• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

DaBoss

Oh yea, I forgot this course in my course rankings.

Goomba Poop Tier:
Wario's Shitium - The other two courses in this tier at least have an excuse for being "gimmicky" courses. This one is just designed poorly and flat out not fun to race on.

On an unrelated note, do you guys think we'll get a DK themed course in the DLC?

Wario Stadium's a great, very technical course. Lots of soft-drifting and skipped tricks and drifting off boost pad jumps and low jumps and... Oh boy it's just awesome.
In a kart.

EDIT: Why did I write "drifting while tricking" this isn't Wii what the yams?

Roo

Oh yea, I forgot this course in my course rankings.

Goomba Poop Tier:
Wario's Shitium - The other two courses in this tier at least have an excuse for being "gimmicky" courses. This one is just designed poorly and flat out not fun to race on.

On an unrelated note, do you guys think we'll get a DK themed course in the DLC?

I agree with Nathan here.
Wario Stadium is probably one of the best retro tracks in this game.
The underwater section is lame but the rest is fine.

As for a DK course, I don't know. I honestly don't think we'll get one but if we do then that's great. DK tracks are usually pretty good.

edit: yeah, I can see the tree track being a DK one.
btw, I love your avatar ffdgh lol

Enforced

I want dk mountain back. :x I like how it look on double dash. Would you guys like to see special items back like double dash?

ffdgh

btw, I love your avatar ffdgh lol
Thanks. Cropping it was the easy part. Searching through deviant art for a decent pic was the hard part. >_>

I want dk mountain back. :x I like how it look on double dash. Would you guys like to see special items back like double dash?

Sure but let everyone have access to others specials. To keep things interesting, characters have a somewhat higher chance of getting their own special...wait that's probably broken.

Roo

No, I wouldn't like to see special items back.
It would be King Boo/Petey Piranha all over again but with online this time D:

However, the double character mechanic is something I'd like to see coming back.
Not sure how feasible would it be to render 24 unique characters, items, etc etc if they decide to keep the 12 player standard but it's something that has too much potential imo.

Thanks. Cropping it was the easy part. Searching through deviant art for a decent pic was the hard part. >_>
Tell me about it.

ffdgh

Abusive love. Next week will deliver the goods...or hype relapses will start kicking in.
KuGsj.gif

Enforced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adoRDOeoviQ
Youtube editing with added slow motion 2:24. Thanks Hypno. :x I didn't know ffdgh went first. I thought Hypno did after ffdgh get hit from the blue shell on the last lap. I was busy laughing. :p
Edit: wait I must be mistaken. I must be thinking of Stephen

I can't find a good view of me being hit by the bomb-omb. So this is the only view I can find. Let me know if its a 45 second video.

ffdgh

That was hilarious especially with the slow sound effects. Nonexistent during most of the video then lemmy comes out of nowhere at the end.
KuGsj.gif

Roo

This is the same week we started to get new info/footage for pack 1 back in September.
With Splatoon all over the press hopefully they announce a ND for tomorrow morning.

Enforced

I haven't been here for a while now. Sorry guys. Is the new DLC in May?
You're back! I hope you push
Hypno
to last place for me. :x
I'll play with you guys again on Friday.

As for the video I shared, I had the computer muted when adding slow motion yesterday. I went back to check it out after you guys mentioned the sound effects. :p

Hello guys! Just got registered into the forum. Some of you may know me as Chris on our MK8 sessions for past few months. (The bearded mii with glasses). Looking forward to play with you guys again! I'm wondering if I can add my wiiu name in the doc?

Roo

Hello guys! Just got registered into the forum. Some of you may know me as Chris on our MK8 sessions for past few months. (The bearded mii with glasses). Looking forward to play with you guys again! I'm wondering if I can add my wiiu name in the doc?

How come you have played with us if you just got your account approved?
Are you a friend of someone in here?
Anyway, welcome! :D

Sure, you can add your NNID

Quote this post to see the link, add your NNID and it will automatically appear on the spreadhseet

-----------------
↓↓↓↓

↑↑↑↑
-----------------

Edit: are you one of Heath's friends? :V

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Welcome to HellGAF (cough) I meant MarioKartGAF. We are still stuck in phase where people are not playing in NeoGAF OT Room anymore. I guess people are afraid now because they just saw the real fear recently. So they had to put their controllers down for good, and refuse to play with us anymore. :p

Edit: are you one of Heath's friends? :V

Bingo, He is one of my chatroom friends. Once he told me that he planning to register for NeoGAF so I gave him the tournament code. :V

As I already mentioned in this thread,

Nice.
btw, those guys from the frantic room were friends of yours?

You could say that. We were in same chatroom. They are silent members of NeoGAF since they had accounts but they rarely post tho.

^ I didn't elaborate enough about that but yeah.

Top Bottom