• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

missed because blocked
mushroom
mushroom
missed because golden mushroom
missed because blocked
mushroom
missed because golden mushroom
maybe this will be something dif nvm lightninged in last place no item for you fuck off lol

I would recommend not talking the wall track on Thwomp Ruins because every time I did, I ran smack into the ramp that wasn't ready yet.

Azure J

I understand brake drifts enough now to get in the turns but asking for that many consecutively (Dragon Driftway) fucks me up so badly.

SmithnCo

Golden mushrooms are the shittiest ass garbage to ever exist

They never run out before the next item boxes so they waste two items

Azure J

God I hate this game.

-- Everyone gets fucked and I'm comfortably in third place?

Half a dozen gliders activate and sail over my head as the bullet bill im in ends on the sharpest downhill curve of Cheese Land.

Azure J

OH MY FUCKING LORD

A SINGLE FUCKING RED SHELL CHASED ME DOWN AS A BULLET BILL AND HIT ME FRAME 1 AFTER I LOST IT. I WAS RIGHT BEHIND 1ST PLACE

JESUS CHRIST

To clarify what I said last night: Acceleration tiers as they were in 150cc are dead. However, some 0.25 points of accel make a big difference while some make a really tiny difference and others make an "as expected" difference.

As I said to someone in a PM last night, I dunno what they did from a programming standpoint but their "fix" here is fucking hilarious due to just how wildly inconsistent it is. I'm sorry if I mislead anybody into thinking there was a coherent formula behind this. That was never my intention.

Don't believe anybody who tells you that accel tiers are still a thing, though. They either didn't test enough or did not understand how accel tiers worked in 150cc. It's easy to test yourselves: Go into 2 player with two combos of the same speed but, say, one has 3.0 accel and the other has 3.75 accel. Line them up on a long straightaway and press 'A' on both controllers at the same time. On 150cc you'll see the two combos go side-by-side but on 200cc the 3.75 accel one will go a significant ways ahead of the 3.0 one.

tl;dr: Accel tiers are dead but the new system is probably even more confusing.

Azuran

Banned
OKAY THAT'S IT I'M GOING TO FIND OUT WHERE ALL OF YOU LIVE AND THEN I'LL THROW REAL LIFE TURTLES AND STARFISHES AT THE BACK OF YOUR HEADS SO YOU ALL KNOW HOW I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW AFTER ALL OF THAT ABUSE.

IrQzCdt.gif

OKAY THAT'S IT I'M GOING TO FIND OUT WHERE ALL OF YOU LIVE AND THEN I'LL THROW REAL LIFE TURTLES AND STARFISHES AT THE BACK OF YOUR HEADS SO YOU ALL KNOW HOW I'M FEELING RIGHT NOW AFTER ALL OF THAT ABUSE.

IrQzCdt.gif
Added to the salty post collection so we'll never forget this moment. :3

Top Bottom