• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

Merrick? Fucktons of playtime/practice.

Exentryk and Justice? Moo Moo Meadows.

It's pretty simple, really.

lol
Isn't Merrick over 700 hours? shit is crazy.

edit: stalking the MK8 Stats thread:
iC9D0BTcyJnbo.jpg

:O
Merrick stahp!!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I will play tomorrow night, so you better prepare for trouble! :D

Well, you did beat Heath by over 2 minutes so that's still pretty solid!

Whoa! Whoa!

Don't flatter him with false confidence. It was my first and last attempt at time travel. I think I was trying to finish all time travel for golden part but I got bored of it and gave up.

I found multiplayer more fun than any single player content on Mario Kart 8. I think I need to do time travel again since people apparently learn a lot of shortcut from there.

ffdgh

Whoa! Whoa!

Don't flatter him with false confidence. It was my first and last attempt at time travel. I think I was trying to finish all time travel for golden part but I got bored of it and gave up.

I found multiplayer more fun than any single player content on Mario Kart 8. I think I need to do time travel again since people apparently learn a lot of shortcut from there.

Time travel?...Do tell of these secrets oh hero of time. :p
But yeah give it another shot to learn some new tricks.

Roo

Whoa! Whoa!

iMmkr8y1zPCGW.gif

Oh Heath, you're a good man.
iMmkr8y1zPCGW.gif

Just did a Music Park run with no drifting, no shrooms, and really wide lines. I also fucked up badly a few times and had to slow down as a result.

2:37.499.

...Heath, you really should've went with "It was a joke run" instead of something that implied that that run was actually serious. >_>
lol never change Heath :p

ffdgh

Just did a Music Park run with no drifting, no shrooms, and really wide lines. I also fucked up badly a few times and had to slow down as a result.

...Heath, you really should've went with "It was a joke run" instead of something that implied that that run was actually serious. >_>

You're doing it wrong. Use a heavy with monster tires and bad wagon.

Roo

That bike you were using yesterday is actually good?
I've seen it a lot lately.
Plus, I downloaded your Yoshi Circuit ghost data last night to give it a try and I noticed you were using it there too.

2:46.870 with that 1-handling combo. Still clobbers Heath's time lol.

Oh, yeah, the Flame Rider is actually good. It's basically just the Pipe Frame in bike form. Same with the standard bike but the Flame Rider looks cooler. There's also the Varmint but I don't like its looks.

For my earlier run I used Yoshi + Circuit Special + Wood.

ffdgh

2:46.870 with that 1-handling combo. Still clobbers Heath's time lol.

Oh, yeah, the Flame Rider is actually good. It's basically just the Pipe Frame in bike form. Same with the standard bike but the Flame Rider looks cooler. There's also the Varmint but I don't like its looks.

For my earlier run I used Yoshi + Circuit Special + Wood.

Standard bike master race since flame rider is too long and bolt buggy bike edition is too tiny.

Spectating Roo, should be a jolly good time involving being bumped everywhere. But I *will* get to 10K using just Yoshi! (Then I'll go hur-hur with Bowser of course)

EDIT: Longer feels better to me though, short ones are too hard for me to control the way I want to.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Time travel?...Do tell of these secrets oh hero of time. :p
But yeah give it another shot to learn some new tricks.

Oh man. I actually botched that up! Time Travel, that would be nice since it probably grant me instant wins against those hacker players, like Omni, Andy, Roo, etc!

Gotta to mod my Wii U with Hero of Time Mod and see if it would work for me :)

Man, I wish I could. You gotta to hack your Wii U with Hero of Time Mod

Oh Heath, you're a good man.

/bow I'm trying my best. :)

64q07zo.gif

I should have. ;_; I didn't know that joke run term itself actually exists until now.
Yep, you are right. I always managed to put my foot in my mouth

Roo

Items do obey the laws of physics, but they designed the courses in a way to encourage the dumbest angles.
Physics my ass.
Even in perfectly straight roads like the Yoshi Circuit start (ffdgh knows that first hand) shells will bounce back at you.
The fuck is that? :<

Edit: lmao, I can't believe we wrote the exact same thing xD

Physics my ass.
Even in perfectly straight roads like the Yoshi Circuit start (ffdgh knows that first hand) shells will bounce back at you.
The fuck is that? :<

Edit: lmao, I can't believe we wrote the exact same thing xD
I'll have to check but I don't believe the start of Yoshi Circuit's walls are actually perfectly 100% straight, it just looks like it.

All it would take are slightly, almost invisible bends in the wall to make the green shells bounce back at you. Also, those bigass niches in the sides of that straight are purposefully designed to fuck you over so make sure the shells don't hit those, but I doubt they did in your case.

Roo

I love N64 Rainbow Road.
I used to think it would be an overrated track but the truth is, it is not picked enough :/

Top Bottom