgh

It was a lot better in 7 because 7 didn't have 8's bump physics, boomerang, bullet bill massacre, or "Get single green shell in 11th while 7th gets a Lightning" thing goin' on. The track itself is just fine though, it's the people on it that make me not like it.

:mad:

True tho 7's RR twomps made you come to a complete stop when hitting them and ofcourse...tanooki tail trolling on the narrow parts of the track.
8's bump physics still win in the end overall lol.

Tried to sub 1:52 on Yoshi Circuit with my "Black Yoshi Combo" earlier. Got like 1:52.04X and tried to beat that but ran out of time (I had like 1 hour total). I uploaded that ghost at the end for kicks though.

At least I'm getting more consistent at that track.

Because seriously that track is so hard and picked so often :(

ffdgh

Tried to sub 1:52 on Yoshi Circuit with my "Black Yoshi Combo" earlier. Got like 1:52.04X and tried to beat that but ran out of time (I had like 1 hour total). I uploaded that ghost at the end for kicks though.

At least I'm getting more consistent at that track.

Because seriously that track is so hard and picked so often :(

Well shoot you beat my Yoshi cycle ghost(1:54.686) by 2+ seconds...Freaking fire hopping /s
My time would be somewhat better if I could do that grassy shortcut on a bike.

I F'd up like all the cuts on lap 2 so no johns. :p Right on the grass at one point too. I can do that cut consistently now but couldn't do the following sharp turn very well on subsequent runs so I couldn't "fix" that. lol

lolfirehopping indeed

ffdgh

I F'd up like all the cuts on lap 2 so no johns. :p Right on the grass at one point too. I can do that cut consistently now but couldn't do the following sharp turn very well on subsequent runs so I couldn't "fix" that. lol

lolfirehopping indeed

No johns indeed. Finally figured out how do go over the grass so my new time is 1:52.905.(Screwed up on the last lap) Gotta say thanks for the challenge/bike practice :D. Dobut I'll get any lower without using pink gold cycle.

That's a pretty solid time all things considered.

I think I'll go beat it shroomless.
Probably possible, but like hell I'd be able to do it without upgrading my vehicle.

ffdgh

Roo it's Time to time trial IIO until you can't hate it....and to learn how to do the shortcut at the end while drifting.

Roo

Roo it's Time to time trial IIO until you can't hate it....and to learn how to do the shortcut at the end while drifting.
I know how to do the shortcut drifting and I know how to firehop in that track.
What I hate about it is the split path nature of it. Both paths are too narrow for my taste and it gets stupidly chaotic at times.

:<

Good thing it doesn't seem to be a popular track compared to others :V

ffdgh

What I hate about it is the split path nature of it. Both paths are too narrow for my taste and it gets stupidly chaotic at times.

Alrighty gotcha. The narrow paths with back spam definitely kills me most of the time lol.

Eh?

I like it because it's the DLC track I'm the least likely to get fucked over on, actually. >_>;

Gattuso

all I can do is sit here and read the exciting reactions of each race as I do nothing in class for today due to a presentation taking a decent chunk of the school away to see it

ffdgh

all I can do is sit here and read the exciting reactions of each race as I do nothing in class for today due to a presentation taking a decent chunk of the school away to see it

Look on the bright side. You'll get other chances for the game to screw you over in a new way.

Top Bottom