• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Exentryk

Does anyone have replays uploaded? Would like to see some highlights in races.

Told you man. Once you can handle 200cc with a heavy, going down to lighter weights feel like a dream.

I'm still gonna use heavies though lol.

I'm down from super heavy to babies lol

JoeM86

3 starred four cups on 200cc so far...all without using the brake. Totally hardcore :p

Using my F-Zero strategy somewhat. It works well :D

Exentryk

3 starred four cups on 200cc so far...all without using the brake. Totally hardcore :p

Using my F-Zero strategy somewhat. It works well :D

Nice. I've only got the new DLC cups to go in 200cc for 3 starring. Just did all the rest in the last hour or so.

royox

1st
Get only coins, and coins, and more coins

2nd
Get only coins, coins and bananas

3rd
RED SHELLS! FUCK THE 2ND!

4rth:
RED SHELLS!! FUCK THE 3RD!!

5-6-7-8
I heard you like mushrooms...so get some mushrooms.

9-10-11
Here!! Have some more mushrooms!

You know, you are not gonna win...but here, have this blue shell to make the 1st player cry.

The item drop of this game is fucking broken. I am more scared when I play 2nd or 3rd that when I'm first. And when you are in a midd position everything you get are boost and more boosts, pointless when EVERYBODY gets boosts. And what they did to the star is unforgivable. Its speed boost is weaker than a mushroom.

Exentryk

Spectating Preston and Wouter in 200cc Frantic.

I shouldn't be playing at this hour, esp after a really long day, but what the hell.

P.S. - Also, 3 starred all 200cc tracks. The CPU sucks in 200cc lol. I played terribly and still won lol.

Davey Cakes

Played some online with my brother at 150CC. Only got to try 6 of the new courses before stopping. First impressions:

1) Ribbon Road - Aesthetically pleasing and I like the layout. GBA what?
2) Big Blue - Feels even more like F-Zero than Mute City. Split paths, slip-n-slides, good stuff.
3) Super Bell Subway - A traditional course, which I like. Coconut Mall meets a train.
4) Wild Woods - Could be my favorite setting for a track, but it could use more variety and challenging parts.
5) Animal Crossing - Played in Spring. Not a particularly exciting course but seasons give it mileage.
6) Neo Bowser City - Forgot what it was like in MK7. I love curves, but whoa, TOO MANY CURVES!

All of the tracks are fun though. I'll try Cheese Land and Baby Park later.

wow, 200cc is truly unbelievable!

this game is reborn and it never died. new strats, new shortcuts, having to break, intensity up to 11 <3 <3 <3

Exentryk

wow, 200cc is truly unbelievable!

this game is reborn and it never died. new strats, new shortcuts, having to break, intensity up to 11 <3 <3 <3

Yup! It's like a whole new game now. I had around 700-800 hours with 150cc, and now, that number might just double lol! This is getting your moneys worth :D

it's been said to death, but if proper battle mode arenas were patched in, even as paid DLC (though id be a bit ticked) this would be the indisputable champion of the franchise

maybe debut them with the addition of 2-3 new items/weapons?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Yeah, I don't think I'll ever 3star a 200cc cup.

Omnicent

fucking lightning. Every damn time I have a star. Papercuts your theory is fucking legit. Fuck I'm going to mash for my life if I have star or bill from now on.

Exentryk

And Roo turned on his hax! I think his last three items were 3 reds, 3 reds and bullet bill. And he didn't even go through a box to get the bullet bill. Roo plz.

Addi

Yeah, I need a lot more practice on that one. All the new tracks actually.

EDIT - And could have taken 1st on Big Blue but had to fall off on the last turn -.-

haha, for me it looked liked you braked just before the finish line :p lag I guess

Roo

Using a lighting in the second grinding section of big blue must be a crime. You lose almost 5 seconds while Lakitu drags your ass back on track

Top Bottom