• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You're just saying that as a defense mechanism because you know it's true. ;P

If not, then post your W/L records against us. lol

Whatever, if you are going to put your words in my mouth then feel free to do. All I want to ask you to stop being elitist because pulling a win/losses comparison card is so old and silly when I was trying to have fun with MarioKartGAF.

Neoxon

tumblr_nk77pzqRJ91u349k0o1_500.gif

Roo

Whatever, if you are going to put your words in my mouth then feel free to do. All I want to ask you to stop being elitist because pulling a win/losses comparison card is so old and silly when I was trying to have fun with MarioKartGAF.
You guys need to relax.
I made that comment because I like to give all tracks a chance but it's hard to do so if you guys keep picking the same track over and over. It can be tiring.

It's the last time I make a comment like this. It's obviously a lost cause.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You guys need to relax.
I made that comment because I like to give all tracks a chance but it's hard to do so if you guys keep picking the same track over and over. It can be tiring.

It's the last time I make a comment like this. It's obviously a lost cause.

Well, sometime some people are not in mood to pick tracks that they dislike to race on. Obviously, I'm not in mood for some of tracks today but I will be more variable tomorrow. I promise. I understand how some people would find it tiring but some people don't.

lol. is that a big great mix of love/hate/salt talking?
Yes.
I wasn't being that serious.

It was a joke based on how when somebody dominated a room in Mario Kart Wii it didn't take long for most races to be on Luigi Circuit, Moo Moo Meadows, or some other track I'm forgetting. A similar thing happened in 7. The frequency at which Excitebike is played at is heaven by comparison.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way.

ffdgh

Yes.

I wasn't being that serious.

It was a joke based on how when somebody dominated a room in Mario Kart Wii it didn't take long for most races to be on Luigi Circuit, Moo Moo Meadows, or some other track I'm forgetting. A similar thing happened in 7. The frequency at which Excitebike is played at is heaven by comparison.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Mario raceway, mario circuit wii, Daisy circuit, and peach beach I assume. Those last laps were something else at times lol

Wow i just realized all the circuits in mario kart wii are death traps.

Roo

Well, sometime some people are not in mood to pick tracks that they dislike to race on. Obviously, I'm not in mood for some of tracks today but I will be more variable tomorrow. I promise. I understand how some people would find it tiring but some people don't.
You don't have to pick tracks you hate but that doesn't mean you have to select the same one over and over.
Is Excitebike the only track you like or something?

Mario raceway, mario circuit wii, and peach beach I assume. Those last laps were something else at times lol
That sounds about right, yeah. Maybe also Sherbet Land(sp?), but that was part of the "Magikruiser Spammer" pair of tracks. EDIT: And yeah Daisy Circuit too.

If we're listing luck-based courses, I believe these are 7's:

Toad Circuit
Cheep Cheep Beach
Daisy Hills
SNES Rainbow Road
Luigi Raceway
Maka Wuhu

Maka Wuhu was dumb pre-patch because of the glitch and post-patch because the gliding section was a load of bullshit.

As for 8 I'd go with:

Mario Circuit
Mario Kart Stadium
Excite Bike
SNES Rainbow Road
Dry Dry Desert
Yoshi Circuit*
Rainbow Road 64
Toad Turnpike
Water Park
Sweet Sweet Canyon
Thwomp Ruins*
Donut Plains 3
Toad Harbor
Moo Moo Meadows

*Technical courses that manage to be deathtraps anyways. It's very impressive course design. Ice Ice Outpost should probably also be here but that would be admitting that it's a deathtrap so I'm not going to put it there. <3

...Okay, I have to be remembering things wrong because I don't want to admit that 8 has *that many* luck-based courses, especially in comparison to the other games in the series. >_>

Roo

If we're listing luck-based courses, I believe these are 7's:

Toad Circuit
Cheep Cheep Beach
Daisy Hills
SNES Rainbow Road
Luigi Raceway
Maka Wuhu

Maka Wuhu was dumb pre-patch because of the glitch and post-patch because the gliding section was a load of bullshit.

As for 8 I'd go with:

Mario Circuit
Mario Kart Stadium
Excite Bike
SNES Rainbow Road
Dry Dry Desert
Yoshi Circuit*
Rainbow Road 64
Toad Turnpike
Water Park
Sweet Sweet Canyon
Thwomp Ruins*
Donut Plains 3
Toad Harbor
Moo Moo Meadows

*Technical courses that manage to be deathtraps anyways. It's very impressive course design. Ice Ice Outpost should probably also be here but that would be admitting that it's a deathtrap so I'm not going to put it there. <3

...Okay, I have to be remembering things wrong because I don't want to admit that 8 has *that many* luck-based courses, especially in comparison to the other games in the series. >_>

Admitting Ice Ice Outpost is shit makes you look cool in my eyes :p

is this real?
Burnout Acceleration: For any vehicle with less than 3 acceleration, doing a quick burnout by pressing A & B together, then releasing B, gives you a noticeable boost in acceleration. Vehicles with 3 or more acceleration can still do this but do not benefit from it.

Roo

It's like Mario Kart 64.
If you get hit by a blue, red or green shell, press A repeatedly while in the air. That way, you break the accel stat and you will be racing like nothing happened :V

"Wait... Instead of using my shrooms before the next item boxes, I'll try saving those for the shortcut and see what happens!"

I think I'm getting slightly better. Yay!

Top Bottom