• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

I refuse to believe we were *this* bad back when the game launched.
Seriously, some of them literally don't know what they're doing lol

Gattuso

quick phone cam one just like old times!
PlayfulSickCur.gif

I refuse to believe we were *this* bad back when the game launched.
Seriously, some of them literally don't know what they're doing lol
When I first got 8 back last October I couldn't even drive through your typical course without crashing I was so shitty.

I'm very slightly better now so woot! I still have trouble with the "not crashing" part, though...

EDIT: LOL @ that gif.

Roo

quick phone cam one just like old times!
PlayfulSickCur.gif
That's my red shell that was supposed to grant me second place ;_;
When I first got 8 back last October I couldn't even drive through your typical course without crashing I was so shitty.

I'm very slightly better now so woot! I still have trouble with the "not crashing" part, though...

EDIT: LOL @ that gif.
I mean, they have the right to play as they please.
After all, not everyone plays in a competitive way but some of them were just... Bad.
Especially considering most of them were already in the 5k VR ballpark.
Also, I'm not sure if it was only in our room or if it's a widespread thing among low VR rooms but red shells were more common than usual
Not to mention the stupid high rate of lightnings.

After you left, there were 6 lightnings in the last two races. 6!! What the heck is that? That doesn't even happen in frantic :V
That's too far away. Plus, it will get in the way of Splatoon :(
Tbh, "late May" was most likely a placeholder used by the dev team when they announced the 2nd pack was pretty much done.
It could end up being mid-May release or even sooner just like pack 1. We still don't know.
Hopefully the next direct (which should happen any day now) will come with a definitive release date for both pack 2 and Splatoon.

ffdgh

lmfao @ that thread title change indeed.

Beat with Morton finally. Shame my lap 2 is so shit though, sub-1:41 is definitely possible for me though even at my current skill level. Still far off the WR though...

Pink Gold Falcon reclaims her spot for best time at 1.40.996. Still no hop sliding on my end/ ain't nobody got time for that.

Gattuso

another one from last night. for being in such a low vr room I didn't think they could still be so annoying with items, those 3 lightnings.
DeafeningLinearHookersealion.gif

Pink Gold Falcon reclaims her spot for best time at 1.40.996. Still no hop sliding on my end/ ain't nobody got time for that.
Kept on getting 1:41.6XX - 8XX.

Went to make and then eat dinner.

Came back, got 1:40.404 on the like second try (First try I crashed into a pipe). Uploaded it to Miiverse, too, so I think there should be a ghost appearing eventually.

Of course, I'm using a faster character (Bowser) so I have an advantage. lol It wasn't really a good run, either!

Roo

another one from last night. for being in such a low vr room I didn't think they could still be so annoying with items, those 3 lightnings.
DeafeningLinearHookersealion.gif
Tell me about it. Those lightnings were really annoying. 3 or 4 of them almost screw me over.

Top Bottom