• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Neoxon

148109-Starlord-youre-welcome-gif-Img-WVCM.gif

Roo

It's funny because I was right behind both of you and for a split second Nathan was the one that fell off instead of Merrick

Speaking of that... Was that race when I was still there? Because I only remember one RR64 race and I believe it was one where I had somehow magically caught up to everybody and then placed OK after I got boned.

Gattuso

I like how your mii turns his head and goes, "Oh, what's this?" before getting smoothly rammed off.
if only they made silly faces for when that happens
ScentedCandidIberianbarbel.gif

I do not remember doing this. XD
On my screen you just went behind me.
i flew right off the course completely from that haha.
Speaking of that... Was that race when I was still there? Because I only remember one RR64 race and I believe it was one where I had somehow magically caught up to everybody and then placed OK after I got boned.

nope, you weren't part of that race according to the replay.

Roo

Except for when you try to bump an actual heavy weight and you're the one that gets sent flying instead....yay physics!
Mario Kart Wii had the same issue.
Bumping a heavyweight while slipstreaming and doing a wheelie was fun.
Those were the days :,)

ffdgh

Mario Kart Wii had the same issue.
Bumping a heavyweight while slipstreaming and doing a wheelie was fun.
Those were the days :,)
Gcn DK mountain was the first ting to come to mind reading your post....specifically that bridge at the end >_<.

Came back, got 1:40.404 on the like second try (First try I crashed into a pipe). Uploaded it to Miiverse, too, so I think there should be a ghost appearing eventually.
Got sub-1:54 on Sweet Sweet Canyon but fuck I blew that ending hardcore.
Also, Sherbet Land: 1:57.100 oh my god this is the best I could do in the time I had and it's still really bad even by my standards. This course... As usual i uploaded it to Miiverse but man THIS COURSE AAAAAH

Many...MANY screw ups later.

MK Stadium: 1:40.393
SS Canyon: 1:53.318
Sherbet land: 1:55.769

The need to hop slide is becoming more apparent with each sub lol.

ffdgh

Let me say that Mk stadium's reliance on soft drifting, boosting through those pipes, and getting 3 coins while gliding is very maddening.

Roo

Is there any particular reason why every single truck in Toad's Turnpike change their design on the fly in the WR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZedCGLcVm4

I was watching some WR videos (thanks to Nathan for that) and I noticed they change as the guy goes by.
Sorry if it's old. We barely play in this track and I never paid attention to this until today

edit: ok, *every single* was a little sensationalist but some of them still change lol

The guy who uploads those videos merges two videos together; one of the MKTV replay and one of the ghost replay. If the truck designs are RNG'd then some weird merging shenanigans could be to blame here.

EDIT: Got it. Yeah, it's merging. Notice how all the changes take place in a specific region near the item box? The item box is from the ghost replay.

Top Bottom