• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

ffdgh

I'm felling a bit crazy so here goes bad wagon in all it's slow acceleration glory.

Edit: GGs then oh and I subbed again :p

I would like to congratulate Burning Justice on improving his MKS time by a whole hundredth of a second. You go dude! :)

No but seriously that's both sad and funny at the same time :X

Burning Justice

the superior princess
I would like to congratulate Burning Justice on improving his MKS time by a whole hundredth of a second. You go dude! :)

No but seriously that's both sad and funny at the same time :X

lol, I know. That run was bad, but for some inexplicable reason I continued it anyway. And then that happened.

9Tib4ai.jpg

I didn't actually play for long yesterday. I played for about half an hour tonight, and I've already beaten that time by more than a second. I'll try again when I have more time. I dunno if I'll catch up to you guys, but I know I can do better than I'm doing now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Wonder if they'll got the extra mile with the Animal Crossing track making it change its settings depending on the time of the day you're in.

We would play that track almost exclusively at night lol

That would be cool if that is going to happens. I have a feeling that it is going to be very simple track.

ffdgh

Isn't that a spoiler technically? Besides dry bowser's course(s) are already in with bone dry dunes and grumble volcano(debatable going by the wii staff ghost).

But if we do get a dry bowser course, It needs blue lava :D

Roo

Isn't that a spoiler technically? Besides dry bowser's course(s) are already in with bone dry dunes and grumble volcano(debatable going by the wii staff ghost).

But if we do get a dry bowser course, I needs blue lava :D
Eh... I don't think that's a spoiler. I mean, it's Mario Party lol
I'll take that out just in case..

Anyway, I said the course thing because every DLC character was a ghost in at least one DLC track that *made* sense for said character so I was thinking a lava/castle track was pretty much a given for Dry Bowser.
Maybe it's just in my head and he probably will be a ghost in whatever 3D World track we get.
I'm excited :D

Roo

Eh... if we get another guest series in pack two I'd say Kirby seems like the one that fits the most. That and *probably* Star Fox.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I miss playing with you guys. :p

Are you quite sure about that? Apparently all we did to you is making you salty as heck. Yes, I know it's rough love but do you really want more of that from all of us? :)

Same here, and I can't wait for all of us to get together this weekend if people aren't hiding

Oh, I won't be here for a good chunk of this weekend because I'll be too busy plowing through Fossil Fighters: Frontier to get English names and terms. I'll know what I'm doing since I've played the JPN version so it shouldn't take too long, though.

lol

I got most of the stamps out of the way when I first got the game and could really use the practice and coins. I just had a few stragglers after the DLC came out and then I ignored them until very recently.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh, I won't be here for a good chunk of this weekend because I'll be too busy plowing through Fossil Fighters: Frontier to get English names and terms. I'll know what I'm doing since I've played the JPN version so it shouldn't take too long, though.

I think I'm going to take this as good news :p

Enforced

The stamps are really nice feature. I enjoy collecting them on mario 3D world. I only got few on mario kart. I spend more time playing online with you guys

ffdgh

You've all played online enough. Getting the stamps will be a breeze now lol.

Been mixing things up playing battle mode recently. Inferior to 7 but still surprisingly fun. The lack of invincibility after getting hit(What the hell nintendo?) and being stuck as a ghost kills some of the joy.

Enforced

Are you quite sure about that? Apparently all we did to you is making you salty as heck. Yes, I know it's rough love but do you really want more of that from all of us? :)

Same here, and I can't wait for all of us to get together this weekend if people aren't hiding
rickstarercdxe.gif

Roo

Well, I haven't got all stamps yet. Nothing is wrong with me but I'm going to pin the blames on y'all because y'all got me addicted to online mode. ;)

Speaking of which, last night, rain brought my connection to its kness so I thought it was the perfect moment to play Mario Kart Wii again. (the first time since August, actually)
I set the whole thing 150cc/Hard CPU/Agressive Items/32 tracks etc to make it more interesting since it closest thing to online. I literally forgot how inside drift bikes worked so the CPU and items kicked my ass HARD!
The point is, I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it.
I forgot how much I liked that game.

Not sure if it's nostalgia speaking or what but I couldn't help but to think that other than prettier graphics and anti-gravity (which I think it's a really cool concept) Mario Kart 8 is inferior compared to MKW.

Physics aside for BOTH games, MK8 simply feels so restrictive/methodical while in MKW you have a better sense of control over what happens around you.
Items are obviously a huge issue for both games but MKW does not feel as cheap as MK8 when you get comboed.
Mario Kart Wii feels better in that regard because you had item boxes in every turn and we didn't have to worry about getting a stupid coin.
Good items were nerfed to death in MK8 it's not even funny.
Chaos in MKW was like: "Oh Shit!!!"
Chaos in MK8 was like: "FUCK THAT SHIT! SERIOUSLY!!"

Oh well, rant over :p

Uh yeah of course Wii is fun offline with Aggressive Items

Wii's issues aren't gonna be exposed until you play online, bro. Which you can still do, actually, but all the Funky would drive you insane since it's like only hardcore peeps on there now for obvious reasons.

EDIT: Also, I much prefer 8 if only for the driving mechanics. I love firehopping and demonsliding around the tracks. Wheeling is fucking boring in comparison.

Roo

Uh yeah of course Wii is fun offline with Aggressive Items.

I think this is exactly what I was trying to say in first place but instead I wrote a wall of text.

Mario Kart Wii with aggresive items is fun. Even after all these years it resembles at least a little what you used to see online.
Mario Kart 8 is simply lame offline. Even using frantic mode.

Roo

I would but I have to put some pics into this OT and then post it. I have like an hour and a half before the game, Fossil Fighters: Frontier, goes up on the eShop.

ZZZZZZZZZ
Work on your OT, post it, play Mario Kart tonight and play Fossil fighters tomorrow :p

Roo

It's ok :p
it's raining so it's a lost cause for me anyway ;_;

Edit: I know it's a random question but I need some help, does anyone know what I need to do to stop Wii Sports Club from downloading every time I delete it? It was a fun game the first two times but now it pisses me off every time I see it on my menu x_x

Enforced

It's ok :p
it's raining so it's a lost cause for me anyway ;_;

Edit: I know it's a random question but I need some help, does anyone know what I need to do to stop Wii Sports Club from downloading every time I delete it? It was a fun game the first two times but now it pisses me off every time I see it on my menu x_x
Turn off spotpass? I don't know

DaBoss

There's an option to download free games or something in the settings. Don't know where the option is though.

I only know that the 3DS has it, but I imagine it being the same.

Top Bottom