• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Please GAF, can anyone tell me how the hell you brake using a wifi mote and nunchuck? In-game manual says B, but that's used for drifting.
You have to let go of A. You have the one control scheme that can't brake and drift at the same time, sorry.

If you want to be competitive you'll have to use a different controller.

Dr Prob

Banned
The crazy-ass jump you can do at the end of Mute City with a shroom is awesome. You guys fight it out, I'll just fly over to the finish line :D

You have to let go of A. You have the one control scheme that can't brake and drift at the same time, sorry.

If you want to be competitive you'll have to use a different controller.

Thanks.

Have to say, that's piss-poor on Ninty's part. I'd rather have C as brake and D-pad down for look behind. Can't believe Ninty would bork the wiimote/nunchuk controls so much :-(

WHOSE BOMB WAS THAT?
Someone please teach me how to take those tight ass S-turns. I'm tired of hitting the wall on Dragon Driftway.
First one? Take the first turn wide so you are set up well for the second one then brake into it.

Next turn: Start out by taking the first turn wide and brake a bit into it. Then you go around the next bend tightly, braking a bit if necessary, so that you can have a nice entry into the final turn which you should be able to take at almost full speed.

Top Bottom