• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Boney

Banned
Wait I can stay for grumble volcano
Yesss

Stop throwing me shit dude, you're saving them just for me I can tell lol

J@hranimo

Banned
Alright GGs to everyone I raced with!

Might have to use Lakitu more often, I did pretty well today despite the usual Mario Kart 8™ nonsense.

banofypie

Banned
real pros use their main character on 200cc even if the handling isn't as good

also you guys need to brake during drifts more, i keep overtaking people by taking tighter drifts

Roo

Bunch of assholes playing Mario Kart 8

In tonight's episode: Prob makes some poor decisions, Roo hacks, Justice meets a crab and Azure J finds himself in an unfamiliar place.

It's the last time I play with a storm happening outside. Lag and comm errors were a pain in the ass last night.
With those problems aside tho, I don't understand how the game gave me 1st place in Electrodrome. I was behind you the entire time, even after the blue shell explosion. The milisecond I touched the finish line, the game kicked me out so yeah, it was probably high.

KNT-Zero

Does anybody else find it impossible to get 3 stars in Crossing Cup on 200cc? Baby Park is mostly doable, but Cheese Land and Wild Woods get the best in me.

I also remembered that you dont get anything for getting 3 stars in all cups, but you get a shiny golden wheel if you use motion controls... what a waste of time!

ffdgh

Does anybody else find it impossible to get 3 stars in Crossing Cup on 200cc? Baby Park is mostly doable, but Cheese Land and Wild Woods get the best in me.

I also remembered that you dont get anything for getting 3 stars in all cups, but you get a shiny golden wheel if you use motion controls... what a waste of time!

Cheeseland isn't so bad once you memorize where all the holes in the ground are. Max acceleration with a light weight should get the job done.

You just gotta grind out Cheese Land.

Single Player, Versus Race, Easy AI, No Items, 32 Races, 200cc (since there's no 200cc Time Trial mode). Choose Cheese Land and just do it until you can get through it consistently.

Also, for now, only trick off the last set of ramps, the ones before the finish line. There're also one or two potholes you want to jump over. And for the sharper turns you want to brake a bit into them. The AI generally sucks for that track so you should be fine as long as you don't slow down to a halt or something excessive like that.

KNT-Zero

Cheeseland isn't so bad once you memorize where all the holes in the ground are. Max acceleration with a light weight should get the job done.

You just gotta grind out Cheese Land.

Single Player, Versus Race, Easy AI, No Items, 32 Races, 200cc (since there's no 200cc Time Trial mode). Choose Cheese Land and just do it until you can get through it consistently.

Also, for now, only trick off the last set of ramps, the ones before the finish line. There're also one or two potholes you want to jump over. And for the sharper turns you want to brake a bit into them. The AI generally sucks for that track so you should be fine as long as you don't slow down to a halt or something excessive like that.

So far I'm using Lakitu with BiddyBuggy and the Leaf Tires. Also tried with the Standard ATV and the Triforce Tires but it looks like a better fit for a medium weight type of character.

But thanks for the tips!

Dr Prob

Banned
It's the last time I play with a storm happening outside. Lag and comm errors were a pain in the ass last night.
With those problems aside tho, I don't understand how the game gave me 1st place in Electrodrome. I was behind you the entire time, even after the blue shell explosion. The milisecond I touched the finish line, the game kicked me out so yeah, it was probably high.

Yes, yes...the "storm." I'm on to you, Alistair Roo, if that's even your real name.

Did you get video of that one race on Dry Dry Desert where I passed you for the win after you got Blue Shelled about 10 feet from the finish? :p

No, and I'd blocked that from memory, thanks for bringing it up.

just tried it. pretty easy to pull off, provided nothing pushes you out of the way or hits you
The second one right? Yeah it looks like it's just a matter of not losing your momentum and then not completely bungling the landing but I won't get to try it until late tonight.

Roo

Easier than expected, actually.
The real test is if we will be able to do it with all the shit that happens in Frantic GAF.
After all, it's right after item boxes.

Azure J

Someone do one for Grumble Volcano, Neo Bowser & Baby Park. I feel like I'm slowly getting the other courses naturally, with errors coming from me or frantic items.

DaBoss

Banana when I needed a mushroom and then a mushroom when I needed a banana. Screw you too game.
Looking forward to seeing who will be the first person to get hit by a shell right over the ledge and into the gap.
Knowing how items are attracted to me, particularly red shells and ricocheted green shells, it will be me.

Top Bottom